CEO: Cryptic hints at first round pick?

Greenseed4

ORLANDO, Fla. — CEO Christopher Johnson said he’s excited that the Jets moved up from No. 6 overall to No. 3 in the draft. He also said he was putting on his best poker face so as not to reveal which position the Jets are focusing on.

“This is, I’m 100 percent sure, having talked with [general manager] Mike Maccagnan and [vice president of player personnel] Brian Heimerdinger and the coaches, that we are going to do something special with that number three spot,” he said Sunday.

Johnson expressed disappointment that the Jets failed to get their No. 1 free-agent target, quarterback Kirk Cousins. He said they moved on quickly to implement Plan B, which was to sign Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater and then move up in the draft in a trade with the Colts.

“We’ve been talking about moving up in the draft since the end of the season,” he said. “It was a discussion that went into high gear as it became apparent we were not going to go with plan A.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/christopher-johnson-no-3-overall-pick-1.17673195

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

ORLANDO, Fla. — CEO Christopher Johnson said he’s excited that the Jets moved up from No. 6 overall to No. 3 in the draft. He also said he was putting on his best poker face so as not to reveal which position the Jets are focusing on.

“This is, I’m 100 percent sure, having talked with [general manager] Mike Maccagnan and [vice president of player personnel] Brian Heimerdinger and the coaches, that we are going to do something special with that number three spot,” he said Sunday.

Johnson expressed disappointment that the Jets failed to get their No. 1 free-agent target, quarterback Kirk Cousins. He said they moved on quickly to implement Plan B, which was to sign Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater and then move up in the draft in a trade with the Colts.

“We’ve been talking about moving up in the draft since the end of the season,” he said. “It was a discussion that went into high gear as it became apparent we were not going to go with plan A.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/christopher-johnson-no-3-overall-pick-1.17673195

How is this a hint?

“This is, I’m 100 percent sure, having talked with Mike and Brian and the coaches, that we are going to do something special with that number three spot,” —C. Johnson 

—-

100% sure means they have a target.  Which of the top-4 can they be 100% confident in landing at 3, that they weren’t confident in lasting until 6? 

I think this points to Mayfield.  He definitely fits the “special” label, as he’s not prototypical in any fashion. 

The Jets losing out on Kirk Cousins is the very best stroke of luck to happen to the Jets in a long time. Kirk Cousins does NOT win the Jets anything. He's Neil O'Donnell part 2. I do not want the jets to be a fringe playoff team for the next 10 years and that's where I believe kirk Cousins ultimately lands you.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Something special?  What does that mean?  All they can do is pick a player...unless they plan on bringing out some type of orchestra to sing the pick to the audience, that would be special. 

Not picking a defensive player for once is pretty damn special.

But yeah, also an orchestra would be sweet too.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Not picking a defensive player for once is pretty damn special.

But yeah, also an orchestra would be sweet too.

Special but not guaranteed. 

Chubb sitting there on draft day sharp dressed looking handsome and available at #3, he's staring at Bowles, Bowles staring back with a long string of drool hanging down his face, Chubb stares back and licks his lips, Bowles whips his face but immediately starts drooling again, Chubb winks, Bowles looks over at Mac and Mac has visions of BAP running through his head, Chubb bats his eye lashes, both Bowles and Mac look at each other and say:  Best player in the draft, again!

Image result for todd bowles and mike maccagnan

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Special but not guaranteed. 

Chubb sitting there on draft day sharp dressed looking handsome and available at #3, he's staring at Bowles, Bowles staring back with a long string of drool hanging down his face, Chubb stares back and licks his lips, Bowles whips his face but immediately starts drooling again, Chubb winks, Bowles looks over at Mac and Mac has visions of BAP running through his head, Chubb bats his eye lashes, both Bowles and Mac look at each other and say:  Best player in the draft, again!

Image result for todd bowles and mike maccagnan

Well when you put it like that...

I hope Giants take Chubb. Because Bowles WILL fight someone in order to get that card in. 

Archived