No More Disrespect!

prime21

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Life lessons - that is all, JA and RA are young and most of us are not...

if you take out the “People forget how close we were to putting things together last year” line, I think all Jets fans would be very happy to hear JA get fired up and lead this team

It would sound something like this; "I’m sick and tired of all the disrespect that gets thrown our way.  I can’t wait to finally get back to One Jets Drive, put in the work and silence the critics" #GangGreen #JetNation #HomeofTheJets

Let Go Jets!

Yes.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL Hall of Fame today announced that they’re opening a new wing dedicated to teams that “were so close”.  The first enshrinees will be the 2017 NY Jets. Jamal Adams will be making a speech on behalf of the franchise 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Robbie Anderson is a complete dumbass who makes plays on the football field.

Jamal Adams is a self-important cheerleader who does not make plays on the football field.

Some Jets fans care about making plays on the football field more than the likability of the person doing so.

Yes, so I guess 83 combined tackles means not making plays . And he was named to the NFL all rookie team I guess he got that for being a cheerleader right ??

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

12FD1235-CAD3-480C-B31C-7CF3D90FADC2.jpeg

Dude, check out his actual tweeter account.  Homeboy is out there.  No doubt about it he faps to pictures of himself.  I'm not sure there is a person on the planet that loves Jamal Adams more than Jamal Adams.

Just now, JiF said:

The guy calls himself  Presidentmal.  Like, who the **** does that?  He wasnt given that nickname.  He calls himself the President.

I have a few friends with an Instagram name “President” at the beginning..it’s actually sorta a thing now tbh.

57 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes, so I guess 83 combined tackles means not making plays . And he was named to the NFL all rookie team I guess he got that for being a cheerleader right ??

No, making plays is not making a lot of tackles.  It's a necessary thing, and no one is saying Jamal Adams is bad at his job.  They are saying that Jamal Adams is not as good as his mouth, not an impact player, not playing an impact position, and not worth where he was selected.  I'm also not blown away by awards where competition is exceptionally limited. 

His tweets about how great he/the Jets are to FF + INT ratio (many : one) is way off.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:49 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

You miss the point entirely.  I'm happy he has enthusiasm and passion.  I'm just sick and tired of this team talking smack in the offseason.  Again, let him use his enthusiasm toward working hard in the offseason.  There's no reason he can't try to talk with teammates PRIVATELY and try to get them excited for next season too.  My issue is that he feels the need to say this stuff publicly.  We've already been through the Rex era.  Also, the whole "people forget how close we were" is emblematic of a LOSING culture.  Instead of using that to motivate himself to work harder, he's using it to talk smack in public.  We were a 5-11 team last year.  I don't want to hear "we were close".

As for your point about the Giants, LT changed the culture by working his butt off and being a terrific player.  You think Bill Parcells would've accepted "we were 5-11 but we were close"?!  If so, then you weren't paying attention.  Parcells was the "you are what your record says you are" guy.

That Time Lawrence Taylor Single-Handedly Beat the Lions | Giants vs. Lions 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba3akiNi1sA

he's not talking smack, he's trying to set the bar a little higher than it has been. I'm sure he is doing the same stuff w/ his teammates in private but this is 2018 and social media has changed things.  I'd prefer not to hear about from him through social media but that is the era in which he plays.

they weren't close to winning a SB but they lost a lot of close games.  what he doesn't understand is most bad teams lose a lot of close games in this league but I don't want him to know that. I don't want the media and fans to beat down his enthusiasm.

Bill Parcells wasn't the HC when LT was drafted.  LT changed the culture on and off the field for the giants.  There is a somewhat famous story about them losing a game and future HOFer Harry Carson telling him not to take it so hard, to basically get used to it and LT list on respected vet Harry.  That's the type of attitude we need.  it doesn't mean we win every week or we'll win a bunch of SBs but he's a guy that hates to lose and won't accept it.  He's like Bryan Cox was, we needed a guy like that rather than the guys who will smile and wave to fans when they get ejected in a close game like Wilkerson did at Gb a few years ago.

23 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rex talked smack every single year.   Was it good? 

When we went to 2 AFC title games, yes. 

When we missed the playoffs 4 years in a row, no. 

Translation: all the matters is what's done on the field.

this I agree w/, talking in the media doesn't win or lose games but he's pumped up.  Let's not kill that enthusiasm just yet. 

23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think LTs play on the field would have change the culture more than his mouth. But that’s just me . Then again maybe it’s knda hard to talk when your nostrils are full of the cocaine?  

He did it on the field and in the LR. he may not have been the greatest leader by example w/ some of his bad habits but he had a desire to win that a beaten down giants team didn't have and he changed the culture of that franchise in one season.

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 8:12 AM, nyjunc said:

he's not talking smack, he's trying to set the bar a little higher than it has been. I'm sure he is doing the same stuff w/ his teammates in private but this is 2018 and social media has changed things.  I'd prefer not to hear about from him through social media but that is the era in which he plays.

they weren't close to winning a SB but they lost a lot of close games.  what he doesn't understand is most bad teams lose a lot of close games in this league but I don't want him to know that. I don't want the media and fans to beat down his enthusiasm.

Bill Parcells wasn't the HC when LT was drafted.  LT changed the culture on and off the field for the giants.  There is a somewhat famous story about them losing a game and future HOFer Harry Carson telling him not to take it so hard, to basically get used to it and LT list on respected vet Harry.  That's the type of attitude we need.  it doesn't mean we win every week or we'll win a bunch of SBs but he's a guy that hates to lose and won't accept it.  He's like Bryan Cox was, we needed a guy like that rather than the guys who will smile and wave to fans when they get ejected in a close game like Wilkerson did at Gb a few years ago.

this I agree w/, talking in the media doesn't win or lose games but he's pumped up.  Let's not kill that enthusiasm just yet. 

He did it on the field and in the LR. he may not have been the greatest leader by example w/ some of his bad habits but he had a desire to win that a beaten down giants team didn't have and he changed the culture of that franchise in one season.

IIRC, LT wasn't a big media guy.  He used his frustration at losing as motivation to improve himself and his team.  THAT is what we need.

In no way am I suggesting we "kill his enthusiasm".  To the contrary!  I think it's a great strength.  I just think he needs to direct it toward both himself and his teammates rather than the media. 

For the record, I'm a fan of his and I think he will make great progress this year.  I'm just sick of the Jets blabbing to the media.  We had enough of that type of buffoonery during the Rex era.  

Archived