I have a feeling.....

JOJOTOWNSELL

Macs drafts have had one common thread.  All his picks have been no brainers.  Williams was supposed to go higher and dropped into his lap, adams was supposed to go higher and dropped into his lap.

i believe that somehow, someway this trend will hold to form and Darnold will drop into his lap.  Don’t ask me why, don’t ask me how.....it’s just a very strong hunch. Macc is a lucky bastid when it comes to the first round

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Macs drafts have had one common thread.  All his picks have been no brainers.  Williams was supposed to go higher and dropped into his lap, adams was supposed to go higher and dropped into his lap.

i believe that somehow, someway this trend will hold to form and Darnold will drop into his lap.  Don’t ask me why, don’t ask me how.....it’s just a very strong hunch. Macc is a lucky bastid when it comes to the first round

I dont think he will pick him. Maybe he trades back. I am convinced he picks Mayfield.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

great another usc qb

said no Jets fan, ever 

For a draft insider, you sure use a lot of absolutes in your opinions about players. You’re really that certain that both Darnold AND Rosen will be huge busts? I think that you’re going to be very wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

For a draft insider, you sure use a lot of absolutes in your opinions about players. You’re really that certain that both Darnold AND Rosen will be huge busts? I think that you’re going to be very wrong. 

I am not a draft insider I am a draft fan who has been driven insane by the New York Jets. Class action suit pending. 

And since you asked a bust isn't absolute on the player. It's a match between player and team. These 5 star Southern California guys have a tendency of arriving in the swamps of New Jersey and being like 'oh sh*t.'  Maybe they have great careers somewhere else. I just don't like them here.

4 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

The Brain Knows ! Nice job Bobby.

6 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Are either Williams or Adams true game-changers, playmakers?  Because I don’t think they are.  If you come up with less than that picking at 6, I’d call that somewhat of a failure.  I think most Jet fans have been so beaten down by the horrifically poor drafting by multiple regimes, that when you finally pick up a guy who actually sees the field for most of the games and performs just adequately, the fans then totally over rate what they have seen.  It’s not just Maccagnan, I’d say the Jets have practically Nothing to show for the LAST 7 YEARS OF DRAFTS.

Let me know if you think Adams was the right pick when Mahomes is lighting up the entire league this year.  Watson was throwing 3 TDs a game on average before getting hurt.  Either one should have been the pick last year, and the Jets would still have all those 2’s.  But Maccagnan knew if he was wrong on that 1st Rd QB, that’s the kiss of death for any GM not named Elway.  The guy holds his b*lls before every pick.  This year will be the same when he takes Mayfield over Allen.  In Allen he would be too terrified of Hackenberg comparisons.  People like to bring up Rosen’s injury history.....virtually NO ONE talks about Mayfield’s 2 concussions.  I’m just as wary of a Mayfield pick as an Allen pick.  There is only 1 Drew Brees.

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That some Greg McElroy logic right there

Maybe it wasn't the college maybe it was beaver falls PA. Curtis Martin from PA. Revis from PA

Draft saquon Barkley

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

They’re from Pitt...the ONLY thing you ever want to draft from Penn St is a LB (see Thomas, Blair...and many more).

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I think he is lucky all right. Lucky to still have a job.

Nowhere else but the NY Jets Mom & Pop Shop, would Maccagnan have kept his job.

McAdoo actually made the playoffs his 1st year.  Giants didn’t even let him see his entire 2nd year.  I could see Maccagnan/Bowles squeezing 6 years out of Jet ownership and the roster will look just as barren as the day they got their jobs 6 YEARS prior haha.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Blair Thomas I believe that's checkmate. Well played sir

Thank you.

It’s not all bad, from Penn St, Greg Buttle...Lance Mehl, place is great for LBs as other teams know.

But you’re really rolling some warped dice if you try picking ANY other position with a high draft choice from there..TE Kyle Brady over Sapp (I win another game of chess).  Todd Blacklege QB in that 1983 QB draft, KC sure regretted that.  There are tons more I can’t remember.

Barkley has all great athletic measurables, but I saw an interesting post where he never hit the 100 yards rushing marker in over 60 PERCENT of his career at Penn St.  I also read another post where he supposedly has a very bad time when he gets any type of contact behind the line of scrimmage.  I won’t lie and say I’ve seen much of his play, because I haven’t.  He just might not be the “All World, once in a Generation” back people are trying to sell him as though.

9 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

I'll buy this for a dollar.

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

That some Greg McElroy logic right there

Maybe it wasn't the college maybe it was beaver falls PA. Curtis Martin from PA. Revis from PA

Draft saquon Barkley

Barkley is from Central PA, not the Pittsburgh area like the other guys. So, he'll obviously be hot garbage in the NFL.

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Thank you.

It’s not all bad, from Penn St, Greg Buttle...Lance Mehl, place is great for LBs as other teams know.

But you’re really rolling some warped dice if you try picking ANY other position with a high draft choice from there..TE Kyle Brady over Sapp (I win another game of chess).  Todd Blacklege QB in that 1983 QB draft, KC sure regretted that.  There are tons more I can’t remember.

Barkley has all great athletic measurables, but I saw an interesting post where he never hit the 100 yards rushing marker in over 60 PERCENT of his career at Penn St.  I also read another post where he supposedly has a very bad time when he gets any type of contact behind the line of scrimmage.  I won’t lie and say I’ve seen much of his play, because I haven’t.  He just might not be the “All World, once in a Generation” back people are trying to sell him as though.

Pitt has far more draft hits on great NFL players than Penn State. Even now when Pitt is not doing well, it's players excel in the NFL over PSU.

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Thank you.

Barkley could be great in the NFL, but only if you use him like Reggie Bush. He simply does not break tackles. He can make a guy miss and run past, around, and over tacklers, but he does not shed tacklers. It's odd since he is so big and strong, but who cares. Let someone else run between the tackles and Barkley can have a long career attacking the edges and being used in space as a big play back. He is an excellent receiver and essentially uncoverable. Like Gronk, but in the backfield.

Archived