JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Shrewd trade up by @Greenseed4.  O'Neill was at the top of my list and I would have picked him with the very next pick.

He’s the guy I was hoping for with our tentative trade. Regardless, there are s couple others I have my eyes on and am willing to revisit the trade when you’re on the clock with that pick

55 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was thinking O'Neill is a bit of a project -- converted TE that may not be ready to start this season.  Packers have Baktiari and Bulaga at the T position right now.  Give O'Neill a year or two and he would be ready to step in.

Wait til I post a video of him jumping out of a pool. He’s ready. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am on the clock but am just waiting for word on a trade that was proposed earlier.  We had to wait until i was on the clock before the other gm would make the deal.

Thanks forletting us know.  Is he online here now?

23 OL gone out of 106 picks.  Seems like a lot of reaching for OL -- me included.  Wyatt Teller with the first pick of the 4th?  But with the Packers OL, I felt like I needed to go G there in order to add someone at that spot.  Wasn't willing to wait.

Just for comparison, last year's NFL draft only saw 10 OL taken by pick 106. 23rd OL did not come off the board until late 5th round.

43 minutes ago, Lith said:

23 OL gone out of 106 picks.  Seems like a lot of reaching for OL -- me included.  Wyatt Teller with the first pick of the 4th?  But with the Packers OL, I felt like I needed to go G there in order to add someone at that spot.  Wasn't willing to wait.

Just for comparison, last year's NFL draft only saw 10 OL taken by pick 106. 23rd OL did not come off the board until late 5th round.

Depends really. It's all about the prospect and where they went as opposed to where they were projected to go.

For example 3 guards in the 1st was definitely too much. Nelson rightfully went high, but Hernandez and Wynn should not have been picked that high. They're 2nd round prospects.

I didn't feel like I reached for either OL pick of mine. Braden Smith is the best guard after the Top 3 guys and is projected to go in the 2nd and 3rd. I decided to pick him in the 2nd instead of wait until the 3rd, mainly because guards were coming off the board quickly and the drop off after him was substantial. Had he gotten picked, I would have waited until the late rounds to draft a guard.

And with Harrison I felt late 3rd was perfect for him as he's projected to go in that frame (3rd or early 4th).

I guess it depends on how you value players on how you draft (talent or need) *shrug*

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I am on the clock but am just waiting for word on a trade that was proposed earlier.  We had to wait until i was on the clock before the other gm would make the deal.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

okay that filthy ape integrity28 has 10 minutes left to show up otherwise i will make my pick.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Okay I waited for a long time before making my pick.  DCat is on the clock he messaged me just before I picked saying he had to be off line for a bit.

My apologies for the delay.

lol, my apologies as well... was on the road driving

the guy I wanted to move up for was Tim Settle, ftr 

We are now in the middle of round 4 almost half way through the draft.  After the Rams pick (by 10am), we are switching to a 2-hour clock for picks.  

@PepPep @HawkeyeJet @bgivs21 @Beerfish @Matt39 @Paradis @IndianaJet @Patriot Killa @King P @RobR @j4jets @maury77 @Sarge4Tide @JiF @T0mShane @nycdan @RedBeardedSavage @Thai Jet @HessStation @BigO @#27TheDominator @Greenseed4 @Integrity28 @Stark @LAD_Brooklyn @32EBoozer @BrickTamland @jetsons @New York Mick @Lith @NYJetsVets91 @Dcat

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So that's how you guys roll around here huh?

Picking the IU guy right before the other IU guy gets to draft?

b248c1c5-ab4c-446b-9b71-9d4e6710b9c5_tex

yeah, I noticed that.  Coincidental our Hoosier friend, coincidental.  

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So that's how you guys roll around here huh?

Picking the IU guy right before the other IU guy gets to draft?

LOL I was thinking the same thing. He was at the top of my list for my next pick for the Pats.

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, my apologies as well... was on the road driving

the guy I wanted to move up for was Tim Settle, ftr 

Sorry bout that 28.  I wanted Mason Rudolph as Cindy Brady's replacement but JiF beat me to it by 2 picks.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just for future reference, have we heard from Stark recently? 

36 minutes ago, Dcat said:

he made his 3rd round pick is just under 3 hrs on Saturday, if that helps. 

I am around and waiting on my turn here... sorry I haven't been active in the chat, the holiday weekend messed up availability. I should be more active now

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

LOL I was thinking the same thing. He was at the top of my list for my next pick for the Pats.

He's a poor man's David Harris.  Run stopping thumper but will be a liability in coverage.  Good pick in the 4th tho.