Forum on Antonio Callaway

maury77

14 hours ago, C Mart said:

Wide receiver Antonio Callaway
Projection: Signed as an undrafted free agent
Analysis: “He’s a disaster. I don’t think he’s going to get drafted; I really don’t. Two weeks ago, I said that there were new red flags. Now, NFL.com is reporting that he admitted to smoking weed during the combine. I think, in part, he was afraid that he may get caught, may have failed the drug test at the combine, which some people have told me he did. … I don’t think he gets drafted. Let’s put it this way: [Demarcus Robinson] was more talented, didn’t have as many problems, and he went in the fourth round. [Callaway would be] a top-45 pick [without red flags].”

OnlyGators.com ? Florida Gators news (@onlygators)

4/24/18, 7:13 PM

Just as the Antonio Callaway news dropped, here's our detailed look at the Florida #Gators available in #NFLDraft2018. Thanks to @TonyPauline for analyzing the class yet again. bit.ly/2HXQiKc

I heart Demarcus Robinson

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

4/25/18, 1:24 PM

Just spoke with remorseful #UF WR Antonio Callaway regarding his drug test at the Combine. He said he smoked weeks before but vowed “I take full responsibility for everything.” Callaway said Antonio Brown counseled him “There is too much opportunity to be messing up."

• 3 months later...

New Browns starter Antonio Callaway was cited for marijuana possession on Sunday morning

3:08 PM ET

Tony Grossi ESPN Cleveland

Editor's note: Tony Grossi covers the Cleveland Browns for ESPN 850 WKNR.

Browns rookie receiver Antonio Callaway was promoted to the team’s starting offense on Monday.

The day before, Callaway was stopped in his vehicle for a traffic violation at 2:59 a.m. by Strongsville police and cited for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license.

Callaway came to the Browns with a checkered past. He was suspended his last season at Florida for involvement in a credit card fraud case. After declaring for the draft, he tested positive for marijuana at the NFL scouting combine in February.

According to the police incident report obtained by ESPN Cleveland, Callaway was driving his vehicle and was stopped at 2:59 a.m. on Aug. 5 when officer Eric Schubert observed him failing to yield to oncoming traffic while turning onto Howe Road.

Callaway’s driver’s license was found to be suspended. Schubert also found “a small amount” of marijuana under the driver’s seat, per the report.

According to Deputy Chief John Janowski, the amount of marijuana was small enough to be regarded as a minor misdemeanor under Ohio law.

Callaway was picked up by a family member, per the report, and Callaway was cited to Strongsville Mayor’s Court at 9:30 Thursday morning.

The Browns may not have been aware of the incident.

ESPN Cleveland was waiting for the team to comment.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

New Browns starter Antonio Callaway was cited for marijuana possession on Sunday morning

3:08 PM ET

Tony Grossi ESPN Cleveland

Editor's note: Tony Grossi covers the Cleveland Browns for ESPN 850 WKNR.

Browns rookie receiver Antonio Callaway was promoted to the team’s starting offense on Monday.

The day before, Callaway was stopped in his vehicle for a traffic violation at 2:59 a.m. by Strongsville police and cited for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license.

Callaway came to the Browns with a checkered past. He was suspended his last season at Florida for involvement in a credit card fraud case. After declaring for the draft, he tested positive for marijuana at the NFL scouting combine in February.

According to the police incident report obtained by ESPN Cleveland, Callaway was driving his vehicle and was stopped at 2:59 a.m. on Aug. 5 when officer Eric Schubert observed him failing to yield to oncoming traffic while turning onto Howe Road.

Callaway’s driver’s license was found to be suspended. Schubert also found “a small amount” of marijuana under the driver’s seat, per the report.

According to Deputy Chief John Janowski, the amount of marijuana was small enough to be regarded as a minor misdemeanor under Ohio law.

Callaway was picked up by a family member, per the report, and Callaway was cited to Strongsville Mayor’s Court at 9:30 Thursday morning.

The Browns may not have been aware of the incident.

ESPN Cleveland was waiting for the team to comment.

What a mess.  Shame.  Kid has ridiculous talent.  

Archived