Jump to content

JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bis shout out to you guys for running this draft. I know it's a pain in the ass, so props for making it run so smooth. 

@SenorGato you made your opinion known. But you aren't in this mock draft. I don't see your name listed next to a team. So you should just get out of this thread, I just read through the entire discus

Making a draft maneuver so awful that it legitimately drives a person insane is the stuff of Idzik’s and Tannenbaum’s dreams. Well played, @Dcat

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

And the reality is....there is no such thing as restricting who another team drafts.  

Conditional trades do happen.  Nobody ever publishes the conditions, but they do happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

love the way you ignore that I got a high 2nd round for the 3rd I gave up.  

Lol love how you keep thinking this is a thing when you gave up the third pick in the draft to do this. To make it more hilarious you then took the same player you adamantly passed on. 

Throw in that you got a gift in the Broncos trading up for a RB

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

And the reality is....there is no such thing as restricting who another team drafts.  

Sure there is.  Hey, I as Denver GM could have turned around and screwed the jets over easily.  I could have picked a QB, I could have traded the pick.   How much is my name as a GM worth from here on out?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SenorGato said:

Lol love how you keep thinking this is a thing when you gave up the third pick in the draft to do this. To make it more hilarious you then took the same player you adamantly passed on. 

So, in your view a high 2nd isn't worth more than a high 3rd?  Jets moved from pick #72 to pick #40 (ind from 3 to 5) and made sure they got the same player at 5 that tehy would have picked at 3.  That's a good thing Mr. Gato, a good thing.  I wish I could have got more and would do it again in a heartbeat despite your relentless condemnation.

So... can we stop posting about it now?  Can you agree to disagree?  I'll even let you have the last word if you need it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If they're not published...how do you know they happen?

He just KNOWS man. Plus if he repeats over and over that the third round pick got a high second it becomes true, just ignore that 3 got traded for 5 straight up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

He just KNOWS man. Plus if he repeats over and over that the third round pick got a high second it becomes true.

It didn't?  Before the trade, the Jets had no 2nd rounder (Mac sent them to Colts a couple of weeks ago).  Now we have pick 40 instead of pick 72.  Fact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Are you going to keep ignoring the actual trade for what you think you did? 

actual trade was:

Jets send picks 3 and 72 to Denver

Denver sends picks 5 and 40 to Jets.  Why are you saying that I didn't get a 2nd for the 3rd?  I did.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Bears HAVE to take Quenton Nelson, right?

Cannot see Hawkeye going in any other direction right here.  Nelson falls to 8, the Bears will be sprinting to the podium.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Conditional trades do happen.  Nobody ever publishes the conditions, but they do happen.

 

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

reading about the NFL including the drafts my whole life.  They happen.

So, the reports of conditional trades are never published....but you've been reading about them all your life?

How do you read something that's not published?  do they send the information directly to your email address?  Maybe they PM you here at JN?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cannot see Hawkeye going in any other direction right here.  Nelson falls to 8, the Bears will be sprinting to the podium.

Hawkeye is gonna take Josey Jewell and everyone is gonna forget all about DCat’s treachery right quick 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

boring pick. Oh well. Couldnt allow myself to take a guard and the Bucs bringing in JPP and Curry kinda screwed up my darkhorse.

I dislike the player but it’s a very buccaneers pick

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dcat said:

actual trade was:

Jets send picks 3 and 72 to Denver

Denver sends picks 5 and 40 to Jets.  Why are you saying that I didn't get a 2nd for the 3rd?  I did.

 

All I know is we got Mayfield & moved up in the draft order... I'm Good. :) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t the Bears have two really good guards? 

I think Nelson would be a great pick for them.  Cody Whitehair and Kyle Long were their starting Gs in 2017.  If they take Nelson, they can kick Whitehair to C (pretty sure he was a Center in college) and upgrade the interior OL.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think Nelson would be a great pick for them.  Cody Whitehair and Kyle Long were their starting Gs in 2017.  If they take Nelson, they can kick Whitehair to C (pretty sure he was a Center in college) and upgrade the interior OL.

They need a OT more then an OG and WR, DB and Edge as well. A lot of options 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...