New Giants GM/FO guys seem like clowns

nico002

Did any of you guys catch Gettleman and these other goons from the Giants rambling interviews during the owners meetings?

Appeared totally unprofessional, incoherent, and unprepared. 

Its like having a mix of Rex Ryan and Larry David as your GM.

Ernie Accorsi retired, and Wellington Mara died. They're the ones that hired Coughlin, drafted Eli, and built that D-Line that won them two Super Bowls. 

John Mara gets a lot of credit for what his predecessors built. He doesn't deserve it.

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Nice to see the Giants looking a little disheveled.  The "proud and tradition rich" franchise has been taking on the chin for the past year and it kinda makes me smile. 

It's gotta be weird for the New York Football Giants to be picking at 2 ahead of the freaking Jets, lol. Brandon Marshall, "I enjoyed my time with the Jets but decided I'd like to go to a team with a chance to win it all". LMAO! 

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Ernie Accorsi retired, and Wellington Mara died. They're the ones that hired Coughlin, drafted Eli, and built that D-Line that won them two Super Bowls. 

John Mara gets a lot of credit for what his predecessors built. He doesn't deserve it.

Jets fans have learned that just because Woody is a dope doesn't mean that Chris is equally idiotic.  Similarly, just because Wellington knew what he was doing that John is similarly competent. 

9 hours ago, sourceworx said:

John Mara is an awful owner who is living off the family name.  His track record on-and-off the field is atrocious. 

From sticking with Reese way to long, the scapegoating of Coughlin (who rightly snubbed Mara in the farewell news conference) to knowing signing a wife beater to the Eli benching debacle. He doesn't get is just criticism because of his last name.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Meanwhile our GM looks like he buys his bagels from Dunkin Donuts, so let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I'm not going to compare Gettleman to Macc considering Gettleman has a good track record.  But John Mara is pure trash.

Just now, SMC said:

I'm not going to compare Gettleman to Macc considering Gettleman has a good track record.  But John Mara is pure trash.

Yeah, at the very least Woody and the Jets do their dirt in the open with guys like Sheldon or Anderson. The Brown incident is one of the skeeviest things I have ever seen. That was some dark sh*t.

Gettleman is here to serve as a hatchet man and transition the roster out of the Eli era. He’s going to draft a QB at 2, trade OBJ for a haul, cut or trade Eli within the next 24 months, and eventually hand the team over to one of his underlings. Whether or not he’s a goofball is immaterial.

29 minutes ago, sciond said:

I have watched Gettleman work here in the QC, He did a good job of building the Panthers..with a few errors along the way. At the end of the Gettlemama> Mac

Gettleman inherited a roster with Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly.  As they both became elite, the team did well.  His drafts didnt make the franchise all that better.  

Lotuleilei, Benjamin, Shaq Thompson, and Vernon Butler are not the stars for the Panthers.

All he did was release or trade all their WRs and shut down corner.  That team made the SB despite him.

17 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Gettleman inherited a roster with Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly.  As they both became elite, the team did well.  His drafts didnt make the franchise all that better.  

Lotuleilei, Benjamin, Shaq Thompson, and Vernon Butler are not the stars for the Panthers.

All he did was release or trade all their WRs and shut down corner.  That team made the SB despite him.

I disagree. he cleaned up their salary issues and built a pretty deep 53 man roster..like I said a few mistakes such as Norman leaving. He made a bunch of really free agent signings as well

11 hours ago, sciond said:

I disagree. he cleaned up their salary issues and built a pretty deep 53 man roster..like I said a few mistakes such as Norman leaving. He made a bunch of really free agent signings as well

He inherited one of the games most explosive offensive players and arguably the best defensive player in the league.  Not hard to fill in the roster when you have those two filled.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2018 at 6:57 AM, Pcola said:

He inherited one of the games most explosive offensive players and arguably the best defensive player in the league.  Not hard to fill in the roster when you have those two filled.  

And you think Mac could do that?

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, Pcola said:

That SB roster was mostly built when he took over, he added some pieces but the core was in place.  All gettleman really did was tear it down. There's a reason he was fired less than 1 year after a SB app.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:36 PM, sciond said:

I have watched Gettleman work here in the QC, He did a good job of building the Panthers..with a few errors along the way. At the end of the Gettlemama> Mac

I think it's cute that you call him Gettlemama.  Quite Cute. :P 

On 3/28/2018 at 6:24 PM, 20andOut said:

Media keeps talking about how Gettleman was perfect GM for Giants but yet you hear everybody in Carolina hated him???????????????????

Being hated is not necessarily the sign of a bad GM.  His people skills are apparently lacking, but that is not the most important quality in a GM.  He was with the Giants for 15 years before he went to Carolina - from the late 1990's through 2012, so he contributed to the super bowl wins. 

I despise the Giants as much as anyone else but we have Todd Bowles as our HC LOL, have Josh McCown as our QB last season and probably this upcoming season to start as well, have gone 5-11 the last 2 years in a row and rewarded that $hit with contract extensions, have no players in the same universe as Eli Manning, O'dick, Sheppard, and Engram, yet you are laughing at the Giants? No wonder everyone hates us Jet fans! 

I could see criticizing and laughing at them if we were ever good but really, on paper right now, we are still the worst team in the NFL, and should keep our collective mouths shut until we do something positive like maybe win a division, or god forbid play a home playoff game at least. Don't forget their whole team was injured last season which accounts for the poor record. They did win 11 games the year prior.

Losers like us SHOULD BE HUMBLE. Just my opinion.

30 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I despise the Giants as much as anyone else but we have Todd Bowles as our HC LOL, have Josh McCown as our QB last season and probably this upcoming season to start as well, have gone 5-11 the last 2 years in a row and rewarded that $hit with contract extensions, have no players in the same universe as Eli Manning, O'dick, Sheppard, and Engram, yet you are laughing at the Giants? No wonder everyone hates us Jet fans! 

I could see criticizing and laughing at them if we were ever good but really, on paper right now, we are still the worst team in the NFL, and should keep our collective mouths shut until we do something positive like maybe win a division, or god forbid play a home playoff game at least. Don't forget their whole team was injured last season which accounts for the poor record. They did win 11 games the year prior.

Losers like us SHOULD BE HUMBLE. Just my opinion.

Josh McCown last year was better than Eli has been at any point from 2012-2017.  No we don't have an Odell but w/ that great Eli Manning and Odell healthy they scored 17 PPg 2 years ago.  we have more young talent than the giants but none on the level of Odell but Odell provides as many headaches as he does cheers and his contract is going to be a killer for them.

we started a complete rebuild after the 2016 season and it's going pretty damn good.  The giants went FA crazy 2 years ago to rebuild their D.  The D carried them to a postseason then fell back to being crappy and they need almost a complete rebuild yet are using the old band aid approach like we used to do.

we are in a MUCH better situation than the giants right now.  we have more young talent and will have the most cap space in the league next year. if we finally solve our QB problems we are going to be really good for a long time.

I agree on Bowles, I don't think he is good but there aren't any guarantees he will be here long term and their HC is already a one time failure as a HC.

2 hours ago, sciond said:

And you think Mac could do that?

If given a roster with an NFL MVP at QB and a top 3 defensive player year in and year out, yes.  It’s not hard to build pieces around your super stars.  

The problem we have is that we don’t have any elite players on either side of the ball.  They draft the safe players.  Doesn’t mean it’s a bad philosophy but Williams, Lee, and Adams are exactly what we thought we were getting.Williams and Adams are good players but neither are game changers, players that OCs have to plan around.

But add Williams and Adams to a defense that has JJ Watt or Von Miller and they are much better.

Archived