JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Is there a running list of picks somewhere?  If not, can one of you guys paste it up at the top of the picks thread?

Thanks.

Also, the second post in the Selections Thread will be periodically updated giving you draft results round-by-round.

It's a cut and paste from the spread sheet.  

I just updated it now.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Love what you did in this round @HawkeyeJet.  Traading back, picking up the extra pick and still getting Roquan.  Great way to start the draft.

I was going to trade back with Mick almost specifically to target Roquan. I think he’s going to be a nuclear megastar in the league for a long time. Just so gifted and instinctive.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I was going to trade back with Mick almost specifically to target Roquan. I think he’s going to be a nuclear megastar in the league for a long time. Just so gifted and instinctive.

I would have been tempted to take him at 14 for GB, even though ILB is not really a need.  I agree that he is likely to be a star.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jet Nation hates them some Josh Allen

Seems like fans in general hate him, but based on reports, pro scouts really like him.  Some fanbase is going to be really pissed off on Draft Day--wonder which one it will be?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Is the wait bc everyone's trying to make a trade?

yes.

It happens a lot in rounds 1 & 2 and then diminishes as we get to the middle rounds and virtually disappears by middle of round 5.  Y'all gots to be patient. 

This draft takes between 2-3 weeks.  It says so on the opening page.  It will be very frustrating for people who expect otherwise.  Just like it's frustrating to people who think we are supposed to do what the team's NFL GM would do.  That's not the idea here.

55 minutes ago, Lith said:

Love what you did in this round @HawkeyeJet.  Traading back, picking up the extra pick and still getting Roquan.  Great way to start the draft.

I wanted him at 8 but had a hunch I could still get him when I got the offer.  Happy it turned out.

My Dad, a Bears Fan, is on the Roquan train.  Has him pegged as the next great Bears LB.

I agree with @TomShane, he just seems like he's destined to be the man.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Seems like fans in general hate him, but based on reports, pro scouts really like him.  Some fanbase is going to be really pissed off on Draft Day--wonder which one it will be?

we all know the answer to that one.  Hoping the Giants just pick Barkley and leave Rosen (or Darnold) to us.  Otherwise, Mac's move up to 3 will be remembered as a  a nice try, but a disappointment.

12 hours ago, SenorGato said:

For probably the 5th time:

No one gives a **** about how you feel about the QBs. What matters is that you deliberately took less value and then chose to sh*t on this whole mock draft thing as a reason why. There is no reason you should have been participating based on what you've said, mostly that this is nonsense therefore you can do whatever nonsense things you want.

Dcat was making it realistic, Mac is going to piss everyone off with the 3rd pick.  he can't help but **** it up.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

we all know the answer to that one.  Hoping the Giants just pick Barkley and leave Rosen (or Darnold) to us.  Otherwise, Mac's move up to 3 will be remembered as a  a nice try, but a disappointment.

9 hours ago, jetsons said:

I Hope it's Not us.  :/

I have convinced myself it is going to be us.  Darnold 1 to the Browns.  Rosen 2 to the Giants.  Macc will take Allen ahead of Mayfield.  I will hate it for that night, probably rant and rave about the pick right here on this site.  But I keep telling myself that I get one night to bitch about the pick then get behind our guy, whoever it may be and hope for the best.

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Dcat was making it realistic, Mac is going to piss everyone off with the 3rd pick.  he can't help but **** it up.

I don't exactly have high expectations for McGM but no one who is actually a GM would be so dumb as to just give away a third round pick. More hilarious - gives away the pick and deludes himself into thinking he actually upgraded the pick.

Chargers take Allen - sit him behind Rivers for a year or two.

1) Couldn't pass up the value.   Grabbing a guy who is likely to go in the top 5, possibly 1 overall, is a no brainier.

2) Not an immediate need for the Bolts, but they potentially address the biggest need that is going to be facing them in the next few years.

3) Wanted to trade up around the 9, 10, 11, 12 slots to address the Chargers defense with Vita and Roquan in mind, unfortunately I got really busy in the office late yesterday afternoon/early in the evening and didn't have a chance to send out messages when the picks started flying off the board late in the afternoon, early in the evening.  I really wanted to put Vita on that line...could have been devastating with Ingram and Bosa. 

4) Also tried to trade up to 14 to grab Lamar, not because I think Lamar is going to be better then Allen, but because I had a feeling @Paradis was going to pick him for the Cards and I really just wanted to piss him off :P

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

4) Also tried to trade up to 14 to grab Lamar, not because I think Lamar is going to be better then Allen, but because I had a feeling @Paradis was going to pick him for the Cards and I really just wanted to piss him off :P

Had I known it was just to piss off Paradis, I would have invoked the rarely used Commissioner's Privilege Clause, undone the Derwin James pick and traded back with you.  Why didn't you share that info last night, it would have made all the difference.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I have convinced myself it is going to be us.  Darnold 1 to the Browns.  Rosen 2 to the Giants.  Macc will take Allen ahead of Mayfield.  I will hate it for that night, probably rant and rave about the pick right here on this site.  But I keep telling myself that I get one night to bitch about the pick then get behind our guy, whoever it may be and hope for the best.

agreed.  What a shame Mac gave up those 3 2nd round picks for the mere chance that Rosen/Darnold fall.  The divide between those two and Allen/Mayfield is considerable.  Neither of them are really top 10 material.  But QBs.

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Chargers take Allen - sit him behind Rivers for a year or two.

1) Couldn't pass up the value.   Grabbing a guy who is likely to go in the top 5, possibly 1 overall, is a no brainier.

2) Not an immediate need for the Bolts, but they potentially address the biggest need that is going to be facing them in the next few years.

3) Wanted to trade up around the 9, 10, 11, 12 slots to address the Chargers defense with Vita and Roquan in mind, unfortunately I got really busy in the office late yesterday afternoon/early in the evening and didn't have a chance to send out messages when the picks started flying off the board late in the afternoon, early in the evening.  I really wanted to put Vita on that line...could have been devastating with Ingram and Bosa. 

It's funny how everyone talks about Eli being 'done' but you don't hear that about Rivers or Ben so much.  It's an interesting play and I agree that Allen was great value there.  Investing a year early rather than a year late in a QB should probably happen more often, except if you're the NYG.  Then invest in a RB please.

• Upvote 1