Jets Claim TE Clive Walford

JetNation

Bowles is pissed at Mac for using jets first 3 picks this yr ( and 1 next ) to acquire a qb who probably won’t even start this yr. You know he is telling mac he will punch him square in the nose if he dares picks a offensive player rounds 3/4 so pick up all the scraps for O before draft ha 

6 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Hoping Leggett is legit. Would be a great bonus after being forgotten about 

Sterling looked pretty good in the very limited time he was allowed to play. Instead of playing bench players and see what we had, Bowles acted like jets for playing for Super Bowl trying to get that 6th win ha. Wonder how many more picks we would have had to give away if Bowles achieved his goal of 6 wins

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Sterling looked pretty good in the very limited time he was allowed to play. Instead of playing bench players and see what we had, Bowles acted like jets for playing for Super Bowl trying to get that 6th win ha. Wonder how many more picks we would have had to give away if Bowles achieved his goal of 6 wins

Agreed, however Leggett was injured all season so can't blame Bowles for that. Hate giving up those picks, and yes, in hindsight if we would have lost we wouldn't have had to give up anything for the third pick but I don't blame Bowles, it was an unexpected early season record where we were in it. I believe we were 3-4 (?) and lost a (few) game (s) we should have won. Water under the bridge. Is what it is. Bowles players (mostly) showed up and played hard. We were in most games. Time to move forward. 

How many months until ASJ weighs 282 lbs? I’m kinda ok we met him go but enjoyed the narrative arc he was on

we needed an nfl body at TE and now we got one

Jets just don’t really give a F about the position and I don’t disagree much- I like what they did w enunwa a couple years ago

Year 4 of macs reign.
No TE threat, no rb threat, no wr threat, highly dubious oline, no pass rushers at all.  But hey our new Qb will have weaponzzzzzz galore.
It's the Jets cycle. Every 4-5 years of roster building only to repeat it with someone else but the results remain the same. Vicious cycle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lol I think this a upgrade over ASJ tbh at worst same caliber of player . He put up ASJ numbers on way less catches his 2 previous numbers.  His career 11 ypc is very solid . But he is way more natural at route running and catching the ball than ASJ imo

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol I think this a upgrade over ASJ tbh at worst same caliber of player . He put up ASJ numbers on way less catches his 2 previous numbers.  His career 11 ypc is very solid . But he is way more natural at route running and catching the ball than ASJ imo

He’s inifinitely better at run blocking as well. 

Absolutely no downside to this move, when looking at their numbers there's no
difference between Walford and Seferian-Jenkins:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2512593/clive-walford

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16795/austin-seferian-jenkins

But instead of paying Seferian-Jenkins 4-5 million a year we get Walford for
2 million 

18 hours ago, Paradis said:

*yawn* ... Clive and Jordan are the same person. Underwhelming players. They can't do anything well, per say, and have gotten by based on athletic ability in College. Neither are natural receivers. They're OK, but not natural ball catch artists. They both suck at blocking. They survive on mismatches running sloppy digs and slices. 

TE2  

Edit* i take back the tone (not the assessment). He doesn't move the needle much, but the roster better with him than before. We still need a TE1. Wish Goedert was going to make it rnd 3 for us. Not a chance now. 

Leggett got hurt halfway through his rookie season... geez, Jets fans are getting worse by the day on how fast they give up on players.

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Leggett got hurt halfway through his rookie season... geez, Jets fans are getting worse by the day on how fast they give up on players.

Probably some truth to this, why not hope for better, than worse...  I just, wasn't a fan of his to begin with and last year was as underwhelming as it gets, injuries or not. 

TEs are not going to have a prominent role in his Shanahan-ian offense run by Bates & Dennison.

They will function as added blockers to the run side and as decoys for the play-action fakes and bootlegs only to then serve as an auxiliary valve for the QB on drag routes and check downs. 

Pretty much Tony Scheffler's career and function while playing w/the Broncos. 

The Jets have the perfect TE for whatever offense they wish to run in Tomlinson .  He blocks well and he catches the ball when it's thrown to him . The other thing is he doesn't commit many stupid penalties .  If this cat Walford can be like that, then he would be a welcome addition to the room .

Everyone wants an all world player at every position, but all I want are players who will do they darn job . Block when you're supposed to block and catch the ball when it's thrown to you .

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The Jets have the perfect TE for whatever offense they wish to run in Tomlinson .  He blocks well and he catches the ball when it's thrown to him . The other thing is he doesn't commit many stupid penalties .  If this cat Walford can be like that, then he would be a welcome addition to the room .

Everyone wants an all world player at every position, but all I want are players who will do they darn job . Block when you're supposed to block and catch the ball when it's thrown to you .

THat's ALL he needs to do to make the cut in this offense. 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

I disagree. We will see how Leggett recovers after a full year+ off and surgery to fix the issue.

I watched Neal Sterling in just about every home game he played at Monmouth University I know what I saw. 

He showed some flash in the last game of the 2017 season vs NE . 

He has what it takes to be a successful TE/WR in the NFL. 

Archived