JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I reached out to Cleveland last night and let them know what was happening with Pick #3.  Cleveland was aware and stood pat.

Totally get that Dcat.  Not knocking you for not trying.  Just surprised it went the way it did.  Apparently expressing surprise is offensive to some posters here (not you).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Totally get that Dcat.  Not knocking you for not trying.  Just surprised it went the way it did.  Apparently expressing surprise is offensive to some posters here (not you).

I guess I need to apologize to all the Allen and Mayfield lovers.  I'm just not there with either of them that high in the draft.  Oh well... next year one of the unhappy posters can choose the jets.  But this year I'm going to do what I think is best given the circumstances Mac has put me in.  

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Maybe you could help clarify. 

Is this a Mock of what WE would do, or a Mock of what we think the current GM would do?

Years ago when we did this, we actually scored based on our ability to correctly predict who went where. 

Apparently is a mock to make the Jets and Macc look as bad as possible :P

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Maybe you could help clarify. 

Is this a Mock of what WE would do, or a Mock of what we think the current GM would do?

Years ago when we did this, we actually scored based on our ability to correctly predict who went where. 

what WE would do.  I have no interested in reading Mac's mind.  That's no fun.  It has always been what WE would do.  Obviously, I would have picked Allen at 3 if I was trying to pretend I was Mac.  Either he is just fine with Allen or he knows that Rosen will be there.  Oh well.  I'm not fine with Allen at 3 (or Mayfield).  So to hell with Mac's trade up.  I'll manage the Jets draft to what I think is best.  Other people can try to emulate the real life GM if they want.  That's not why I'm doing this.

And by the way... @NYJetsVets91 had the jets last year and he warned me that I was going to take a lot of sh*t from the board no matter what I do.  Brother John...  boy were you right!  :)

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

what WE would do.  I have no interested in reading Mac's mind.  That's no fun.  It has always been what WE would do.  Obviously, I would have picked Allen at 3 if I was trying to pretend I was Mac.  Either he is just fine with Allen or he knows that Rosen will be there.  Oh well.  I'm not fine with Allen at 3 (or Mayfield).  So to hell with Mac's trade up.  I'll manage the Jets draft to what I think is best.  Other people can try to emulate the real life GM if they want.  That's not why I'm doing this.

And by the way... @NYJetsVets91 had the jets last year and he warned me that I was going to take a lot of sh*t from the board no matter what I do.  Brother John...  boy were you right!  :)

Dude, it's just a straight up bad move. There would, rightfully, be pitchforks and torches if the real life Jets botched their draft position like that. #3 and a third to move down...I'm stunned and this isn't even real.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Dude, it's just a straight up bad move. There would, rightfully, be pitchforks and torches if the real life Jets botched their draft position like that. #3 and a third to move down...I'm stunned and this isn't even real.

Mac moved uop to 3 because he's either fine with Allen or knows Rosen will be there.  This mock didn't fall that way and I'm not taking Allen or Mayfield at 3.  Ever.  This isn't real life.  Considering Darnold and Rosen were gone, it was either take Barkley or move down. 

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Gave up a third to move down two spots?

tenor.gif?itemid=9227031

At least, in typical JN fashion, you were wise enough to blame it on the actual Jets. 

Got Denver's 2nd for Jets 3rd.  If we are stuck with Allen or Mayfield being taken well above their value, I at least improve the Jets next choice. instead of overpaying for one of them at #3. 

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Mac moved uop to 3 because he's either fine with Allen or knows Rosen will be there.  This mock didn't fall that way and I'm not taking Allen or Mayfield at 3.  Ever.  This isn't real life.  Considering Darnold and Rosen were gone, it was either take Barkley or move down. 

Yeah, blaming this on what you imagine McGM is thinking makes this worse. What you did was some bullsh*t. This is the kind of move that would instantly get people fired and out of pro sports altogether. You can always fall back on this not being real, a copout, but if you never even respected this in the first place why bother participating? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah, blaming this on what you imagine McGM is thinking makes this worse. What you did was some bullsh*t. the kind of move that would instantly get people fired and out of pro sports altogether. You can always fall back on this not being real, a copout, but if you never even respected this in the first place why bother participating? 

Im not blaming anything on Mac.  He traded up to 3 because he either is enamored with Allen or he knows Rosen will be there.  I'm not enamored with either Allen or Mayfield at 3.  That's it. I don't care about the trade he made with Colts.  My guy WAS NOT THERE at 3.  Recoup some draft capital and move forward.  If Mac trades to 3 and his guy is already taken, then Mac should be fired.  Not worth the gamble.  He and I don't agree on Allen/Mayfield at 3 obviously.  Or he knows Rosen will be there.  But not in this mock.

If you disagree fine.  We agree to disagree.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

We'll see.  I know it is below the stupid draft chart values.  But I don't want Allen or Mayfield at 3.  I think the trade up to 1.03 Mac made is looking freaking awful right now.  It was a gamble and the worst scenario played out.  In reality, he must know that the Giants are going Barkley or he is just fine taking Mayfield or Allen at #3.  I'm not.  Just because HE is satisfied with Mayfield/Allen at #3, doesn't mean I have to be.  So pardon me while I try to recoup some draft capital.

Of course it is. #2 is a guaranteed QB (Rosen) pick, whether it’s by the Giants or by another team. I hope to God we move back in the draft cuz Allen and/or Mayfield would’ve been there at #6 anyways. Let’s see

• Post of the Week 1

Guys, please be mindful that this is for fun.  Let's appreciate that DEN got a great trade if that's what you think without getting too harsh on the other side of it.  As Dcat said, drafting for the Jets here is going to be a thankless job in that no matter what he did, at least half the board was going to disagree, in some cases quite loudly.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Guys, please be mindful that this is for fun.  Let's appreciate that DEN got a great trade if that's what you think without getting too harsh on the other side of it.  As Dcat said, drafting for the Jets here is going to be a thankless job in that no matter what he did, at least half the board was going to disagree, sometime quite loudly.  

and I'm not sensitive to the JN typical criticism.  They can bring it on.  It's not going to change what I am going to do.  Apologies to those who think taking Allen or Mayfield at 3 was smart.   Worst case scenario was Darnold-Rosen 1-2.  I told everyone yesterday that if those 2 went 1-2 happened I was going to trade back.  Period.  

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah, blaming this on what you imagine McGM is thinking makes this worse. What you did was some bullsh*t. This is the kind of move that would instantly get people fired and out of pro sports altogether. You can always fall back on this not being real, a copout, but if you never even respected this in the first place why bother participating? 

lol you of all people blasting people for 'dumb moves'.

• Upvote 1

Well, we have sure gotten off to a fun start!!!

Been crazy busy working this AM and just got a chance to get caught up on the draft.  I understand the move Dcat made by dropping back.  He could have taken Mayfield or Allen at 3 and gotten no criticism for it.  Instead he moved the next pick up up from Round 3 to Round 2 and is getting killed.

This is why I hate taking the Jets in these mocks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Im not blaming anything on Mac.  He traded up to 3 because he either is enamored with Allen or he knows Rosen will be there.  I'm not enamored with either Allen or Mayfield at 3.  That's it. I don't care about the trade he made with Colts.  My guy WAS NOT THERE at 3.  Recoup some draft capital and move forward.  If Mac trades to 3 and his guy is already taken, then Mac should be fired.  Not worth the gamble.  He and I don't agree on Allen/Mayfield at 3 obviously.  Or he knows Rosen will be there.  But not in this mock.

If you disagree fine.  We agree to disagree.  

Bullsh*t upon bullsh*t but forget that you didn't like what was there. You went and took, deliberately, sh*t value for a top three pick in the draft. They don't even have more draft picks because you went and gave away the third round pick to move out of the...It's just so gd bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Bullsh*t upon bullsh*t but forget that you didn't like what was there. You went and took, deliberately, sh*t value for a top three pick in the draft. They don't even have more draft picks because you went and gave away the third round pick to move out of the...It's just so gd bad.

:lol:  you're funny.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

lol you of all people blasting people for 'dumb moves'.

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean but yes, it's a horrendous move that should be blasted. Instead I'm seeing some sh*t about how it's McGM's fault plus it's not real anyway, or how since he didn't like the available QBs its cool to just give away that pick plus a third to move down...Can't wait to see the praise he'll get for taking a guard. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean but yes, it's a horrendous move that should be blasted. Instead I'm seeing some sh*t about how it's McGM's fault plus it's not real anyway, or how since he didn't like the available QBs its cool to just give away that pick plus a third to move down...Can't wait to see the praise he'll get for taking a guard. 

:lol:  Gato mad?  

Just now, Dcat said:

:lol:  you're funny.

Sure, and what you did and your explanations are still bullsh*t. I still do not get why you chose to participate if you believe it's all bullsh*t anyway. Three picks in and the air got completely sucked the air out of something that's usually fun and slightly more sane than the rest of the offseason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, SenorGato said:

Sure, and what you did and your explanations are still bullsh*t. I still do not get why you chose to participate if you believe it's all bullsh*t anyway. Three picks in and the air got completely sucked the air out of something that's usually fun and slightly more sane than the rest of the offseason. 

I don't think it's b-sht.  I'm doing what I think is best.  Neither Mayfield nor Allen is worth the #3.  End of story.  I would have taken Rosen or Darnold in a heartbeat.  If that has "sucked the air" out of the mock for you, well then that's your choice. Carry on.

I think this goes to one of the issue with mock drafts: Do you pick it the way you think it will happen?  The way the team thinks?  Or do you pick it the way you would do it if you were the GM?  I tend to go with the latter - which is what dcat is doing here.  It is why I usually take teams like the Seahawks that go for measurables, because I tend to like those players too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I don't think it's b-sht. 

Which does nothing to change the fact that it is. On top of it you apply a three year old's reasoning (I don wanna!) and, through disregard, pretty much sh*t on whoever chose to coordinate this year by reminding everyone that the fake message board mock draft is fake so pulling nonsense bullsh*t is OK.

• Thumb Down 1