Todd Bowles Says Some Things

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

"they traded up to No. 3 not with one player in mind but with 6-7 they believe they’ll have a chance at."

Ug, so why not stay pat at 6?

Anything said at this point about the draft should simply be ignored.  He knows, we know, everyone knows the Jets traded up with 3 QB's in mind - nothing more, nothing less.

Here I am starting to feel good about how good a job Mac has done so far this off season. Chris Johnson saying all the right things. 

And then Bowles speaks, and I’m reminded why we’re where we are in the first place. It’s quite scary. Now in my head I’m think it’s Darnold, Rosen then Chubb. And walk away with no QB. 

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Here I am starting to feel good about how good a job Mac has done so far this off season. Chris Johnson saying all the right things. 

And then Bowles speaks, and I’m reminded why we’re where we are in the first place. It’s quite scary. Now in my head I’m think it’s Darnold, Rosen then Chubb. And walk away with no QB. 

Have they scheduled a private workout with Chubb?

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Anything said at this point about the draft should simply be ignored.  He knows, we know, everyone knows the Jets traded up with 3 QB's in mind - nothing more, nothing less.

Since we seem to be committed to MacBowles for the next couple of years I've been praying to the football gods that both of them learn and grow into their jobs.  Go Jets!

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He also said it would have been hard to sign the Honey Badger because he wanted to start and he couldn’t figure out a way to use him.

Fire Todd Bowles into the sun. 

You have to laugh at Todd not knowing how to use a guy that could help him win games.  Brings back memories of Sheldon playing ILB. 

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Have they scheduled a private workout with Chubb?

No idea. But I can’t help but think if Chubb is there along with Allen and Mayfield, Bowles is gonna be going nuts to get his pass rusher finally. We’re doomed. 

16 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

"they traded up to No. 3 not with one player in mind but with 6-7 they believe they’ll have a chance at."

Ug, so why not stay pat at 6?

Because that was a "media lie", clearly he is not gonna play himself and say "there are only 3 guys we want and both are QB's and their names are......"

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

No idea. But I can’t help but think if Chubb is there along with Allen and Mayfield, Bowles is gonna be going nuts to get his pass rusher finally. We’re doomed. 

Let him go nuts. He's gonna be strongly outvoted. We didn't trade up for a pass-rusher.

1 minute ago, slats said:

It's at least encouraging that he's contemplating not only not starting McCown, but maybe actually starting a rookie. 

As I have stated numerous times despite the rantings...he will play a rookie QB IF that guy is ready to play. He is not just gonna throw a bum out there to "lead" the team if he isnt the best guy. The mantra that he wont play a rookie QB is just another unfounded criticism based on zero evidence.

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

As I have stated numerous times despite the rantings...he will play a rookie QB IF that guy is ready to play. He is not just gonna throw a bum out there to "lead" the team if he isnt the best guy. The mantra that he wont play a rookie QB is just another unfounded criticism based on zero evidence.

Todd Bowles has played the best QB on the roster, by a large margin, every single season.  I'm not sure why it's his fault that those QBs were Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown?

27 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

The man while being a nice man I'm sure, needed to be fired last season.

18 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Because that was a "media lie", clearly he is not gonna play himself and say "there are only 3 guys we want and both are QB's and their names are......"

No but it does sound a little silly that they move up to 3 and then you say there's 6-7 they'll have a chance at. Just doesn't sound....smart lol. 

18 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Yeah but he locked away Hackenberg for two years. How do we KNOW Hackenberg sucks if Bowels is too SCARED and stupid to play him?

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

No but it does sound a little silly that they move up to 3 and then you say there's 6-7 they'll have a chance at. Just doesn't sound....smart lol. 

Well we both know the man HATES talking to the media...you can see the disdain he has when he has to answer questions. I think he knows that if he said 3 then he has 40 questions about which 3. I thought it was a get off my back answer honestly. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah but he locked away Hackenberg for two years. How do we KNOW Hackenberg sucks if Bowels is too SCARED and stupid to play him?

see? here we go........he isnt "scared" to play Hack. Thats just bullshut that people keep repeating DESPITE seeing with your own eye every time that kid touches a football that he is NOT and has NEVER been the best QB on the team at ANY time. Don't pretend that even you cant see the difference, we all can so of course the coach can. 

Just stop

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

sounds funny but there are 6-7 players worth taking at #3, but odds are two of them will already have been taken.  so there's 6-7 they'll have a chance to take that they consider worth it.  poorly worded but it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Well we both know the man HATES talking to the media...you can see the disdain he has when he has to answer questions. I think he knows that if he said 3 then he has 40 questions about which 3. I thought it was a get off my back answer honestly. 

They're all "**** off" answers, all the time and forever. It's up to the beat writers and columnists to milk the sh*t out of it until the next go around.

30 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Not to worry. I think Macc KNOWS he HAS to take a QB. Anything less and HE'S doomed.

26 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Funny how the coach said all the things you pretty much expect a coach to say this time of year but will get criticized anyway just people hate him. lol The man cant win this crowd over no matter what he says or does.

Three straight years of getting worse as a coach and not livingup to the defensive genius billing has a way of weighing on fans. I’d give it a 25% chance he is coaching here next season. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Three straight years of getting worse as a coach and not livingup to the defensive genius billing has a way of weighing on fans. I’d give it a 25% chance he is coaching here next season. 

100% chance. Mac too. 2 more years at least. 

Archived