Podcast : Dan Orlovsky interviewed on the Top Five QB Prospects

Gangrene

I think saying it's a 2 QB draft is stupid.  It's clearly not.  Maybe right now 2 appear better than the rest but so what?

The year that produced Wentz and Goff, produced Dak.  Luck, RGIII had Cousins and Wilson.

I could understand a tier approached:

Rosen and Darnold

Mayfield and Allen

Jackson and Rudolph

etc.

but 2 QB's?  That stupid talk. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it.  Trading up to 1 or 2 is better than trading up to 3.  No brainer.

But what if 1 or 2 are not available.  The Browns have a ton of draft picks already, 2 of the top 4 and 4 of the top 35.  They need elite talent, not more draft picks.  And they need a QB.  They are not likely to trade out of 1.  I don't necessarily believe the reports that the Jets and Giants never talked.  That may be the line that they are feeding reporters t send the message to their fanbases, but I am not buying into that.  Macc would have had to at least attempt to reach the Giants, maybe they weren't interested in moving back, but I am not buying this Jets-Giants didn't talk stuff. 

We got to 3.  It cost a lot, but we did it without surrendering next year's 1.  That is huge.  That is probably the highest we could get this early.  If 1 or 2 is available on draft night, we could still try to get there.  And it is easier to move from 3 than from 6.  Lets see how this all plays out.

I am not a fan of Macc.   I wanted him fired after last season.  I believe he is a bad GM.  But he is here for another year and what I think does not matter.  I am rooting form him to hit a home run this offseasont and prove me wrong.  I am not going to bitch and moan about Macc all offseason.  Lets see what he does in the draft, lets see how some of his FA signings work out.  I have no choice but to see what happens over the course of the next season.  And if I don't like the pick at 3, I will ibtch and moan about it on draft night.  1 night only, then get behind the guy and hope for the best.

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We are drafting Mayfield over Rosen because Woody noticed Rosen wore a hat once

#cursed

You're obsessed with all things Woody.

He doesn't run the team any more.  

#confused, #obsessed

Archived