JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What was it?

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

TRADE

Seattle sends pick #18 to Carolina

Carolina sends picks #24 and #85 to Seattle.

Spreadsheet updated

I have no 2nd, or 3rd rd picks... I needed to move back at some point, I may do it again.

If anyone thinks they may want to come up to 24, it may be available. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

I for one, didnt realize this silly mock draft being done on the Jetnation carried so much weight in the real world. 

I'm now going to take my picks very serious.  Like I did last year, when I mocked Fournette and Robinson correctly to the Jags (only poster to mock 2 picks perfectly) and still lost because of some silly scoring criteria made by a very nice person kind enough to run this thingy. 

#humblebrag?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You’re not in the mock so you have nothing to do with it. I’m sure everyone thinks I should of taken a QB but I think Allen and Jackson aren’t going to be worth a sh*t so I took an OG at 8 that is mocked as high as 2 but at the end of the day it doesn’t ******* matter because it’s fake. You’re just clogging up the thread. 

Well the first sentence is just an incredibly stupid stance that doesn't make any sense. It's an open forum, throw up a paywall or password protect the thread or something if you want to close a thread to the public. 

You didn't give away picks on purpose because you feel some type of way about the team you're drafting for. Apples to oranges. We *all* get that this is bullsh*t, no one is saying otherwise, but we've done these forever without anybody actively sh*tting on the whole thing because they have the GMz powerz. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Well the first sentence is just an incredibly stupid stance that doesn't make any sense. It's an open forum, throw up a paywall or password protect the thread if you want to close a thread to the public. 

You didn't give away picks on purpose because you feel some type of way about the team you're drafting for. Apples to oranges. We *all* get that this is bullsh*t, no one is saying otherwise, but we've done these forever without anybody actively sh*tting on the whole thing because they have the GMz powerz. 

You just refuse to stop trolling.  You really are an a**.  Nobody shat on anything here except you.  Go sit in a corner somewhere.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Well the first sentence is just an incredibly stupid stance that doesn't make any sense. It's an open forum, throw up a paywall or password protect the thread if you want to close a thread to the public. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Yes, because that is what actually happened. You trolled the whole mock and still are trying your darndest to convince yourself otherwise.

You have some cognitive problems, let me help you with them since I was the GM who traded with Dcat.

I moved from 5 to 3

I gave up my 2nd round pick 40th overall and received the Jets 3rd round pick 71st overall.

There were Gm to Gm restrictions in what I could do at #3.  I could jot take a QB and I could not trade the pick.

If I did not agree to this no deal would have been made and the Jets would have taken Mayfield or Allen at 3.

I would NOT have made the trade if I had to give up my 2nd rounder alone.  Thus not deal and the Jets take Mayfiled or Rosen.

Cleveland was NOT taking a QB at 4 but could have traded their pick to someone who would have taken a QB.  That still leaves either Rosen or Mayfield at #5

You can like or not like the trade but the simple fact is that the Jets got the QB AND moved from the 71st pick in the draft to the 40th pick in the draft.

If the 'dumb' trade was not made the Jets would have drafted a Qb and had the 71st pick in the draft.

Comprende?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Josh Jackson was a really good pick..and also thought Allen to the Chargers was great value.

I still have to wait all the way to the #22nd pick of the 2nd round to get started lol.

I liked Jackson there too, but I need more picks. Seattle is limping into this draft with a 1st rounder then nothing until 4th round. WE are the 5th Round kings though with 4 picks there

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Josh Jackson was a really good pick..and also thought Allen to the Chargers was great value.

I still have to wait all the way to the #22nd pick of the 2nd round to get started lol.

Love that CB Jackson pick. Best cb in draft. STEAL.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You have some cognitive problems, let me help you with them since I was the GM who traded with Dcat.

I moved from 5 to 3

I gave up my 2nd round pick 40th overall and received the Jets 3rd round pick 71st overall.

There were Gm to Gm restrictions in what I could do at #3.  I could jot take a QB and I could not trade the pick.

If I did not agree to this no deal would have been made and the Jets would have taken Mayfield or Allen at 3.

I would NOT have made the trade if I had to give up my 2nd rounder alone.  Thus not deal and the Jets take Mayfiled or Rosen.

Cleveland was NOT taking a QB at 4 but could have traded their pick to someone who would have taken a QB.  That still leaves either Rosen or Mayfield at #5

You can like or not like the trade but the simple fact is that the Jets got the QB AND moved from the 71st pick in the draft to the 40th pick in the draft.

If the 'dumb' trade was not made the Jets would have drafted a Qb and had the 71st pick in the draft.

Comprende?

If he doesn't understand it, then he is just challenged. But nobody here is *that* slow. I think he understands full well and doesn't like the lack of draft chart value so he plans to disrupt the mock as much as possible because he didn't like the move.  Infant.  

If he trolls here again I believe he will be sent packing for a while.  Not my call.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

If he doesn't understand it, then he is just challenged. But nobody here is *that* slow. I think he understands full well and doesn't like the lack of draft chart value so he plans to disrupt the mock as much as possible because he didn't like the move.  Infant.  

If he trolls here again I believe he will be sent packing for a while.  Not my call.

I had to realize that he wasn’t even involved in this year’s mock draft just to properly understand how stupid it really was to go on and on.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure who DWC is?  But we do not have any spots open right now.  Gato was never in the draft, just trolling the sh*t out of it. 

LOL...not the draft.  I meant the board has a spot open for an old troll to return.  DefenseWinsChampionships was a persistent PITA back a few years (and I hope I'm not going back so far it was on the 'other' board).

Just now, nycdan said:

LOL...not the draft.  I meant the board has a spot open for an old troll to return.  DefenseWinsChampionships was a persistent PITA back a few years (and I hope I'm not going back so far it was on the 'other' board).

Got it.  If he was on the other board, I probably would have remembered.  Only been here on JN regularly for the last few months.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

For good this time lol

that's too bad, because for the most part his posts were good, sometines informative.  I had no idea he had been previously banned.  I also had no idea what a little spoiled infant he becomes when things don't go to his liking.  What was the point of him saying I gave up a pick over and over, when I didn't?  He never acknowledged that he was wrong about that.  Hey, maybe he is so far out there that he didn't realize the Jets had no 2nd round pick beofre the trade.  Maybe thats why he thought I "gave up a pick" to move down .:blink:  So silly.

Anyway, time to forget him and move on.  He has all his Wilkerson dolls to play with while in exile.

Let this be the final response/post from any of us about Senor Gato's 2-day long tantrum.  I'm tired from it.

meanwhile, @heymangold is on the clock.  Just about an hour to go.  any word from him? 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Presuming the Hernandez selection to the Cowboys was done out of spite for him milking the clock 

I don't think they have a decent guard outside of Zack Martin, they need someone to start opposite him -- took a quick look at their roster and a couple of other sites who have mocked G to Cowboys in this spot.  So we went with the G.

• Upvote 1