bitonti

Poll: Make the Pick at 3

Rate this topic

NYJ at 3  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming CLE goes Josh Allen and NYG goes Sam Darnold, who do you pick at 3 for the Jets?

• QB Josh Rosen, UCLA
    • QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    • RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
    • OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
    • ER Bradley Chubb, NC State
    • Other - post name in comments

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

rosen also is not an inept athlete, he can slide in the pocket and run if he has to.  you just don't want him taking shots.  this is a no brainer.  rosen is considered by some to be the best qb in the draft.

the real question is, if the giants take rosen or trade the pick to buffalo who takes rosen, do the jets take allen or mayfield?

Good point on Rosen.

I'll add that Rosen has been pegged as intellectually advanced.  He's played in a Pro-style Offense where he's had to recognize protections.

I pray he's available.

26 minutes ago, slats said:

Rosen's floor is probably Sam Bradford: talented when he's on the field, but he's not on the field enough. Allen's floor is Jake Locker. 

Agreed....That's what I belive we'll be getting in Rosen.  As far as I'm concerned that's even worse than a bust.

Year after year - waiting for him finally to be healthy.  Can be 5 or 6 years before you finally move on.

Honestly, I just don't see Rosen getting through a 16 game NFL season - let alone playoffs.

1 minute ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Good point on Rosen.

I'll add that Rosen has been pegged as intellectually advanced.  He's played in a Pro-style Offense where he's had to recognize protections.

I pray he's available.

the way i see it, if the browns take allen, the giants will take darnold and we will get rosen.  if the browns take darnold, the giants can do many things with the pick - take allen, trade to buffalo who could take allen, or take barkley or chubb - and again the jets would probably get rosen.  

I'm starting to think Baker is the guy we take if its between him and Rosen.   Rosen is the better player with the injury history.  Baker is an exciting player with some off field issues.   You plant a flag in the middle of the field at Ohio State?  That mean you come in and right away say F U BRADY!!! Mac needs excitement and attention. 

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I'm starting to think Baker is the guy we take if its between him and Rosen.   Rosen is the better player with the injury history.  Baker is an exciting player with some off field issues.   You plant a flag in the middle of the field at Ohio State?  That mean you come in and right away say F U BRADY!!! Mac needs excitement and attention. 

That is the trade off, and the Johnsons make that pick.  Do they want to watch Rosen lead the Broncos to the playoffs for the next 10 years?  The broncos will know how to protect him, and they still have their second round pick for linemen. 

The Jets are screwed both ways.  If they pick Mayfield, the Broncos will be a better team with Rosen for a long time.  If they pick Rosen, he gets the coaches fired and either retires early or pulls a Cousins and leaves.  

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I would think Rosen has the lowest floor of the 4.  There's a pretty good chance he doesn't play more than 3 or 4 years.

putting the 2 concussions aside - he's been injured since HS, hasn't completed each of the past two seasons....and already has an injury to his throwing shoulder.  With an already average at best arm - adding shoulder injuries to that is scary...

Mayfield is the right choice and it's not even close.

So you would take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers? The most naturally gifted thrower is Rosen. I think the Jets taking a short QB over a more talented big QB is slim to none. The biggest reason for that IMO is Mayfield has never played under center. Rosen is much further along in his development and could easily play this year. I don't dislike Mayfield, only think he won't be nearly as good in the NFL as Rosen. 

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So you would take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers? The most naturally gifted thrower is Rosen. I think the Jets taking a short QB over a more talented big QB is slim to none. The biggest reason for that IMO is Mayfield has never played under center. Rosen is much further along in his development and could easily play this year. 

What does Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson have to do with Josh Rosen being oft-injured?

btw...I would take Allen over Mayfield.

I've been a Rosen guy, since the beginning. Can't change now. My order is still: 1) Rosen, 2) Darnold, and 3) Mayfield, with Allen a distant (4). 

Basically, we get Rosen as long as the Giants (or a team they trade to) don't favor him over Allen. To me, it's 50-50 whether that will actually be the case. 

I still don't believe that we actually favor Mayfield over Rosen.  

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

So you would take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers? The most naturally gifted thrower is Rosen. I think the Jets taking a short QB over a more talented big QB is slim to none. The biggest reason for that IMO is Mayfield has never played under center. Rosen is much further along in his development and could easily play this year. I don't dislike Mayfield, only think he won't be nearly as good in the NFL as Rosen. 

Rogers and Wilson have the same number of Super Bowl wins :)

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Basically, we get Rosen as long as the Giants (or a team they trade to) don't favor him over Allen. To me, it's 50-50 whether that will actually be the case. 

I still don't believe that we actually favor Mayfield over Rosen.  

i think this is where we're at and nothing more complex.  as much as i like mayfield i can't see the jets taking him over rosen who really offers a lot as a starting qb, and this is before they even get him in the weight room to add muscle to him.  

i think the giants when all is said and done will not trade back unless it's with someone like denver where they're still getting one of the top players.  the giants can get a rb in the 2nd round who is good, so i think it's chubb or a qb and truth, if they trade obj they can take a qb and still stock up.  

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I would be happy with either of Rosen or Mayfield.

Same, although I'd be happier with Rosen. 

Rosen and Mayfield seem pretty safe and solid to me. I want Rosen. Maybe they're not super high on Mayfield's pure talent level. From the perspective of watching the soap opera the best pick is clearly Allen, like I wouldn't even be mad

18 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Josh Rosen

Take the technician with good size and arm strength, and don't look back.  He is the type of quarterback who masters his craft and goes on to be a true franchise player like Rodgers, Ryan, and Manning.  In my opinion, he has the highest floor of any of the top quarterbacks in this year's draft.

Totally agree

If it goes Allen then Darnold I think it's a no brainer. You take Rosen and thank god the board fell exactly the way you wanted it to when you traded up.

(and this is coming from someone who likes Mayfield.)