JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Except for him it's a really good team.  WHat a tragedy it will be when he is the only thing holding them back.  Frankly, it was Marrone who blew it against New england.  No blame on Bortles there. 

True. And that last pass he threw almost connected and would have knocked the Pats out. Just a sick play by Gilmore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Quality over quantity and the Bills had a ton of picks already. 

Nelson

Kirk

Ragnow

Goedert  

Leonard

thats a nice draft. well done and you get to go home early too with only 5 picks.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I still have two more picks. I’ll be done after 4-8

right.  I forgot you had all that extra draft capital.  Hit on your next two and it could be one of those real quiet but great drafts that is the foundation of a great team with longevity.  Nice OL building.  So far, I like your draft the best.  Then again few teams have had 5 picks this early.  Just you and the Browns I think, who also have a good draft going.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

right.  I forgot you had all that extra draft capital.  Hit on your next two and it could be one of those real quiet but great drafts that is the foundation of a great team with longevity.  Nice OL building.  So far, I like your draft the best.  Then again few teams have had 5 picks this early.  Just you and the Browns I think.  

A lot of early picks for both team. There’s a few teams this draft with extra early picks. 

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

How did Luke end up there in the 3rd... 

You really think he goes much earlier than this?  I think Luke will still be on the board day 3.  (Or does this belong in the hot takes thread).   

1 minute ago, Lith said:

You really think he goes much earlier than this?  I think Luke will still be on the board day 3.  (Or does this belong in the hot takes thread).   

It’s almost surprising how little Luke Falk buzz there is on the draft sites, etc. You see Mike White and Lauletta mentioned a lot, but never Falk.

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

He’ll probably go in the 3rd or 4th. After the top guys and Mason it’s pretty much a toss up what order the next group of QBs go. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

He’ll probably go in the 3rd or 4th. After the top guys and Mason it’s pretty much a toss up what order the next group of QBs go. 

I get the pick -- given that you hadn't taken a QB earlier and Falk was the best guy left on the board, it was a good pick for Buffalo given the way our draft has played out.  Late 3 or 4 makes sense.  

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

I accept, I accept, I made my pick!

Sorry for the delay, I’m in Cali just waking up.  

Happy Easter everyone! 

You should have slept late.  You took the guy I was counting on getting in a few picks.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lith said:

You should have slept late.  You took the guy I was counting on getting in a few picks.

I’m. Sorry? Lol

Redskins need the help on OL more than the Packers. Both starting OTs ended the season injured, they lost their Center and LG... this kid could prolly play all 5 positions. I’m shocked he’s fallen this far! He’s a first/second rounder in some circles. 

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Greenseed4 fails to respond I will take Kyzir White Safety WV with #98. 

Sorry, there trade has been made.  There is no time restriction on it. 

Translation:  You 2 agreed on a trade.  I modified the spreadsheet for you two.  I'm not going to change it back.

edit:  It's moot now anyway.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I guess you're right. I half expect him to be off the board quickly, but on the other hand only so many will be picked early. I feel like it's a lock him or Lauletta get picked in the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

I’m. Sorry? Lol

Redskins need the help on OL more than the Packers. Both starting OTs ended the season injured, they lost their Center and LG... this kid could prolly play all 5 positions. I’m shocked he’s fallen this far! He’s a first/second rounder in some circles. 

I was thinking O'Neill is a bit of a project -- converted TE that may not be ready to start this season.  Packers have Baktiari and Bulaga at the T position right now.  Give O'Neill a year or two and he would be ready to step in.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I guess you're right. I half expect him to be off the board quickly, but on the other hand only so many will be picked early. I feel like it's a lock him or Lauletta get picked in the 2nd. 

Had he come out last year, probably.  I think he got exposed a bit this season -- his lack of pocket presence and "happy feet" in the face of a pass rush really disappointed me this year.  I was very high on him coming out of last season. 

Did he regress, or did I just not see it last year?  I will be wrong about the kid.  Only question is was I wrong last year or am I wrong this year.  One thing is certain, which should not surprise anyone, is that I will be wrong.

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Had he come out last year, probably.  I think he got exposed a bit this season -- his lack of pocket presence and "happy feet" in the face of a pass rush really disappointed me this year.  I was very high on him coming out of last season. 

Did he regress, or did I just not see it last year?  I will be wrong about the kid.  Only question is was I wrong last year or am I wrong this year.  One thing is certain, which should not surprise anyone, is that I will be wrong.

Mad Hatter caliber stuff there.

Bit of both. exposed on some weaknesses, injuries, and limited offensive system to work in. Some of the criticism was earned, but also thought he took heat sometimes for hanging onto the ball when there was no open. Some defenses just sat on those short routes that wazzu lives on, and there was nowhere to go with the ball. 

That 5 pick game was tough though. That took the wind out of my man-crush sails. 

• Sympathy 1