Poll: Make the Pick at 3

bitonti

NYJ at 3  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming CLE goes Josh Allen and NYG goes Sam Darnold, who do you pick at 3 for the Jets?

• QB Josh Rosen, UCLA
    • QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    • RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
    • OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
    • ER Bradley Chubb, NC State
    • Other - post name in comments

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I would think Rosen has the lowest floor of the 4.  There's a pretty good chance he doesn't play more than 3 or 4 years.

putting the 2 concussions aside - he's been injured since HS, hasn't completed each of the past two seasons....and already has an injury to his throwing shoulder.  With an already average at best arm - adding shoulder injuries to that is scary...

Mayfield is the right choice and it's not even close.

So you would take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers? The most naturally gifted thrower is Rosen. I think the Jets taking a short QB over a more talented big QB is slim to none. The biggest reason for that IMO is Mayfield has never played under center. Rosen is much further along in his development and could easily play this year. I don't dislike Mayfield, only think he won't be nearly as good in the NFL as Rosen. 

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So you would take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers? The most naturally gifted thrower is Rosen. I think the Jets taking a short QB over a more talented big QB is slim to none. The biggest reason for that IMO is Mayfield has never played under center. Rosen is much further along in his development and could easily play this year. 

What does Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson have to do with Josh Rosen being oft-injured?

btw...I would take Allen over Mayfield.

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

So you would take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers? The most naturally gifted thrower is Rosen. I think the Jets taking a short QB over a more talented big QB is slim to none. The biggest reason for that IMO is Mayfield has never played under center. Rosen is much further along in his development and could easily play this year. I don't dislike Mayfield, only think he won't be nearly as good in the NFL as Rosen. 

Rogers and Wilson have the same number of Super Bowl wins :)

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Basically, we get Rosen as long as the Giants (or a team they trade to) don't favor him over Allen. To me, it's 50-50 whether that will actually be the case. 

I still don't believe that we actually favor Mayfield over Rosen.  

i think this is where we're at and nothing more complex.  as much as i like mayfield i can't see the jets taking him over rosen who really offers a lot as a starting qb, and this is before they even get him in the weight room to add muscle to him.  

i think the giants when all is said and done will not trade back unless it's with someone like denver where they're still getting one of the top players.  the giants can get a rb in the 2nd round who is good, so i think it's chubb or a qb and truth, if they trade obj they can take a qb and still stock up.  

18 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Josh Rosen

Take the technician with good size and arm strength, and don't look back.  He is the type of quarterback who masters his craft and goes on to be a true franchise player like Rodgers, Ryan, and Manning.  In my opinion, he has the highest floor of any of the top quarterbacks in this year's draft.

Totally agree

Archived