JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Even with a lack of picks I feel like i’ve done ok for the two first picks I made.

James Washington in the second 

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo In the third. 

Regretting going Washington a tad bit because I am realizing I could of gotten a decent WR without trading up but I had gotten so tired of waiting to pick lol..so I just went for it.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Even with a lack of picks I feel like i’ve done ok for the two first picks I made.

James Washington in the second 

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo In the third. 

Regretting going Washington a tad bit because I am realizing I could of gotten a decent WR without trading up but I had gotten so tired of waiting to pick lol..so I just went for it.

Rookie mistake. 

But on the bright side, you landed the Blitnikoff Award winner. 

• Sympathy 1

Not a shabby haul for the Saints so far. I came in with ILB, OG, DL, WR and CB/S as my top 5 needs. Knowing I had no 2nd rounder, I wanted to get two guys that are playing a role by the ends of their rookie season. With Brees at QB, I feel Pettis is the type of guy that can thrive in a tertiary receiver role in that offense. No pressure on him to carry the O, but certainly has the skill set to be a weapon in the way they've used guys like Lance Moore in the past. 

Brandon Coleman and Snead may not be back. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There has been a trade. 

The Giants send the Bills: 4.8

The Giants receive: 4.21, 5.29, 6.13

@Lith

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Confirmed 

Got it.  Will update the sheet.  Bills will be done after 4.8.  

• Sympathy 1

@JiF Surprised you didn't give Jax a Bortles back up/future QB unless you really like Kessler.  I figured none of the 2d tiers would be there, but alas, Rudolf and Falk.  Jags can cut Bortles after 2019 season with only $5 mill dead money.  Bortles for 2018 & 19 secure.  If Falk/Rudolph look good, Marrone can kick Bortles to curb if he wants.

Disclaimer: I thought the extension was Jets caliber stupid.  Jets are not the only stupid franchise.  But I 'll admit extending Sanchez was worse. 

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@JiF Surprised you didn't give Jax a Bortles back up/future QB unless you really like Kessler.  I figured none of the 2d tiers would be there, but alas, Rudolf and Falk.  Jags can cut Bortles after 2019 season with only $5 mill dead money.  Bortles for 2018 & 19 secure.  If Falk/Rudolph look good, Marrone can kick Bortles to curb if he wants.

Did JiF pick?

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hey

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hey

sorry, I was thnnking and posting.  I thought the Bortles extension was Jets caliber stupid.  Jets are not the only stupid franchise.  But I 'll admit extending Sanchez was worse. 

Now that Rudolph is off the board, I'll say that Rudolph will go way earlier, probably in 2, but maybe in 1.  No way he drops this far.  WHen Steelers were on the clock and the 3 hours were almost up, it was a nonosecond away from him being the pick.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Now that Rudolph is off the board, I'll say that Rudolph will go way earlier, probably in 2, but maybe in 1.  No way he drops this far.  WHen Steelers were on the clock, it was a nonosecond away from him being the pick.  

I almost took him for Saints but decided to pretend he’d already been drafted for the realistic factor.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They should give Rudolph the chance to start in this scenario. It saddens me to think they’re going to waste this roster on Bortles

Except for him it's a really good team.  WHat a tragedy it will be when he is the only thing holding them back.  Frankly, it was Marrone who blew it against New england.  No blame on Bortles there.