Most Overused Phrases/Sayings on JN

jgb

Most Overused Phrases/Sayings on JN (multiple choice)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Most Overused Phrases/Sayings on JN (multiple choice)

• "Kid"
    • "Thug" or "Thug Turd"
    • "SOJ" or "SOJF"
    • "Homer"
    • "Says Hello" (as in, "You are wrong that it's unlikely to find a HOF QB in the 6th round. Tom Brady says hello.")
    • "You're not a real fan if..."
    • "Literally" (probably the most overused word in the English language)
    • "We have too many holes to..." (ex. "trade up in the draft" or "sign high-priced FAs" or "draft a skill position in the first round" or really to argue against any disfavored action)
    • "At the right price" (throwaway qualifier when debating the merits of signing a FA)
    • "Sign this beast"
    • "[Current terrible player/coach] makes me miss [Past terrible player/coach]"
    • "Weaponz" (o' lack der of)
    • "Circus"
    • "Pounded the table for..." (unsurprisingly always revealed with the benefit of hindsight)
    • "Everyone is so impatient these days" or "Fans expect to get better overnight" or other admonitions maligning the heretofore saint-like patience of Jets fans
    • "Well I wouldn't want championships if we had to cheat for them" or other absurd virtue signalling. Any Jets fan would love to be in a position to defend tainted rings against da haterz.
    • "I only want guys who want to be here!" (always said after getting jilted)
    • Citing any outlier to defeat or form the basis of a generalization (ok not really a saying but overused nonetheless)
    • "Lost control of the locker room" (Just because it seems to happen every year on the Jets, doesn't mean the phrase isn't overused. Or something.)
    • Safety jokes

Been thinking for awhile how every time someone is defending a player or prospect they inevitably describe him as a "kid." No one ever uses the word to denigrate a player. You never see: "The kid is a locker room cancer." Not sure why it annoys me, but it does. So what phrases/words are most overused in your opinion?

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

**** THIS IS A HARD ONE. 

I’m so conflicted at the moment.

PS.

Where is #JetUp? You must honor Kevinc or GTFO.

House rules.

Lol. It's multiple choice so no reason to be conflicted!

I don't see #JetUp a lot on here. Maybe "Can't Wait" would make sense. 

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And before I leave I also demand you put “ He has High Upside” and “Traits”. 

Or “He just needs a red shirt year”.

I considered "Blaming a player's terrible performance on lack of opportunity" but I think that's captured with "Weaponz"

The only one that really bothers me is the "Real fans" debate. 

It is March.  The season has been over for three months.  The new season will not get started for another 5+ months.  The draft is still 4 weeks away.  Yet, here we are, every day, talking about our Jets.  We are alll real fans.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well yeah because you are talking up  Brady. When you are smashing Eli you go with the defense won  that game. It’s your thing and it’s cool. 

first off, thank you for thinking of me.  I am honored.

2nd, the Pats Ds have been incredibly overrated and the Giants Ds incredibly underrated b/c people just look at meaningless reg season rankings.  what NYGs Ds did in title games and SBs(along w/ the rest of the 07/11 postseasons) was amazing.  NE had 1 postseason where their D played like and it was the first for Brady back in 2001 BUT that D also became the first D EVER to blow a double digit 4th qtr lead in a SB(they blew a 14 pt lead) before Brady rescued them and 2 years later they would become the 2nd D ever to blow a double digit 4th qtr lead in a SB before again being rescued by Brady and the O.

NYG's D held the greatest QB of all time to 14 & 17 pts to beat them twice.  In this past SB Philly in 1 game(w/ a much higher ranked D) allowed 33.

Brady's Ds have allowed more PPG in the playoffs than the supposedly bad Indy/Den Ds that "held Peyton back".

My thing is trying to be as fair as possible even if the argument is painful.  the last thing I'd want to do is argue in favor of anything NE.

Been thinking for awhile how every time someone is defending a player or prospect they inevitably describe him as a "kid." No one ever uses the word to denigrate a player. You never see: "The kid is a locker room cancer." Not sure why it annoys me, but it does. So what phrases/words are most overused in your opinion?

Thugturd.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived