What’s going on in NE?

NYallDay

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle Lauletta May Be the Real Leader of This Year's NFL Draft Quarterback Class

MIKE TANIERAPRIL 3, 2018

South Squad Kyle Lauletta, of Richmond, during the South's team practice Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018, in Mobile, Ala., for Saturday's Senior Bowl NCAA college football game. (AP Photo/Butch Dill)
Butch Dill/Associated Press

Let's start by addressing the elephant in the room: Kyle Lauletta is an FCS phenom and offseason all-star whose resume looks a lot like Jimmy Garoppolo's if you don't dig too far. He played lacrosse in addition to football in high school. Both his father (a quarterback) and uncle (a punter) played at Navy, where Bill Belichick's father, Steve Belichick, served as a scout and assistant coach.

Lacrosse? Navy ties? Garoppolo similarities? We might as well pencil Lauletta in as a Patriots draft pick and heir apparent to Tom Brady, right?

Lauletta won't turn that opportunity down by any means. But he isn't buying the narrative, either.

@AdamSchefter: Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft an...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet they’re looking at packaging that pick and their own first to trade up for a QB they want mid 1st rd. Brady ain’t getting any younger.

I'm amazed they got that pick from the Rams.  I guess they can't afford Beckham so this was their solution.  Surprised because I'm not sure Cooks is really worth more than any of the WRs the could have gotten there.  They seem all-in for this year though.

If they trade gronk before draft, they will have plenty of ammunition to trade up pretty much anywhere if they want. Barkley would be nasty for them. And for us. I know bellicheat is pissed he had to give away garrapollo for peanuts, wonder if he is looking to draft another protege. Brady is rumored to retire in 2 yrs.

I'm amazed they got that pick from the Rams.  I guess they can't afford Beckham so this was their solution.  Surprised because I'm not sure Cooks is really worth more than any of the WRs the could have gotten there.  They seem all-in for this year though.

Interesting though about Beckham....maybe the Pats trade tat pick from the Rams and something else even and trade for Beckham themselves?

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Guess Beckham isn't Ram bound. Rams are looking pretty legit. Shocked the Rams gave up a 1 for Cooks though.

10 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Interesting though about Beckham....maybe the Pats trade tat pick from the Rams and something else even and trade for Beckham themselves?

Interesting indeed. The Patriots now have the 2 1st round picks it would take to acquire OBJ from the Giants .  This would also give the Giants 3 1st round picks in this draft and the ability to wheel and deal if they so choose    

12 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I can't imagine the Giants trading Beckham to the pats. Then again, them Giants sure are a clown show of an organization now. SOG. Am I right, guys? 

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Interesting indeed. The Patriots now have the 2 1st round picks it would take to acquire OBJ from the Giants .  This would also give the Giants 3 1st round picks in this draft and the ability to wheel and deal if they so choose    

Oh crap. Thats kind of a scary thought. 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Bill bellickek is not going to spend $20 million a year on a reciever.

They will take ridley at 20 and a top tight end at 31.  And they will be even better on offense next year.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bill bellickek is not going to spend $20 million a year on a reciever.

They will take ridley at 20 and a top tight end at 31.  And they will be even better on offense next year.

He doesn't have too. OBJ is playing on his rookie deal and still cheap . The Patriots could use him to cement Brady and Beli's legacy and do what they did with Cooks . 1 year rental .

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Picks after 20 are no different from 2nd round picks in my opinion. This move makes them less competitive 

I strongly disagree. 1st rounders have the 5th round option which makes them significantly more valuable. Hit on the first pick in the 2nd round and you are looking at an unrestricted FA after 4 years - for example Landon Collins next offseason. Giants are going to have to ante up next year.  Meanwhile, guys picked in the 1st like Byron Jones are subject to the teams's 5th year option and are more easily traded - like Marcus Peters or Odell Beckham.

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Image result for dammit gifs

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

He doesn't have too. OBJ is playing on his rookie deal and still cheap . The Patriots could use him to cement Brady and Beli's legacy and do what they did with Cooks . 1 year rental .

How could anyone think bellichek would put up with beckums antics?  Come on guys.

32 minutes ago, pointman said:

I can't imagine the Giants trading Beckham to the pats. Then again, them Giants sure are a clown show of an organization now. SOG. Am I right, guys? 

Giants owned pats when Brady was in his prime, they aren’t worried about pats now ha. Brady willl be retired time giants could even dream of getting competitive for another run. Most teams do like to trade their stars to opposing leagues, which would be an afc team for giants ?

1 minute ago, pointman said:

As scared as I am right now, which is plenty, I don't think they have enough to get into the top 2 picks to get him. 

Well sounds like the draft picture is pretty clear inside the NFL circles 1 Allen 2 Darnold 3 Mayfield so Pats basically trick Dorsey into Gronk maybe at 4?

Rosen makes sense.

I wonder if Belichick would take Lamar Jackson? Not your typical Belichick qb but I bet explosive in New England. New England has interviewed Johnny Manziel twice, before and after his recent throwing sessions. It's all bizarre plotting from the Dark One.

Damn,  Belichick finding Brady's successor is a nightmare...

Archived