Kiper Mock 3.0

prime21

There is no way I see the Bills passing on both Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph with first or second 1st round pick.  They desperately need a quarterback and no guarantee either makes it to the second round. 

Calvin Ridley to the Falcons would be a true steal.   I can see the Cowboys taking him at 19 to give Dak another weapon in the passing game. 

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

There is no way I see the Bills passing on both Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph with first or second 1st round pick.  They desperately need a quarterback and no guarantee either makes it to the second round. 

Calvin Ridley to the Falcons would be a true steal.   I can see the Cowboys taking him at 19 to give Dak another weapon in the passing game. 

the wrs are kinda weak, it's what's missing in this draft, true #1 wrs.  the players from 10-25 or 30 seem kinda similar, just take the positions you need.  i can see why teams like indy and maybe the giants are hesitant to trade that far back, like to 12.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I get the sense he's kicking the tires and would love to take Barkley - who woudn't - or trade out,  but when push comes to shove he'll make the smart choice.  I think Allen fits them best but really no idea!

Good point,  if the Gints were taking a QB why not allen?  Chances are slim any QB they draft would start in 2018 anyway

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

heard it on Boomer this morning - really wasn't the point though - this isn't an OBJ thread - and I have no interest in discussing him.  Point was that barring something ridiculous happening the Giants are taking a QB.

They are not likely to be anywhere near this draft slot again for a very long time.  What's it been, like 25+ years?  They would be insane not to hedge their bets at QB by drafting one.  The wheels came off Peyton in a hurry and I see no reason the believe that Huckleberry will be any different.  Even if they were to make out like bandits trading OBJ (which I do not think they will) why waste draft currency by being forced to trade up in some future draft?

2 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

They are not likely to be anywhere near this draft slot again for a very long time.  What's it been, like 25+ years?  They would be insane not to hedge their bets at QB by drafting one.  The wheels came off Peyton in a hurry and I see no reason the believe that Huckleberry will be any different.  Even if they were to make out like bandits trading OBJ (which I do not think they will) why waste draft currency by being forced to trade up in some future draft?

Well to be precise it's been 14 years.  Granted it was #5, but it was close enough to get their guy.  And the way this team is built right now, they could be back there again fairly soon.  They have some good players but they also have a lot of holes, and their strength - WR has a lot of risk factors as well.  

10 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Funny that Mel has had Allen as Cleveland's pick at #1 right from the beginning. Never wavered.

It’s a little weird how much of a hard on Kiper has had this off season for Allen. He’s defended everything about him. 

Thats history now? Just.....wuttt?!

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Well to be precise it's been 14 years.  Granted it was #5, but it was close enough to get their guy.  And the way this team is built right now, they could be back there again fairly soon.  They have some good players but they also have a lot of holes, and their strength - WR has a lot of risk factors as well.  

I was referring to the last time they were at #2 which was even farther back in 1981.  I don't think they are a single 1st round pick away from being a serious SB contender.  I try to nail down my QB of the future while I have the chance.  I don't think "going for it" with Eli precludes this.  They are more than one off-season from filling the many holes they have and can have Darnold ready to go when they do so.  The Giants making another SB run with Eli is a pipe dream.  Anyway, f*ck 'em.

I guess Mel Kiper needs to come up with mock drafts every week to keep his readership. 

That said, I think the Giants are going with Barkley with the second pick. I'd be surprised if they went QB, but I guess it's not impossible. I don't think there are any teams that have enough to offer to trade down with. The Jets would have been the best team to do that with.

Archived