What’s going on in NE?

NYallDay

It would be a shocker if the Patriots traded up. It's not in his DNA. But probably they will select a Qb. Jimmy G didn't play very much but it turned out pretty good for him financially. Of course when on the field he helped his cause a lot. And other backups for Brady have at least gotten a chance and contracts. But Brady is probably done in two years no matter what he says. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle Lauletta May Be the Real Leader of This Year's NFL Draft Quarterback Class

MIKE TANIERAPRIL 3, 2018

hi-res-2056c804bc2b20123c7fd2b6cd23fa82_crop_north.jpg?h=533%26w=800%26q=70%26crop_x=center%26crop_y=top&key=7d709f763cb9b7bd600a564d07e11c515b6a1efc34cd839e2b5a7178b9f7741cButch Dill/Associated Press

Let's start by addressing the elephant in the room: Kyle Lauletta is an FCS phenom and offseason all-star whose resume looks a lot like Jimmy Garoppolo's if you don't dig too far. He played lacrosse in addition to football in high school. Both his father (a quarterback) and uncle (a punter) played at Navy, where Bill Belichick's father, Steve Belichick, served as a scout and assistant coach.

Lacrosse? Navy ties? Garoppolo similarities? We might as well pencil Lauletta in as a Patriots draft pick and heir apparent to Tom Brady, right?

Lauletta won't turn that opportunity down by any means. But he isn't buying the narrative, either.

Similarities that mean nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

wuh woh.

I don’t put much stock into the Rosen politics angle when it comes to the Jets or Giants. However, for the pats, I think it’s a deal breaker. Kraft, Brady, and Beli are all proactive Trump supporters with a recorded history of donations, moral support, and outreach to Trump and his camp.

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I don’t put much stock into the Rosen politics angle when it comes to the Jets or Giants. However, for the pats, I think it’s a deal breaker. Kraft, Brady, and Beli are all proactive Trump supporters with a recorded history of donations, moral support, and outreach to Trump and his camp.

huh???

who do you think sent Woddy to London? Obama?

If the Patriots did try to package both no. 1 picks (23 and 31) it equals 1360 which is about the value of the overall 9th pick. Which is owned by the 49ers who got a great deal last season to get Jimmy G (for a 2nd round pick). So maybe they owe BB and would give him a deal. 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

The Pats turned a 2017 32nd overall pick into 1 year of Brandin Cooks, and the 23rd overall pick in the 2018 draft.  

And the Jets traded 3 2nd round picks to get a player that has a very high probability of being where they were going to draft in the first place.  Can't make this up.  Only the Jets

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Kyle Lauletta May Be the Real Leader of This Year's NFL Draft Quarterback Class

MIKE TANIERAPRIL 3, 2018

South Squad Kyle Lauletta, of Richmond, during the South's team practice Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018, in Mobile, Ala., for Saturday's Senior Bowl NCAA college football game. (AP Photo/Butch Dill)
Butch Dill/Associated Press

Let's start by addressing the elephant in the room: Kyle Lauletta is an FCS phenom and offseason all-star whose resume looks a lot like Jimmy Garoppolo's if you don't dig too far. He played lacrosse in addition to football in high school. Both his father (a quarterback) and uncle (a punter) played at Navy, where Bill Belichick's father, Steve Belichick, served as a scout and assistant coach.

Lacrosse? Navy ties? Garoppolo similarities? We might as well pencil Lauletta in as a Patriots draft pick and heir apparent to Tom Brady, right?

Lauletta won't turn that opportunity down by any means. But he isn't buying the narrative, either.

just imagining it now, Mayfield to the Jets, Bills trading up to 2 to get Allen, Dolphins somehow get Rosen and Lauletta to the Pats. 

3 hours ago, NYallDay said:

@AdamSchefter: Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft an...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They re-tooling for their next run to the AFC championship game and possibly beyond.

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Cook has good (not great) stats but he also played with Brady and Brees. Not sure he’s worth a first round pick. 

FWIW, only 2 receivers in the NFL have 1,000+ yards and 7 TD's each of the last 3 seasons:  Antonio Brown....and Brandin Cooks. 

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

And the Jets traded 3 2nd round picks to get a player that has a very high probability of being where they were going to draft in the first place.  Can't make this up.  Only the Jets

So sad

Lol when you identify someone as a franchise qb or multiple, you do what you have to do to put yourself in position to get them and don’t risk it, a la rams and eagles.

I remember my first attempt at hating on the jets...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If the Patriots did try to package both no. 1 picks (23 and 31) it equals 1360 which is about the value of the overall 9th pick. Which is owned by the 49ers who got a great deal last season to get Jimmy G (for a 2nd round pick). So maybe they owe BB and would give him a deal. 

Interesting.  Who do you think the Pats would target at that slot, if it happened?

52 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Fn shoot me if jets pass on Rosen to take mayfield, he slides and the pats trade up to take him. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Brandin Cooks never seemed to be comfortable in that system he lacked the big time catches he was known for, maybe he's injured. 

Yeah I was disappointed from what I saw of him last year. I thought he'd lite it up.

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Interesting indeed. The Patriots now have the 2 1st round picks it would take to acquire OBJ from the Giants .  This would also give the Giants 3 1st round picks in this draft and the ability to wheel and deal if they so choose    

I really can't see the Pats going after OBJ. To me this smells of QB grab all the way.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It would be a shocker if the Patriots traded up. It's not in his DNA. But probably they will select a Qb. Jimmy G didn't play very much but it turned out pretty good for him financially. Of course when on the field he helped his cause a lot. And other backups for Brady have at least gotten a chance and contracts. But Brady is probably done in two years no matter what he says. 

Lot of odd stuff going on in NE.. Maybe Brady is retiring or moving on from pats after this yr. That relationship seemed very strained. If they did use up picks to trade up, Could they trade tom Brady after next yr? They would get back what they lost in draft picks. Maybe Brady /B.B. want to prove 1 can win without the other before they retire. It’s a Interesting point in both their legacies. 

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This tInteresting.  Who do you think the Pats would target at that slot, if it happened?

You would think they'd go for a Qb if they did trade up. Since they traded their two young Qbs both during the same season. But BB might not think highly of Cooks and when offered  a first round pick jumped on it. Plus the Rams are going for it this year. They've brought on a lot of payroll. Look, Belichick might just draft a few good players and not trade up.

40 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Rosen before today.

Injury concerns, character concerns, is his heart in it. He will be injured all the time.

----

Rosen after the Pats trade up.

Damm Pats, taking our QB, he'll win five Superbowls now in NE, the nightmare goes on.....

:D

Yep you got it

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lot of odd stuff going on in NE.. Maybe Brady is retiring or moving on from pats after this yr. That relationship seemed very strained. If they did use up picks to trade up, Could they trade tom Brady after next yr? They would get back what they lost in draft picks. Maybe Brady /B.B. want to prove 1 can win without the other before they retire. It’s a Interesting point in both their legacies. 

You'd think that Brady will be around for awhile. If there was a standoff he won and Jimmy G was shipped out. Some people thought they would keep Jimmy and get rid of Brady. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You'd think that Brady will be around for awhile. If there was a standoff he won and Jimmy G was shipped out. Some people thought they would keep Jimmy and get rid of Brady. 

Before this offseason, Brady kept saying he would play till 45. After the bowl it’s been rumored he will hang it up long before he turns 45. Maybe just smoke, Maybe even after this yr, but most likely 2 more yrs. If Brady had not had a stellar season, I think kraft would have let bb trade Brady this offseason. Or maybe tag jimmy this yr, and give it to him in 19. Trading or letting Brady retire then. K

Archived