Todd Bowles Says Some Things

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

FWIW - i was going off this...he didnt say it exactly this way but it was a read between the lines thingy.

Looks like your read the wrong words between those lines. The tweet I saw said Bowles knows exactly how he would use him.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny how the coach said all the things you pretty much expect a coach to say this time of year but will get criticized anyway just because people hate him. lol The man cant win this crowd over no mat

"they traded up to No. 3 not with one player in mind but with 6-7 they believe they’ll have a chance at."   Ug, so why not stay pat at 6?

Anything said at this point about the draft should simply be ignored.  He knows, we know, everyone knows the Jets traded up with 3 QB's in mind - nothing more, nothing less.

Just now, Maxman said:

Looks like your read the wrong words between those lines. The tweet I saw said Bowles knows exactly how he would use him.

Knows exactly how he would want to use but couldnt figure out how to use him here...pretty obvious, no? 

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Bowles making no sense? Why am I not surprised?

Why am I not surprised that some fans still take pre draft discussions on possible picks so literal.  :huh:

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Knows exactly how he would want to use but couldnt figure out how to use him here...pretty obvious, no? 

Todd Bowles knows this player as well as a coach can know a player. Saying he doesn't know how he would use him just makes no sense.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

"they traded up to No. 3 not with one player in mind but with 6-7 they believe they’ll have a chance at."

Ug, so why not stay pat at 6?

yeah it sounds like a foolish statement but trading up gives them much better odds of getting the player they really want as opposed to bpa.  6-7 players? doesn't sound like bowles is so sold on a qb.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Todd Bowles knows this player as well as a coach can know a player. Saying he doesn't know how he would use him just makes no sense.

Todd Bowles played Sheldon at ILB.  This totally makes sense.  

He legit let Honey Badger walk because he couldnt find a way to start him. Dude, he said this...

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, rangerous said:

yeah it sounds like a foolish statement but trading up gives them much better odds of getting the player they really want as opposed to bpa.  6-7 players? doesn't sound like bowles is so sold on a qb.

Anyone in the organization that isn't sold on taking a QB at 3 should be shown the door.

At the same time I don't think Bowles or Macc actually says what they feel to the media.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah that is a little bit different. Sounds like Macc drafted two safeties last year and those guys are going to start. So he went somewhere else so he could be more than a nickel corner.

besides, isn't he coming off of an injury or two?

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

"they traded up to No. 3 not with one player in mind but with 6-7 they believe they’ll have a chance at."

Ug, so why not stay pat at 6?

Why not lose games if we wanted to get to 2 or 3? Each win costs us a 2nd rounder.. good thing we didn’t win 6 games last yr

Just now, Maxman said:

Anyone in the organization that isn't sold on taking a QB at 3 should be shown the door.

At the same time I don't think Bowles or Macc actually says what they feel to the media.

maybe but at the same time bowles seems to be keeping his powder very dry.

Just now, JiF said:

Todd Bowles played Sheldon at ILB.  This totally makes sense.  

He legit let Honey Badger walk because he couldnt find a way to start him. Dude, he said this...

He was going to start in the slot at cornerback. That is where he fits in this defense. The Jets drafted two safeties last year they are good, young and have no injury history. You can hate on Bowles for a million things, he has earned it, this just isn't one. I think your Honey Boo Boo crush is clouding your judgement lol.

• Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Funny how the coach said all the things you pretty much expect a coach to say this time of year but will get criticized anyway just people hate him. lol The man cant win this crowd over no matter what he says or does.

there's a reason for that, no?  Actually 2 reasons.  First, Bowles has shown us how cowardly conservative he is on game days.  I have no patience for that.  Second, Jets fans are frustrated.  Bowles has only been here a couple of years, but he (and Mac) need to understand that we Jets fans have been abused by this team for decades, so they had better be able to withstand the deluge of condemnation when they screw things up (which is too often, IMO).

So part of it has been self-inflicted by Bowles and part because we fans have had just about enough of failures from the Jets, no matter who is in charge.  That may not seem fair to Bowles (and Mac), but if they didn't know this coming in, then they are just flat out naive or ignorant.  Not a good thing.

• Post of the Week 1
Just now, rangerous said:

maybe but at the same time bowles seems to be keeping his powder very dry.

Read his answers (quotes) year one to now. He has changed. He messed up early with the media and he feels scorned by it. So he is short, and terse.

Personally that is what I want from the coach.

I also want them to win football games so that is the part that will get Bowles fired soon if they don't improve. Not anything he says to the media.

• Post of the Week 1
1 minute ago, Dcat said:

there's a reason for that, no?  Actually 2 reasons.  First, Bowles has shown us how cowardly conservative he is on game days.  I have no patience for that.  Second, Jets fans are frustrated.  Bowles has only been here a couple of years, but he (and Mac) need to understand that we Jets fans have been abused by this team for decades, so they had better be able to withstand the deluge of condemnation when they screw things up (which is too often, IMO).

So part of it has been self-inflicted by Bowles and part because we fans have had just about enough of failures from the Jets, no matter who is in charge.  That may not seem fair to Bowles (and Mac), but if they didn't know this coming in, then they are just flat out naive or ignorant.  Not a good thing.

I have said this a lot...current Jets players and staff, pay for the sins of their fathers. It is true.

Nobody has patience anymore. Last year was a train wreck, the last two years were. On top of many train wrecks before it.

So I agree, these guys have to prove stuff in a hurry. Having a long term plan is great. But let's see results this year. Hopefully we do.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Maxman said:

He was going to start in the slot at cornerback. That is where he fits in this defense. The Jets drafted two safeties last year they are good, young and have no injury history. You can hate on Bowles for a million things, he has earned it, this just isn't one. I think your Honey Boo Boo crush is clouding your judgement lol.

I didnt want the Honey Badger.  But the thought that a defensive head coach cant figure out a way to get him on the field, is pretty damning. You want to disagree, cool...but it's what he said and we've legit seen this before.  It's not a shocking revelation that Todd cant figure out how to get talented Football players on the field at the same time.  Again, Sheldon Richardson played ILB for Todd Bowles.

This is a thing as much as you'd like it not to be.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Read his answers (quotes) year one to now. He has changed. He messed up early with the media and he feels scorned by it. So he is short, and terse.

Personally that is what I want from the coach.

I also want them to win football games so that is the part that will get Bowles fired soon if they don't improve. Not anything he says to the media.

agree on how bowles talks to the media. i don't care what he says as long as they win.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sooo....you are saying that because of all of that when he does say the right thing or the expected thing we should still pile on him for past digressions? We are talking ONLY about his comments in ONE session, literally has nothing to do with past pain from fans, previous coaching decisions, etc, etc, etc... That proves my point actually...it doesnt matter what he says, some people are just gonna pile on regardless. 

• Post of the Week 1
7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

besides, isn't he coming off of an injury or two?

Yes, he has had surgery on both knees.

He is also 5'4" so I would wonder about how long he will hold up. I love him as a player, I just wouldn't play him over any of our safeties.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

and dont get me wrong......I UNDERSTAND your point. I am just at a point where I have been down on this team the last few years and draft time honestly is the only time of the year where we can realistically have hope. I call them out for stupid shyt and I give them credit for things that make sense. I have not lost my objectivity despite the past 48 years of brilliance. :-) 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Sooo....you are saying that because of all of that when he does say the right thing or the expected thing we should still pile on him for past digressions? We are talking ONLY about his comments in ONE session, literally has nothing to do with past pain from fans, previous coaching decisions, etc, etc, etc... That proves my point actually...it doesnt matter what he says, some people are just gonna pile on regardless. 

I don't disagree.  I'm just explaining why that is the case and that both Bowles and Mac should have known this coming to the Jets.  We an abused fan base.  See @Maxman's post.  Spot on.  Until we become a competitive team, the HC and GM, present and future, will have to "pay for the sins of their fathers".  

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I didnt want the Honey Badger.  But the thought that a defensive head coach cant figure out a way to get him on the field, is pretty damning. You want to disagree, cool...but it's what he said and we've legit seen this before.  It's not a shocking revelation that Todd cant figure out how to get talented Football players on the field at the same time.  Again, Sheldon Richardson played ILB for Todd Bowles.

This is a thing as much as you'd like it not to be.

Okay I can answer this again. He did figure out how to get him on the field. And that was going to be in place of Buster Skrine. Not sure where else he would play on this defense.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What does whether he's a conservative coach or that you somehow feel aniseed by the Jets have to do with totally answering a question exactly as it should have been answered? 

Some of his coaching decisions have been strange to say the least, this answer wasnt.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Dcat said:

I don't disagree.  I'm just explaining why that is the case and that both Bowles and Mac should have known this coming to the Jets.  We an abused fan base.  See @Maxman's post.  Spot on.  Until we become a competitive team, the HC and GM, present and future, will have to "pay for the sins of their father's".  

lol thats kind of sad man....hahahaha we are like battered wives

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay I can answer this again. He did figure out how to get him on the field. And that was going to be in place of Buster Skrine. Not sure where else he would play on this defense.

I honestly believe they could have figured out a way to use him but it wasnt in the way the badger wanted to be used so it wasnt a good fit, plain and simple. 

• Post of the Week 3
Just now, jetspenguin said:

I honestly believe they could have figured out a way to use him but it wasnt in the way the badger wanted to be used so it wasnt a good fit, plain a simple. 

Yes, that is a good way of wording it. That is what I feel as well.

He also went to a team that has JJ Watt. Makes life in the secondary a little bit easier.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

lol thats kind of sad man....hahahaha we are like battered wives

more like battered children.  Wives can file for divorce. 

But children?  Children can't change parents, and similarly, Jets fans can't change team allegiances, even if they tried. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He basically plays Jamal at LB anyway, you telling me he couldnt push him to a Deone Buccanon type role to try and fit in Honey Badger?  Adams cant cover so this actually makes sense. 

The bottom line here and the problem is, Todd Bowles is punting on talent because he cant figure out how to get him into the game.  That's not a good thing.  What kind of coach cant figure out how to utilize talent at his disposal? 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He basically plays Jamal at LB anyway, you telling me he couldnt push him to a Deone Buccanon type role to try and fit in Honey Badger?  Adams cant cover so this actually makes sense. 

The bottom line here and the problem is, Todd Bowles is punting on talent because he cant figure out how to get him into the game.  That's not a good thing.  What kind of coach cant figure out how to utilize talent at his disposal? 

I can't believe he actually said it out loud.  Is he too dumb to realize how dumb it makes him sound?  Now my head hurts.  I think I miss the Kirk Cousins threads.  Can someone please start one again?

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Todd Bowles has played the best QB on the roster, by a large margin, every single season.  I'm not sure why it's his fault that those QBs were Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown?

Building a Champion and consistent winner isn't always about "playing the best QB at that moment".

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

Todd Bowles doesn't make the roster decisions. But let's not let that get in the way lol.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Building a Champion and consistent winner isn't always about "playing the best QB at that moment".

Agreed. I wanted McCown to not play last year at all. Just seemed pointless.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

100% agreed.  Unfortunately, Bowles also played the guys most likely to be long term solutions for the Jets.  Yes, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown are more likely to be playing meaningful football a couple years from the time they started for the Jets than Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg.

I get the frustration, I do.  But, the issue at hand here is really how bad Hack and Petty are, not the fact that Fitzpatrick and McCown started.

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Here I am starting to feel good about how good a job Mac has done so far this off season. Chris Johnson saying all the right things. 

And then Bowles speaks, and I’m reminded why we’re where we are in the first place. It’s quite scary. Now in my head I’m think it’s Darnold, Rosen then Chubb. And walk away with no QB. 

They traded up to #3 to select.......wait for it....

MINKAH FITZPATRICK

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Todd Bowles doesn't make the roster decisions. But let's not let that get in the way lol.

Todd Bowles doesnt decide who plays what and when on game day?  Huh?