Todd Bowles Says Some Things

CrazyCarl40

31 minutes ago, slats said:

It's at least encouraging that he's contemplating not only not starting McCown, but maybe actually starting a rookie. 

Even a rookie can run that  the vaunted Bowles run up the gut/run up the gut/3rd and 8 chuck and duck offense. Would be nice if this moron with oodles of resources spread across his beloved defense could at least make the unit marginally competent. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Three straight years of getting worse as a coach and not livingup to the defensive genius billing has a way of weighing on fans. I’d give it a 25% chance he is coaching here next season. 

Year 1 featured a top 5-6 defense:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2015

Oh and the first Jets offense in the top half of the league in nearly 15 years...The first top 10 passing offense in nearly 15 years....

49 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Here I am starting to feel good about how good a job Mac has done so far this off season. Chris Johnson saying all the right things. 

And then Bowles speaks, and I’m reminded why we’re where we are in the first place. It’s quite scary. Now in my head I’m think it’s Darnold, Rosen then Chubb. And walk away with no QB. 

What did he say that makes you feel that way?

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What did he say that makes you feel that way?

Eh just the overall tone of how he gives his answers, the 6-7 players thing, can't find a way to use honey badger. I feel like he can do better with speaking/showing his personality to give Jets fans a bit more confidence that he's the right man for the job. 

40 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Three straight years of getting worse as a coach and not livingup to the defensive genius billing has a way of weighing on fans. I’d give it a 25% chance he is coaching here next season. 

I'd give it a 25% chance he is coaching here by Week 5.

He's a placeholder.  We need to build a roster that's decent enough to attract a top quality HC candidate.  Hopefully someone with prior experience.  The Jets rookie HC carousel is just as bad as the lack of a franchise QB the past 30 years.

SAR I

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Eh just the overall tone of how he gives his answers, the 6-7 players thing, can't find a way to use honey badger. I feel like he can do better with speaking/showing his personality to give Jets fans a bit more confidence that he's the right man for the job. 

Honestly, I dont think anything he says or does to the public will sway opinion 

There was a brief window where I thought signing Matheiu was a thing. Then I learned he had blown out both his knee, played a league high # of snaps or something, and remembered that this is the NFL. He's a better 2018 injury candidate than some superstar they missed out on.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

"they traded up to No. 3 not with one player in mind but with 6-7 they believe they’ll have a chance at."

Ug, so why not stay pat at 6?

Better yet, why not tell everyone who it is they want?  Can't imagine that could backfire. Lol

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Funny how the coach said all the things you pretty much expect a coach to say this time of year but will get criticized anyway just people hate him. lol The man cant win this crowd over no matter what he says or does.

Crazier is that someone actually buttfumbled this post. 

47 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Even a rookie can run that  the vaunted Bowles run up the gut/run up the gut/3rd and 8 chuck and duck offense. Would be nice if this moron with oodles of resources spread across his beloved defense could at least make the unit marginally competent. 

One, he's not the OC.  Two, that's the offense you think you saw last season?

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

He didnt want to sign the Honey Badgers because he couldnt think of a way to use him...

Oh wow didn't realize he said that. Do me a favor and shoot me a link to that interview. I want to blog about. People need to know this is happening.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Oh wow didn't realize he said that. Do me a favor and shoot me a link to that interview. I want to blog about. People need to know this is happening.

Saw this..

A bit different from "don't know how to use him".

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Here I am starting to feel good about how good a job Mac has done so far this off season. Chris Johnson saying all the right things. 

And then Bowles speaks, and I’m reminded why we’re where we are in the first place. It’s quite scary. Now in my head I’m think it’s Darnold, Rosen then Chubb. And walk away with no QB. 

eh...we got the amazing dunking Josh McCown!!

photos.medleyphoto.4903309.jpg

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

"they traded up to No. 3 not with one player in mind but with 6-7 they believe they’ll have a chance at."

I mean, why doesn't Todd Bowles just tell everyone exactly which player they want the most, right? Every other team's GM/Head Coach tells the media their exact game plans, why don't the Jets????

From Schefters podcast I thought Bowles' comments were kind of interesting. More OVER ANALYZING....

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=22924538

About the trade up: "We knew there were gonna be a lot of people moving up, so, there was a chance if we stayed where we were we'd be out of the QB business....or any other player. Chubb or Barkley."

How do you feel about this QB class? "It's talented top to bottom. it's not just about the QBs. the RB class is talented. You have a great defense end sitting right there at 2. Regardless of what we do we're gonna pick a good football player."

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

you may be right but you proved my point...your statement has nothing to do with what he says and if there is a problem with his statement. 

19 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Saw this..

A bit different from "don't know how to use him".

Yeah that is a little bit different. Sounds like Macc drafted two safeties last year and those guys are going to start. So he went somewhere else so he could be more than a nickel corner.

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

From Schefters podcast I thought Bowles' comments were kind of interesting. More OVER ANALYZING....

About the trade up: "We knew there were gonna be a lot of people moving up, so, there was a chance if we stayed where we were we'd be out of the QB business....or any other player. Chubb or Barkley."

How do you feel about this QB class? "It's talented top to bottom. it's not just about the QBs. the RB class is talented. You have a great defense end sitting right there at 2. Regardless of what we do we're gonna pick a good football player."

Oh boy.  Remember that little Chubb skit I played out???

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yeah that is a little bit different. Sounds like Macc drafted two safeties last year and those guys are going to start. So he went somewhere else so he could be more than a nickel corner.

FWIW - i was going off this...he didnt say it exactly this way but it was a read between the lines thingy.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He also said it would have been hard to sign the Honey Badger because he wanted to start and he couldn’t figure out a way to use him.

Fire Todd Bowles into the sun. 

11 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

So he basically said they moved up because they didn't want to get shut out of the QBs and then tried to cloud the issue by talking about RB and defensive talent.  There's no chance we didn't move up to get one of our to 3 QBs

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Bowles making no sense? Why am I not surprised?

Archived