JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

@BigO, Pick due in 40 minutes.  5PM. 

Now that we are in the 6th round, I am at the point in the draft where I am no longer willing to take the time to consider needs, scheme fit, etc when evaluating missed picks.  Any missed pick that I have to make will be highest ranked player on the Available Players tab.  Not speaking for the other mods, @Dcat and @NYJetsVets91 might take a different approach, but as of now, if I am making the next pick it is Safety DeShon Elliott out of Texas.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

Now that we are in the 6th round, I am at the point in the draft where I am no longer willing to take the time to consider needs, scheme fit, etc when evaluating missed picks.  Any missed pick that I have to make will be highest ranked player on the Available Players tab.  Not speaking for the other mods, @Dcat and @NYJetsVets91 might take a different approach, but as of now, if I am making the next pick it is Safety DeShon Elliott out of Texas.

That sounds fair to me. At this point there's no reason to debate the pick. We're close to finishing this out, it's the 6th round, if you miss your pick you just get the best available player.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wasn't sure if you were making fun of Moore or you brother in law. 

Doesn't Shane get extra points for picking somebody off the sheet?  I'm surprised that Moore isn't on your board.  PFF has him ranked as their 8th S and he seems like one of the few true cover first safeties.

No extra credit for players you find on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Fair enough. 

Totally appreciate you guys making the picks for me.  FWIW, Jones was a great pick for me/Ravens.  I whined about you guys picking Tegray Scales, but he is a fairly common pick for the Ravens.  I've seen him mocked to them by several people in several rounds.  I just cried because I am in favor of long armed dudes (if you know what I mean ;) ) I also would probably have gone for a 2 down thumper for them inside, but it seems the people that know the Ravens better like Scales for them.

TLDR:  Thank you, Jones and Scales were better Ravens pick than I'd have made.

• Post of the Week 1

Hoping Speaks can behave himself (He has off field issues and attitude and a DWI, I think), while moving into rotation on the DL, primarily at 5-Tech instead of Mo Wilk.  he's got talent but will need good, disciplined coaching  (uh oh) and a dose of maturity.

A look back. 

JN mock draft from 2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1noxFAav64fJ9QOM65DcBFI0AbPMr-xaJou8m5m_pqds/edit?usp=sharing

And for those who were not on JN at the time, the Hampur draft from 2015 - I am talking about you @Paradis, since you asked me to post the old drafts

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oh4xWX3AarH2HnWmtVWHGObayG5zxWaNUuohvvIhMl8/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If BigO is not going to participate, can i draft for the Rams the rest of the way?

Well, he just picked, my apologies 

Damn . I was thinking the same thing. He's really slowing everything up and he's got a ton of picks left in just this round.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Benkert looked like he could play when I saw him vs Miami. Waldman seems to like him out of the second tier guys. 

He was going to be my pick at the end of this round for the Pats. Cindy Brady's replacement down the road.

48 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Who’s taking ST stud and fan favorite

Troy “White Lightning” Apke?

I actually liked that guy, but I watched some video of the  Penn State Nebraska and that secondary looked so horrific I don't think I will be double dipping at S. 

If anybody wants has a some extra picks they want to move to trade up, I have #190 and #215 and I have a few guys left I like.  Otherwise, I will be submitting my UDFA list immediately at the conclusion of the draft. 

15 hours ago, Lith said:

A look back. 

JN mock draft from 2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1noxFAav64fJ9QOM65DcBFI0AbPMr-xaJou8m5m_pqds/edit?usp=sharing

And for those who were not on JN at the time, the Hampur draft from 2015 - I am talking about you @Paradis, since you asked me to post the old drafts

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oh4xWX3AarH2HnWmtVWHGObayG5zxWaNUuohvvIhMl8/edit?usp=sharing

I forgot that I almost nailed the Trevor Sieman pick to Denver...they had 3 7th round comp picks in a row.  I took Siemian with the third of the three, Denver took him with the first.  250 vs. 252

Is there a "pat yourself on the shoulder" emjoi?!?!?

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I actually liked that guy, but I watched some video of the  Penn State Nebraska and that secondary looked so horrific I don't think I will be double dipping at S. 

If anybody wants has a some extra picks they want to move to trade up, I have #190 and #215 and I have a few guys left I like.  Otherwise, I will be submitting my UDFA list immediately at the conclusion of the draft. 

I watch PSU if ND isn’t on. (ND, then PSU, FSU then whatever team has a player worth watching.)

Apke is probably going to be nothing more then a ST player but he should be a standout. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I forgot that I almost nailed the Trevor Sieman pick to Denver...they had 3 7th round comp picks in a row.  I took Siemian with the third of the three, Denver took him with the first.  250 vs. 252

@JiF?  Is that you? 

Just now, New York Mick said:

I watch PSU if ND isn’t on. (ND, then PSU, FSU then whatever team has a player worth watching.)

Apke is probably going to be nothing more then a ST player but he should be a standout. 

That's what I think about most of these plus athlete guys.  As long as they aren't attitude problems, even if they suck, they can play specials. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Ask @JiF about the emoji.

I was feeling great after our 2015 draft for Atlanta.  In each of the first 4 rounds, I got guys who went in the first round of the actual draft.  Problem is that none of the 4 lived up to their draft positions:

Shane Ray - 15 starts/13 sacks in 3 years

Breshad Perriman - The Stephen Hill of the Ravens.  43 receptions in 3 seasons.

Stephone Anthony.  19 starts in 3 season (16 as a rookie).  Already on to his second team.

Damarious Randall.  Also on to his second team already.

Yup.  I nailed 4 first rounders that year.  I "won" the draft using my scoring system.  And now they all suck.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I was feeling great after our 2015 draft for Atlanta.  In each of the first 4 rounds, I got guys who went in the first round of the actual draft.  Problem is that none of the 4 lived up to their draft positions:

Stephone Anthony.  19 starts in 3 season (a6 as a rookie.  Already on to his second team.

Yup.  I nailed 4 first rounders that year.  I "won" the draft using my scoring system.  And now they all suck.

I thought Stephane Anthony was going to be really good. It’s hard to predict the success of that position, IMO.

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Stephone Anthony.  19 starts in 3 season (a6 as a rookie.  Already on to his second team.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought Stephane Anthony was going to be really good. It’s hard to predict the success of that position, IMO.

OTOH, Stephone Anthony has a TD (fumble return) and 2 point conversion (block return) in the same game. That is more points in one game than Charone Peake, Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen have in their careers combined.  More than Darrin Smith too, but if you add him to Peake they have 4 points more. 

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Lith said:

A look back. 

JN mock draft from 2015

Kendricks, Coleman and  Markus Golden. Will take that. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Stephone Anthony.  19 starts in 3 season (16 as a rookie).  Already on to his second team.

My 2 drafts from the hampur are... Not bad. Jaelen Strong fcked me good (in fantasy too), but otherwise I didn't do terrible. Most of my mid-to-late picks are all still in the league and contributing. 

On 4/5/2018 at 11:54 AM, Lith said:

He would not be sober enough to run a 4.3.  Maybe if he was 40 yards away from a Liquor Store that was closing in less than 5 seconds.

Yow.  Literally LOL.  Wife's brother or sister's husband?  Gotta be sister's husband because if any of us criticize wife's family, we might be in hot water.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yow.  Literally LOL.  Wife's brother or sister's husband?  Gotta be sister's husband because if any of us criticize wife's family, we might be in hot water.

I like my wife's brother.  Get along very well with him.  My sister and her husband -- that is another story.  They live out in Washington State (still too close for comfort).  They used to be Seahawk season ticket holders.  I root against the Seahawks every chance I get just because I know a Seahawk loss brings them a bit of displeasure.  Schadenfreude.

A good family counselor could put his kids through college on my family alone.

• Sympathy 1

So, after moving at a pretty good pace for the last week or so, it seems like we have slowed to a crawl today.  If you see your pick is coming up and you are getting ready to leave the site for a while, please send a list of picks to me @Dcat  & @NYJetsVets91.  6th and 7th rounds should be pretty quick as trades are unlkely at this point and none of us really know what the f**k we are doing anyway.  I was hoping we could finish up this weekend.  I have already spent too much time on this thing at work and don't want it to extend into Monday. 

Lets try to finish up in the next 3 days.

Thanks

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, after moving at a pretty good pace for the last week or so, it seems like we have ground to a halt today.  If you see your pick is coming up and you are getting ready to leave the site for a while, please send a list of picks to me @Dcat  & @NYJetsVets91.  6th and 7th rounds should be pretty quick as trades are unlkely at this point and none of us really know what the f**k we are doing anyway.  I was hoping we could finish up this weekend.  I have already spent too much time on this thing at work and don't want it to extend into Monday. 

Lets try to finish up in the next 3 days.

Thanks

Sixth and seventh rounds should be 45 minutes between picks. I mean, if you’re not ready at this point it’s because you’ve given up

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Or perhaps that you have a job?

They’re sixth round picks. Things happen, obviously—meetings get called, clients pop in, tires go flat, kids get sick—but ffs send Lith three names otherwise. I’m not saying this for myself; I could give a sh*t. But when you’re modding this garbage for free, it’s a huge pain in the ass.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Or perhaps that you have a job?

I know stuff comes up, and our draft is not exactlly anyone's top priority in the day -- and I was not directing my comment at anyone individually.  But collectively, we were getting like 20 picks a day in for a few days and I think we are at 5 so far today. 

There are probably only 4 or 5 people who think to send picks in if they are going to be unavailable -- you are one of the few who has done that.  Like i said, I really want to get this thing wrapped up by Sunday if we can.