No More Disrespect!

prime21

1 minute ago, jgb said:

So he admits jets gave “bare minimum” one hour and then bemoans not getting enough respect the next. If you got a big mouth at least try to be internally consistent.

He was pretty consistent on and off the field.  3rd in tackles, led the secondary in most categories and routinely was involved in plays that were not even on his side of the field.  As a rookie, he was pretty dam good.   Lets hope he takes his game up to the next level.  

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

He was pretty consistent on and off the field.  3rd in tackles, led the secondary in most categories and routinely was involved in plays that were not even on his side of the field.  As a rookie, he was pretty dam good.   Lets hope he takes his game up to the next level.  

Yeah I think he could be a good player. I’m just saying if you admit the team gave minimal effort, well then you can’t be surprised at a lack of respect.

A person says something that is true but it can't be said by him.  If the punter said its then I'm sure people would be like "wow, the punter is putting these lazy mofo's on blast".  Jamal does it and it becomes about him being a rookie, and the 6th pick, and no interceptions.  FOH

The dude is used to winning. He doesn’t like losing. Spoke up about the attitude of the team last year. He sees a difference this year. He wants to lead. That’s how winners talk. Get used to it. 

• 1 month later...

Well he sure hasn't done that yet. He wiffed on 2 open field tackles in this game and had that penalty that was a result of frustration. I just don't think Adams is an elite player. He is NFL caliber but not as good as thinks he is. He is a League average guy with a big mouth. I think if the season keeps going the way it is Adams may become a problem in the locker room. 

Adams isn’t close to being this team’s problem.

Why do people enjoy trashing this guy so much? Because of the silly “President” thing? 

At least he’s a promising young player who a lot of guys around the league seem to really like. How many other guys on this team can say the same thing? 

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Why do people enjoy trashing this guy so much? Because of the silly “President” thing? 

At least he’s a promising young player who a lot of guys around the league seem to really like. How many other guys on this team can say the same thing? 

If he quietly did his job well and let (good) play speak for itself, he would be the most popular guy on the team.

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's pretty clear to me why; his mouth is better than his game and it never stops, ever.  Those dudes never get respect.  Especially Jets players.  Our fans hate the big mouths who cant back it up, we turn on them faster than anyone.  And I'm not sure that his peers love it either, he's constantly going on and on and on while his D gets lit up like it's nothing by chumps, week in week out.  It gets old real quick.  Especially when you're touted as the Natural Born Leader of Men.  It's embarrassing.  Not the mark of a great leader.

I will say this about Jamal, he's a top 3 player on this team.  Unfortunately for him and us, that's not saying much.  He can play but he's nowhere near as great as he thinks he is.  Not even close.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

It's pretty clear to me why; his mouth is better than his game and it never stops, ever.  Those dudes never get respect.  Especially Jets players.  Our fans hate the big mouths who cant back it up, we turn on them faster than anyone.  And I'm not sure that his peers love it either, he's constantly going on and on and on while his D gets lit up like it's nothing by chumps, week in week out.  It gets old real quick.  Especially when you're touted as the Natural Born Leader of Men.  It's embarrassing.  Not the mark of a great leader.

I will say this about Jamal, he's a top 3 player on this team.  Unfortunately for him and us, that's not saying much.  He can play but he's nowhere near as great as he thinks he is.  Not even close.

Yeah, he's talky. 

But, he's also like 123456789th on my current list of complaints about this team. 

Show us, Mal. Stop telling us. Show us.

Until then just, you know, shut up and get better.

Jamal has been the best player on the defense. For that resin he is showing us regardless of the lack of talent. He’s showing us but he does need to stay away from falling for peoples insults and responding.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived