JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

That was a real bummer I sat through this whole thing, only an hour went by what happend?? I actually like picking the later round picks more than the early but whatevs. 

You guys did a great job modding and I don't mind that pick 

changed to Senat.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

I am drafting for Buffalo on a different mock without trades.  I knew the roster was bad, but had no clue HOW BAD.  THe oft injured Kelvin Benjamin is the only WR that's slightly reliable.  He has never lived up to his hype.  After him it's the bat-sh*t crazy Zay Jones (has he been institutionalized yet?), Andre Holmes and Streater.  That is just unfathomable.  Who is AJ McCarron going to throw to?  Their roster is terrible almost everywhere on both sides of the ball except for safety (Bowles would be content).  Glaringly deficient at QB, T, WR, LB, even CB cause I don't trust Vonte Davis much.  The Bills might have the worst roster in the NFL.  At least it feels that way drafting for them. 

You did a great job.  

In the other mock where I am Bills GM, there are no trades.  All 4 QBs went off the board before #12, with Miami sniping Allen at #11.  (That tells me that the Blls better trade up again in the real draft or they probably won't land Allen or Mayfield.)  I wouldn't pick Lamar Jackson at 12, especially for a team that just kicked Tyrod Taylor to the curb in search of a different style QB. So I gave them Roq there because the Bills might just have the worst LB corps in the NFL right now.  At 22, I would have reluctantly picked Jackson had he been there, but he was gone at 17.  No way do I take Rudolph in rd 1.  I gave them the best WR in this draft, IMO, Courtland Sutton there.  Hope to get a QB with one of the rd 2 picks later.  Very happy with Roq and Sutton in rd 1.  Looking at this team, it will take them way more than one year to rebuild.  Their roster is simply pathetic.

Out here they are screaming for the Bills to add another CB, a couple of WR's. and some LB help. OL could use some depth also.

Sounds like you did a great job in the 1st round getting Roq and Sutton. Keep up the good work filling those holes.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Thank Dcat and Lith. I know running these can be a pain in the ass. 

My plan A was to get Darnold or Rosen without giving up too much or Mayflower with out giving up hardly anything. Plan B was to give McC the best chance of succeeding by fixing the Oline and getting him weapons then drafting a later round QB prospect as well as a solid tackler.

Nelson is probably the best lineman in the draft and Ragnow is best C in the draft especially open running lanes. As far weapons I went with one of the best receiving TE in Dallas and receiving RB/HB in Samuels and gave him a legitimate slot threat in Kirk. Leonard should help out with coverage as well as being the leading tackler and Falk will have years to develop into a NFL QB without the pressure of being in the headlines.

I was just surprised you added TE's. They start Charles Clay who's caught 100+ passes the last 2 years plus they have 6 TE's on the roster behind him. They are screaming for WR's having lost 4 , including Jordon Matthews and Deonte Thompson in FA. Great job of being done early with no picks in the last 3 rounds.

Dallas Cowboys completed draft:

19 1 19 875 Dallas Cowboys RobR WILL HERNANDEZ Texas-El Paso G  
50 2 18 400 Dallas Cowboys RobR HAYDEN HURST South Carolina TE  
81 3 17 185 Dallas Cowboys RobR HOLTON HILL Texas CB  
116 4 16 62 Dallas Cowboys RobR CEDRICK WILSON Boise St. WR  
137 4 37 37 Dallas Cowboys RobR NATHAN SHEPHERD Fort Hays St. DT Compensatory
165 5 28 25 Dallas Cowboys RobR DARIUS PHILLIPS Western Michigan CB  
193 6 19 13.8 Dallas Cowboys RobR CHARVARIUS WARD Middle Tennessee St. CB  
236 7 18 1 Dallas Cowboys RobR DAYLON MACK Texas A&M DT  

@RobR

Denver Broncos completed draft:

3 1 3 2200 Denver Broncos Beerfish SAQUON BARKLEY Penn State RB From Colts
44 2 12 460 Denver Broncos Beerfish D.J. MOORE Maryland WR  
92 3 28 132 Denver Broncos Beerfish KYLE LAULETTA Richmond QB  
99 3 35 104 Denver Broncos Beerfish DA'SHAWN HAND Alabama DE Compensatory
106 4 6 82 Denver Broncos Beerfish MASON COLE Michigan C  
231 7 13 1 Denver Broncos Beerfish PARRY NICKERSON Tulane CB  

@Beerfish

I think this is another excellent draft.  You traded up from what seemed like hordes of 4th, 5th, 6th and 7ths and got real quality in those first 5 picks.   DJ is one of my favorites of this draft.  

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Beerfish

I think this is another excellent draft.  You traded up from what seemed like hordes of 4th, 5th, 6th and 7ths and got real quality in those first 5 picks.   DJ is one of my favorites of this draft.  

I think Lauletta in the 3rd might be the steal of the draft.

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Beerfish

I like this draft for Denver too. 

Green Bay Packers completed draft:

14 1 14 1100 Green Bay Packers Lith DERWIN JAMES Florida State S  
58 2 26 320 Green Bay Packers Lith ARDEN KEY LSU EDGE  
76 3 12 210 Green Bay Packers Lith MICHAEL GALLUP Colorado State WR  
90 3 26 140 Green Bay Packers Lith QUENTON MEEKS Stanford DB  
101 4 1 96 Green Bay Packers Lith WYATT TELLER Virginia Tech G From Browns
133 4 33 39 Green Bay Packers Lith ALEX CAPPA Humboldt St. OT Compensatory
138 5 1 36.5 Green Bay Packers Lith NICK NELSON Wisconsin CB From Browns
172 5 35 22.2 Green Bay Packers Lith TYLER CONKLIN Central Michigan TE Compensatory
174 5 37 21.4 Green Bay Packers Lith KEVIN TOLIVER II LSU CB Compensatory
175 6 1 21 Green Bay Packers Lith JUSTIN WATSON Pennsylvania WR  
232 7 14 1 Green Bay Packers Lith KENTAVIUS STREET N.C. State DE  

@Lith

NT Jets completed draft:

5 1 5 1700 New York Jets Jets Dcat BAKER MAYFIELD Oklahoma QB  
40 2 8 500 New York Jets Jets Dcat SONY MICHEL Georgia RB  
107 4 7 80 New York Jets Jets Dcat JEFF HOLLAND Auburn EDGE  
157 5 20 28.2 New York Jets Jets Dcat WILL CLAPP LSU C From Cowboys
179 6 5 19.4 New York Jets Jets Dcat BREELAND SPEAKS Mississippi DT  
235 7 17 1 New York Jets Jets Dcat CHRISTIAN CAMPBELL Penn State CB From Seahawks
  • Sympathy 1

Baltimore Ravens completed Draft:

16 1 16 1000 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator HAROLD LANDRY Boston College EDGE  
52 2 20 380 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator RONNIE HARRISON Alabama S  
83 3 19 175 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator JAMARCO JONES Ohio St. OT  
118 4 18 58 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator TEGRAY SCALES Indiana ILB  
154 5 17 29.4 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator SCOTT QUESSENBERRY UCLA C  
190 6 16 15 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator DYLAN CANTRELL Texas Tech WR  
215 6 41 5 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator MARQUEZ VALDES-SCANTLING South Florida WR Compensatory
238 7 20 1 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator TANNER LEE Nebraska QB  

@#27TheDominator

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Beerfish

I accomplished most of what I wanted.  Though  have been blasting Barkley on  the main boards I think the small trade up for him was a good one for Denver.  I would have taken Rosen or Darnold if they were there at 3.  CJ Anderson is pretty unreliable and a good bell cow back will really help that team.

I traded up in the 2nd and got a pretty good Wr in my mind.  D Thomas is still pretty good but did not crack 1,000 Sanders underwhelmed last year and the rest of their wr are jags.

I was pretty happy to get Lauletta in the late 3rd but I did think about Rudolph as well who went one pick later.

I wanted a dlineman in this draft as I think their ends are not that great.

I wanted to trade down in the 4th and had a tentative deal to move down and get a 5th and 6th rounder back but it fell through.  I was still happy to get Cole who can probably play C or OG and though he is no pro bowl level talent I think he can be a reliable starter in this league.

It was a long long wait to get to the 7th rounder but this guy was the top of my list of players I handed in.  He is not big but ran a 4.32 and could make it as a slot corner.

• Upvote 1

Miami Dullphins completed draft:

11 1 11 1250 Miami Dolphins j4jets TREMAINE EDMUNDS Virginia Tech LB  
51 2 19 390 Miami Dolphins j4jets MARK ANDREWS Oklahoma TE  
73 3 9 225 Miami Dolphins j4jets EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN Notre Dame WR  
82 3 18 180 Miami Dolphins j4jets MIKE WHITE Western Kentucky QB  
209 6 35 7.4 Miami Dolphins j4jets DAURICE FOUNTAIN Northern Iowa WR Compensatory - From Rams through Chiefs
227 7 9 1 Miami Dolphins j4jets ROC THOMAS Jacksonville St. RB From 49ers
229 7 11 1 Miami Dolphins j4jets SIRAN NEAL Jacksonville St. S  
237 7 19 1 Miami Dolphins j4jets TAYLOR HEARN Clemson G  

@j4jets

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Green Bay Packers completed draft:

14 1 14 1100 Green Bay Packers Lith DERWIN JAMES Florida State S  
58 2 26 320 Green Bay Packers Lith ARDEN KEY LSU EDGE  
76 3 12 210 Green Bay Packers Lith MICHAEL GALLUP Colorado State WR  
90 3 26 140 Green Bay Packers Lith QUENTON MEEKS Stanford DB  
101 4 1 96 Green Bay Packers Lith WYATT TELLER Virginia Tech G From Browns
133 4 33 39 Green Bay Packers Lith ALEX CAPPA Humboldt St. OT Compensatory
138 5 1 36.5 Green Bay Packers Lith NICK NELSON Wisconsin CB From Browns
172 5 35 22.2 Green Bay Packers Lith TYLER CONKLIN Central Michigan TE Compensatory
174 5 37 21.4 Green Bay Packers Lith KEVIN TOLIVER II LSU CB Compensatory
175 6 1 21 Green Bay Packers Lith JUSTIN WATSON Pennsylvania WR  
232 7 14 1 Green Bay Packers Lith KENTAVIUS STREET N.C. State DE  

@Lith

Getting james at 14 is a bit of a steal if you ask me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

I was just surprised you added TE's. They start Charles Clay who's caught 100+ passes the last 2 years plus they have 6 TE's on the roster behind him. They are screaming for WR's having lost 4 , including Jordon Matthews and Deonte Thompson in FA. Great job of being done early with no picks in the last 3 rounds.

Dallas might be the best receiving TE in the draft and could be a beast in the new NFL, Samuels plays RB/HB/WR and is the best receiving back in the draft as well as a change of pace guy add Kirk to the slot along with McCoy and a healthy Benny and they should be ok. 

As far as Clay he’s a jag and his contract is crap so they need to move on from him. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Dallas might be the best receiving TE in the draft and could be a beast in the new NFL, Samuels plays RB/HB/WR and is the best receiving back in the draft as well as a change of pace guy add Kirk to the slot along with McCoy and a healthy Benny and they should be ok. 

As far as Clay he’s a jag and his contract is crap so they need to move on from him. 

They need PURE wide outs especially with Jay being possibly headed to a nut house. They are looking for big things from Clay  this year with the new OC. Personally I never cared for him. Overpaid slug if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Getting james at 14 is a bit of a steal if you ask me. 

Thanks, but it kind of screwed up the first half of the draft for me. 

I really wanted a #1 corner -- had my eye on Denzel Ward and Joshua Jackson.  Ward was gone, but Jackson was still on the board when I was picking, but I took James -- bpa and all.  I guess me and Macc are like two peas in a pod. 

Tried to trade back up late 1/early 2 to get Jaire Alexander or Isaiah Oliver - had a deal in place if Oliver was still on the board, but he went a pick or two before the slot I was trading to.  Thought about Holton Hill in the 3rd, but I already had a character risk in Key in the 2nd, didn't want two in a row.  Came away with 3CBs in middle rounds: Meeks, Nelson (tore meniscus a couple of days later), and Toliver (character risk, but I could justify it in the 5th).

Overall, I am happy with my draft.  Probably should have taken Wadley in the 6th, but I made the vanity pick of Justin Watson instead.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Baltimore Ravens completed Draft:

16 1 16 1000 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator HAROLD LANDRY Boston College EDGE  
52 2 20 380 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator RONNIE HARRISON Alabama S  
83 3 19 175 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator JAMARCO JONES Ohio St. OT  
118 4 18 58 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator TEGRAY SCALES Indiana ILB  
154 5 17 29.4 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator SCOTT QUESSENBERRY UCLA C  
190 6 16 15 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator DYLAN CANTRELL Texas Tech WR  
215 6 41 5 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator MARQUEZ VALDES-SCANTLING South Florida WR Compensatory
238 7 20 1 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator TANNER LEE Nebraska QB  

@#27TheDominator

This is an extremely Ravens-like draft. Really well done imo.  

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Dallas Cowboys completed draft:

19 1 19 875 Dallas Cowboys RobR WILL HERNANDEZ Texas-El Paso G  
50 2 18 400 Dallas Cowboys RobR HAYDEN HURST South Carolina TE  
81 3 17 185 Dallas Cowboys RobR HOLTON HILL Texas CB  
116 4 16 62 Dallas Cowboys RobR CEDRICK WILSON Boise St. WR  
137 4 37 37 Dallas Cowboys RobR NATHAN SHEPHERD Fort Hays St. DT Compensatory
165 5 28 25 Dallas Cowboys RobR DARIUS PHILLIPS Western Michigan CB  
193 6 19 13.8 Dallas Cowboys RobR CHARVARIUS WARD Middle Tennessee St. CB  
236 7 18 1 Dallas Cowboys RobR DAYLON MACK Texas A&M DT  

@RobR

I think I did a decent job filling all the holes on their roster although I don't like the first round pick which I didn't make. I probably would have went Sutton or Kirk in the first and that would have changed my fourth round pick.

I was always looking for a later QB and the ones I targeted were always selected a few picks before I got my pick in. Loved getting Hill in the third which I believe will be a steal.

40 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think I did a decent job filling all the holes on their roster although I don't like the first round pick which I didn't make. I probably would have went Sutton or Kirk in the first and that would have changed my third round pick.

I was always looking for a later QB and the ones I targeted were always selected a few picks before I got my pick in. Loved getting Hill in the third which I believe will be a steal.

It might have been a few picks before where he was projected, but gebeezus....  I can't imagine what its like lining up opposite this9B587A83-0388-49BA-BAB0-77423E57747F.jpe

This is nasty.  I think whatever team gets him will be very, very happy.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It might have been a few picks before where he was projected, but gebeezus....  I can't imagine what its like lining up opposite this

This is nasty.  Whatever team that gets him will be very very happy.

And, he can do double duty as a placekicker if needed.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It might have been a few picks before where he was projected, but gebeezus....  I can't imagine what its like lining up opposite this9B587A83-0388-49BA-BAB0-77423E57747F.jpe

This is nasty.  I think whatever team gets him will be very, very happy.

He's a good prospect, no doubt. I just think he's being overrated by the draft community. Dak needs more weapons, not another guard. 

Just now, RobR said:

He's a good prospect, no doubt. I just think he's being overrated by the draft community. Dak needs more weapons, not another guard. 

I wasnt thinking about Cowboys needs really.  It will be intersting to see if he goes in rd 1 or 2.  I think 1. 

I'd guess round 2 but either way somewhere between 25 and 40. I like him, I just wouldn't have drafted him for the Cowboys if I was making the selection. No worries because I was late to the game.

Right now I would have went Sutton but Kirk is really growing on me. Despite his height I think he's a guaranteed stud at the next level.

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Siran was one of the guys I listed for the mods. I’m throwing darts now though

he's gangster. I was going to take him if he was on the board. He and Jeremy Reaves are to two small school stud safeties IMO. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

And, he can do double duty as a placekicker if needed.

On my Italian team, I may have been the only guy that couldn't regularly kick a 35 yard FG.  They used to line them up and knock them down in practice.  Everybody, safeties, CBs, 315 lb offensive tackles, the special teams coach...