JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Trade. 

12,22 for 8,39

That is a pretty solid trade for both teams.  Gets BUF  ahead of MIA and ARI.  Bears will get a good player at 12.  I was thinking they go Ward or one of the LBs here, but plenty of good options will still be available in 4 picks.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That is a pretty solid trade for both teams.  Gets BUF  ahead of MIA and ARI.  Bears will get a good player at 12.  I was thinking they go Ward or one of the LBs here, but plenty of good options will still be available in 4 picks.

Maybe Buffalo is moving up for Allen? 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

actual trade was:

Jets send picks 3 and 72 to Denver

Denver sends picks 5 and 40 to Jets.  Why are you saying that I didn't get a 2nd for the 3rd?  I did.

Yes you got a 2nd for a 3rd but you got taken. NEVER needed to give up that 3rd.

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I hate Allen and Jackson so I tried to trade up for Rosen but Tom is a dick then I tried to trade up for Mayflower even though I’m not a huge fan but that went through so I’m going a different route and picked the best OL in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Conditional trades do happen.  Nobody ever publishes the conditions, but they do happen.

This wasn't a conditional trade.  It was a gentleman's agreement.  A conditional trade would be something like "I will give you #5 and my 2nd for #3 and your 3rd if Barkley is there."  The trade is conditioned upon the player being there.  In this case you gave him the pick.  He could do what he wants with it and you could not have stopped him because you can't stop the trade whether the condition is met or not.

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Is there a running list of picks somewhere?  If not, can one of you guys paste it up at the top of the picks thread?

Thanks.

There is a link to the spreadsheet in dcat's signature.  It's in every one of his posts.  These guys really keep up with it and make it pretty easy.

• Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes you got a 2nd for a 3rd but you got taken. NEVER needed to give up that 3rd.

Wrong.  Just ask my trade partner if I did. Look... I knew I was going to get Mayfield or Allen at 5.  I gave up more in consideration for his promise not to pick a QB and not to re-trade the pick.  That has value (I wouldn't have made the trade without that).  And that value warrants compensation.  Just like any good business man would do.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s definitely faster without trades. 

My only issue is the paranoia of missing when it's my time but the trades make it go a lot slower so it's harder to gauge timing. 

I realize the whole, give them your pick, thing but that's kind of the fun of it, summiting your own pick. 

But you don't want to be the guy that holds things up.

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

My only issue is the paranoia of missing when it's my time but the trades make it go a lot slower so it's harder to gauge timing. 

I realize the whole, give them your pick, thing but that's kind of the fun of it, summiting your own pick. 

But you don't want to be the guy that holds things up.

You’ll get an email 

First round tends to go slowly -- because that is when most people look to make trades.  Expect each round to take on average two days.  This mock draft will play out over about 2 1/2 weeks.  It is not something that goes quickly.

If the pace is too slow and you don't want to stick with it, let us know.  We can either find others to join in, or double up on teams for those who don't mind the pace.  On that note, we did lose one GM.  Lray will not be able to participate so we have an opening for the Lions.  Anyone who wants to join in, let us know.

• Sympathy 1

Just to add to Lith’s post, if you’ve ever moderated one of these mocks, it’s a lot of work and there’s a ton of sh*t to sort through and your complaints make things worse. People are going to be slow. People are going to miss picks. Trading will gum up the works at times. Getting negative about it hurts the vibe and causes people to tune out and actually slows the process down. If you want to help it go quicker, make sure you’re ready with your pick when the time comes, and this will pressure the people behind you to pay more attention and make their picks faster. Just be cool, like a bunch of little Fonzies.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I realize that most Raider mocks have one of the two LBs in Edmunds or Smith, almost went Davenport too, but this pick felt right for Gruden's first in a new era.

They definitely need interior pressure to make sure Mack can do what he does. I like that pick. Part of me feels like Gruden would pick Josh Allen there, just to be a dick.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Just to add to Lith’s post, if you’ve ever moderated one of these mocks, it’s a lot of work and there’s a ton of sh*t to sort through and your complaints make things worse. People are going to be slow. People are going to miss picks. Trading will gum up the works at times. Getting negative about it hurts the vibe and causes people to tune out and actually slows the process down. If you want to help it go quicker, make sure you’re ready with your pick when the time comes, and this will pressure the people behind you to pay more attention and make their picks faster. Just be cool, like a bunch of little Fonzies.

I'll bum out as many people as I damn well choose.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1