JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think this goes to one of the issue with mock drafts: Do you pick it the way you think it will happen?  The way the team thinks?  Or do you pick it the way you would do it if you were the GM?  I tend to go with the latter - which is what dcat is doing here.  It is why I usually take teams like the Seahawks that go for measurables, because I tend to like those players too.

I 100% believe if your mind even kinda sorta works like this guy's did there is no chance in hell that person comes close to a GM position. To not even walk away with more picks...Booooo

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Which does nothing to change the fact that it is. On top of it you apply a three year old's reasoning (I don wanna!) and, through disregard, pretty much sh*t on whoever chose to coordinate this year by reminding everyone that the fake message board mock draft is fake so pulling nonsense bullsh*t is OK.

you mad.  oh well.  I get it.  I'd do this again in a heartbeat.  Neither Allen nor Mayfield is worth the #3.  That's my opinion. I'm the mock GM for the Jets.  Deal with it or quit the mock.  You've expressed you rage.  Everyone has listened.  Now be done with it.  We've all heard your opinion. I don't agree and for you to continue harping on serves no purpose. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

The sheet shows 12:45.  Was that a mistake?

Edit - last pick was about 10:45 Et.  Still have an hour left.  Sorry.

Yes, it should be 1:45.  Thought that's what I typed.  Thanks for correcting.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think this goes to one of the issue with mock drafts: Do you pick it the way you think it will happen?  The way the team thinks?  Or do you pick it the way you would do it if you were the GM?  I tend to go with the latter - which is what dcat is doing here.  It is why I usually take teams like the Seahawks that go for measurables, because I tend to like those players too.

There used to be a scoring system:

Points awarded for the choosing the right position in the right round

Points awarded for choosing the right position in ANY round

And bonus pts for choosing the right player in the right round. 

This incentivized participants to not **** off their role, and actually gave everyone a somewhat accurate feel for how the draft would fall. This made GMs research their teams, get a pulse on team needs, and offer their due diligence to the forum. Picking players nilly willy is just lazy.  Just cause I happen to like a certain player, I wouldn’t draft him for a team that doesn’t need him (i.e., If @Dcat decided that he likes Derwin James better than Jamal Adams so he drafts him at #5...that would be ludicrous! And a waste of time for everyone else taking this seriously). 

If you don’t have the balls to defend your picks, to make difficult decisions, or hold tight to the trade value chart, step down and let someone else play GM cause you don’t have what it takes; let someone else draft for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you mad.

Once again, I do not understand why you chose to participate. Who gives a dang about you not liking the QBs, you deliberately took less value and then argued that this is all bullsh*t anyway so why not. It's just soooo...well I can't say what I think it is but it rhymes with bunty and starts with a c.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

There used to be a scoring system:

Points awarded for the choosing the right position in the right round

Points awarded for choosing the right position in ANY round

And bonus pts for choosing the right player in the right round. 

This incentivized participants to not **** off their role, and actually gave everyone a somewhat accurate feel for how the draft would fall. This made GMs research their teams, get a pulse on team needs, and offer their due diligence to the forum. Picking players nilly willy is just lazy.  Just cause I happen to like a certain player, I wouldn’t draft him for a team that doesn’t need him (i.e., If @Dcat decided that he likes Derwin James better than Jamal Adams so he drafts him at #5...that would be ludicrous! And a waste of time for everyone else taking this seriously). 

If you don’t have the balls to defend your picks, to make difficult decisions, or hold tight to the trade value chart, step down and let someone else play GM cause you don’t have what it takes; let someone else draft for the Jets. 

where did I draft  a PLAYER THAT ISN'T NEEDED?  

Last time:  Neither Allen nor Mayfield is a good value at 3. That's what I strongly believe.  I might pick one later. I might not.  On my board, Darnold and Rosen were way higher.  And what you say above... I do have the vballs to defend my judgment.  Selecting Allen or Mayfield at 3 would have been the pussiest of moves for a GM that doensn't value them there.  I get it. You want me to do what Mac would do.  Not happening.  Just because Mac may have a hard-on for Allen, I'm supposed to agree.  Puhlease.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Once again, I do not understand why you chose to participate. Who gives a dang about you not liking the QBs, you deliberately took less value and then argued that this is all bullsh*t anyway so why not. It's just soooo...well I can't say what I think it is but it rhymes with bunty and starts with a c.

Personal attacks?  wow.  

14 minutes ago, King P said:

Jets fans extremely mad over a mock draft?

Jeez, talk about a tough crowd lol

It's more the deliberate ****ery, copping out, and then casualloling because its more important that we all feel empowered and confident than not be full of sh*t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Personal attacks?  wow.  

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

:lol:  Gato mad?  

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Life is full of ironies.  :lol:

I mean, if you want to play dumb games like that, then these are personal attacks too. Either way, I do not understand why you chose to participate if your whole thing was to pretty much sh*t on anyone participating or organizing this by reminding everyone it's fake so do whatever. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I mean, if you want to play dumb games like that, then these are personal attacks too. Either way, I do not understand why you chose to participate if your whole thing was to pretty much sh*t on anyone participating or organizing this by reminding everyone it's fake so do whatever. 

How many times are you going to repeat yourself? 

You and I disagree.  Neither Allen nor Mayfield are worth the #3 pick for me.  Live with it.  

There's gotta be some review with veto power over trades right?  I mean, I LOVE Mayfield, I think he is the next coming.  He's still on the board with a boatload of teams who need QBs right now.

Can I trade ALL of the Chargers draft picks to move up and grab him?

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How many times are you going to repeat yourself? 

You and I disagree.  Neither Allen nor Mayfield are worth the #3 pick for me.  Live with it.  

For probably the 5th time:

No one gives a **** about how you feel about the QBs. What matters is that you deliberately took less value and then chose to sh*t on this whole mock draft thing as a reason why. There is no reason you should have been participating based on what you've said, mostly that this is nonsense therefore you can do whatever nonsense things you want.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Because it wasn't going to happen for just the #2.  

The prior GM (Maccagnan) gambled that Rosen was going to be there at 3.  That may happen in the actual draft, and maybe Mac already knows that the Giants are going Barkley.  I don't know and the Giants, sadly, took Rosen at 2 in the mock.  Allen and Mayfield are UNACCEPTABLE at 3 in my book.  I can get one of them at 5 if I want.  So the trade made sense notwithstanding stupid draft value chart.  I'd do it again if I had to.  I'm not Mac. And I do NOT love Allen. 

Youse got robbed. You could have/should have gotten a lot more. Why give up the 3rd rounder at all ?

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

no worries. Neg rep all you want.

Ironic in the sense that I got neg-repped being the first one to defend your trade albeit with a question about the value.  It seemed arbitrary and spiteful because he didn't agree.  His right to do so. My right to call it out. 

Enough said on that.  This thread is going down a toxic whirlpool on its own and doesn't need any more distractions to help it on its way.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This sh*t just isn’t even fun anymore tbh..it’s kind of annoying that you two are going back and fourth over this little thing. 

Let it go and be grown ups here. 

Grown ups wouldn't sign up for a group thing they consider bullsh*t, selfishly treat it like bullsh*t even though through the many years its done people take it seriously, then start crying about how it's bullsh*t and they have the powerz yada yada....It stopped being fun the moment one of the GMs decided to throw the draft based on considering it all bullsh*t anyway. So wack, glad I didn't do it this year. 

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Youse got robbed. You could have/should have gotten a lot more. Why give up the 3rd at all ?

To make a point that he thinks the trade up to 3 to begin with was a bad move?  That's kinda my whole read on the thing.  But I'm not in his head.

48 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't think it's b-sht.  I'm doing what I think is best.  Neither Mayfield nor Allen is worth the #3.  End of story.  I would have taken Rosen or Darnold in a heartbeat.  If that has "sucked the air" out of the mock for you, well then that's your choice. Carry on.

He's not upset that you traded down. What's got him upset, and rightly so, is that you got crap for trading down. At the least you shouldn't have thrown in your 3rd rounder too. You got raped.

5 minutes ago, BigO said:

This is all TomShane’s fault for taking Rosen at 2. Dcat obvoiusly flustered by this radical move. ?

4DB64F4E-0F13-46EF-BFE6-2DFD634994DB.gif

not flusterd.  Told everyone a day ago that I was not interested in using #3 for Allen or Mayfield.  

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

He's not upset that you traded down. What's got him upset, and rightly so, is that you got crap for trading down. At the least you shouldn't have thrown in your 3rd rounder too. You got raped.

I'm fine with it.  Yes its 230 points below draft chart value.  So what?  I'm might end up with the same guy I would have had at 3 but with the ability to convert the Jets 3rd rounder for Denver's 2nd round.  Or maybe I move back further.  Someone is already interested in moving to 5 depending on the next pick.

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Grown ups wouldn't sign up for a group thing they consider bullsh*t, selfishly treat it like bullsh*t even though through the many years its done people take it seriously, then start crying about how it's bullsh*t and they have the powerz yada yada....It stopped being fun the moment one of the GMs decided to throw the draft based on considering it all bullsh*t anyway. So wack, glad I didn't do it this year. 

I guess bro but damn..you just didn’t even have to keep it going like this..not just you but Dcat too..like damn...the further you two go the worse this is making it..