Jump to content

The 1 and only reason that matters in why Josh Allen can't be the QB of the New York Jets.


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Dupe said:

So after we pick him you assholes can boo his ass out of here.  oh joy.  A bunch of miserable loosers here that fancy themselfes as long suffering “fans”  pathetic. 

The vast majority of fans will be happy and give any of these kids a chance.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is a great QB.  Anyone who doesn't have to face him 2x year readily agrees to this w/o hesitation.  Actually based on the 2 tapes posted above I've raised my opinion of Allen.  The accuracy thing REALLY scares me.  Glad I don't have to make the choice.  I'm leaning towards Mayfield if Donard and Rosen are gone but it's a damn close call.  

So to me being at 3 sux and we should have stood pat at 6.  It's Donard and Rosen at tier one and Allen and Mayfield at tier two. Three 2s is just too much for tier two prospects.       

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dupe said:

So after we pick him you assholes can boo his ass out of here.  oh joy.  A bunch of miserable loosers here that fancy themselfes as long suffering “fans”  pathetic. 

Dupe or Derp..

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

Brady is a great QB.  Anyone who doesn't have to face him 2x year readily agrees to this w/o hesitation.  Actually based on the 2 tapes posted above I've raised my opinion of Allen.  The accuracy thing REALLY scares me.  Glad I don't have to make the choice.  I'm leaning towards Mayfield if Donard and Rosen are gone but it's a damn close call.  

So to me being at 3 sux and we should have stood pat at 6.  It's Donard and Rosen at tier one and Allen and Mayfield at tier two. Three 2s is just too much for tier two prospects.       

It has come down to these options for me: 

1. Mac has reliable information that the Giants are passing on QB;

2. Mac thinks the Giants would be willing to trade back 1 spot if Darnold does not fall to them, or

3. Mac is not of sound mind

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

he's merely a big kid with a big arm and that's really all you are starting with? Allen does nothing for me. Could he become the Brett Favre? SURE, I suppose? But 90% of the time he's going to bust and I do not want the Jets to squander this opportunity.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pointman said:

Watch from 1:35.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jiwbZX9XOM

 

Cliff notes, he says he loves Tom Brady. Bum.

That was funny.

I'm a fan of the kid and would love him in a Jet uniform - hearing anyone, let alone the potential future of of the NYJ's was seriously off-putting though - but that's pathetic on my part.  Nothing wrong with this kid at all..

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Brady is a great QB.  Anyone who doesn't have to face him 2x year readily agrees to this w/o hesitation.  Actually based on the 2 tapes posted above I've raised my opinion of Allen.  The accuracy thing REALLY scares me.  Glad I don't have to make the choice.  I'm leaning towards Mayfield if Donard and Rosen are gone but it's a damn close call.  

So to me being at 3 sux and we should have stood pat at 6.  It's Donard and Rosen at tier one and Allen and Mayfield at tier two. Three 2s is just too much for tier two prospects.       

They needed a QB and it was unlikely one of the 4 would be there at 6.  It's still unlikely but the Jets had to treat it as a certainty - as soon as Indy said the pick was up for grabs the Jets had no choice but to move up.

Take Allen and be happy - the kids going to be very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dcat said:

It has come down to these options for me: 

1. Mac has reliable information that the Giants are passing on QB;

2. Mac thinks the Giants would be willing to trade back 1 spot if Darnold does not fall to them, or

3. Mac is not of sound mind

None of this has happened. Mac thinks there are at least 3 FQB's in this draft.  

Allen is viewed as the #1 or #2 prospect my countless scouts - Don't like him, that's fine - but to say Mac isn't of sound mind is just unfair.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dupe said:

So after we pick him you assholes can boo his ass out of here.  oh joy.  A bunch of miserable loosers here that fancy themselfes as long suffering “fans”  pathetic. 

If I were you, I would find my spelling far more pathetic and embarrassing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

None of this has happened. Mac thinks there are at least 3 FQB's in this draft.  

..............I hope you're right.

Allen is viewed as the #1 or #2 prospect my countless scouts - Don't like him, that's fine - but to say Mac isn't of sound mind is just unfair.

.............I still think Darnold & Rosen are substantially better prospects than Allen and Mayfield.  So from that perspective I think fear and panic motivated Mac to trade away his draft on a too long odds gamble.    

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LIJetsFan said:

 

I get it, but A LOT of people don't think Rosen is a substantially better prospect, even more think Allen is the best prospect in this draft- I, personally,  have Rosen last on my list 

Winning those extra games was the reason the Jets gave away draft picks - Mac had NO-ZERO choice in the matter of trading up.  In fact, I think he made an amazing trade under the circumstances.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also VERY leery of Allen. While he might pan out to be something special, its risky. We cant afford to be risky especially when we have 2 or 3 other "safe" choices.

 

But whats the deal with Sam? I mean, last year he was superhyped. This year, almost nobody is talking about him even though he is still in the top 3 or 4 pick class. Josh Allen gets talked up all the time for his build and unreal arm, mayfield for his "it" factor, winning record and attitude, Rosen for his smarts and accuracy while almost NOTHING is being gushed ontp Sam.

He is just "there" as if he was a leftover of last years hype. Nothing really solid or new. Weird!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I am also VERY leery of Allen. While he might pan out to be something special, its risky. We cant afford to be risky especially when we have 2 or 3 other "safe" choices.

 

But whats the deal with Sam? I mean, last year he was superhyped. This year, almost nobody is talking about him even though he is still in the top 3 or 4 pick class. Josh Allen gets talked up all the time for his build and unreal arm, mayfield for his "it" factor, winning record and attitude, Rosen for his smarts and accuracy while almost NOTHING is being gushed ontp Sam.

He is just "there" as if he was a leftover of last years hype. Nothing really solid or new. Weird!

Every QB you draft comes with risk.  You think taking an undersized QB with some off field issues like Mayfield doesn't come with risk? Do you think Josh Rosen and his shoulder injury/concussion history/attitude concerns doesn't come with some risk? 

All of you guys are so scarred by Hackenberg that you think the only concern for a QB is his accuracy issues. Geno was extremely accurate in college. How'd that turn out? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm good with Josh Allen if it turns out he's our pick. Much to be happy about with him. I think even the skeptics will eventually come around. This whole site seems to be living in a post-traumatic stress bubble -- hypervigilant, flashbacks, increased startle response, lack of faith in the future... time to move on. Scrub out the past and start fresh -- tabula rasa. Bury Chicken Little. Flush your cyanide capsule. Breathe in the dewy morning air of a new day... (or not).... :)

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Every QB you draft comes with risk.  You think taking an undersized QB with some off field issues like Mayfield doesn't come with risk? Do you think Josh Rosen and his shoulder injury/concussion history/attitude concerns doesn't come with some risk? 

All of you guys are so scarred by Hackenberg that you think the only concern for a QB is his accuracy issues. Geno was extremely accurate in college. How'd that turn out? 

Geno’s team in West Virginia also called for him to throw little bubble screens and slants and hitch routes to Tavon Austin and let Tavon bounce around the field like a player on Madden with a 99 overall.

2013 was the worst QB class in decades. Let’s try not to use Geno as some enlightening response to guys who think Accuracy is the most important trait.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...