Let's agree: no one knows anything and it's a crapshoot

Dcronin

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

That was one random person's dumb opinion but yeah let's extrapolate from that this class isn't that good or anything.

Just about every expert says this is A great QB class so if you can find me a long list of experts back from that year echoing this morons opinion I'll buy into your arguments...

I mean nobody who wasn't a complete idiot thought that was a "great" draft class for QBs.

If you want to play the "nobody knows nuthin'" card you should be referencing RG3, and perhaps Winston/Mariota who were highly touted and haven't panned out... I mean Aaron Murray? Guy went in the 5th round.

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

4/4/18, 2:49 PM

Since 2006 there have been 15 QBs drafted in the top 5. Only 3 have made it to a super bowl. (Wentz, Newton, Ryan)

Gil gave it to Wentz for argument sake. 

It's stats like this that make me want to use the 3rd overall pick on Bradley Chubb and wait until the 3rd round for a player like Falk or White . You acquire enough talent and Trent Dilfer can win you a Super Bowl . The New York Jets average almost 18 points per game with a lousy offensive roster and Josh McCown at QB but the defense couldn't make enough plays to win more than 5 games . The Jets don't have a franchise LT, QB or Edge rusher . We probably have no shot at the best QB from this draft but we could have a shot at the best RB and the best edge rusher .

43 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

Since 2006 there have been 15 QBs drafted in the top 5. Only 3 have made it to a super bowl. (Wentz, Newton, Ryan)

Lmaoo well if Tom would just take it easy on the afc. Maybe we would see more 

I just meant there are so many wildly differing opinions, and all or most could be wrong, way off. Colin Cowherd is the guy I am fascinated with. He speaks with such certainty, such authority on things, and can be dead, dead wrong. Thinking Villanova wouldn't thrive as favorites the other night, for instance. Who knows who the guy at QB is this year?

I wish I could say I knew everything I needed to know and could pick out great QB's. If I could, I'd have a lot better job than I have now. However, no one else knows any more than I do. We just see things and sometimes equate them to greatness on the field. I equate what I've seen from Baker Mayfield to greatness for the NYJ. I hope I'm right so I can tell are you guys I knew it all along. LOL

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

That's a nonsense stat. So, Stafford, Goff, Winston, and Mariota were "bad" picks? And while I am not a Bradford fan, NFL teams that keep giving him big pay days certainly seem to be.

And by this measure was Sanchez a good pick since he took his team to 2 Conference Championship games?

Bortles may very well join the Superbowl QB list this season. So, he would then "become" a good pick, right?

The jury is still out on Trubitsky, right?

So, is Luck a bad pick because the Colts are run so poorly?

That leaves RG3, Vince Young, and Jamarcus Russell. 

4 hours ago, Dcronin said:

I just meant there are so many wildly differing opinions, and all or most could be wrong, way off. Colin Cowherd is the guy I am fascinated with. He speaks with such certainty, such authority on things, and can be dead, dead wrong. Thinking Villanova wouldn't thrive as favorites the other night, for instance. Who knows who the guy at QB is this year?

Anyone thinking Colin Cowherd was ever right about anything shame on them for even listening to that fool.

22 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That's a nonsense stat. So, Stafford, Goff, Winston, and Mariota were "bad" picks? And while I am not a Bradford fan, NFL teams that keep giving him big pay days certainly seem to be.

And by this measure was Sanchez a good pick since he took his team to 2 Conference Championship games?

Bortles may very well join the Superbowl QB list this season. So, he would then "become" a good pick, right?

The better stat for the Jets is how many made the playoffs or won a playoff game. 

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It's dumb logic. "Making a superbowl" is arbitrary for evaluating a qb's impact on a team. There's a few guys that give teams a shot every year at contending. There are very few great qbs that exist. You do everything you can to evaluate, secure, and develop these guys plain and simple. 

6 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

I wish I could say I knew everything I needed to know and could pick out great QB's. If I could, I'd have a lot better job than I have now. However, no one else knows any more than I do. We just see things and sometimes equate them to greatness on the field. I equate what I've seen from Baker Mayfield to greatness for the NYJ. I hope I'm right so I can tell are you guys I knew it all along. LOL

Even though Mayfield is #4 on my list he would probably work best with Bates offense. If the Jets pick him I’ll route for him til the cows come home and hope for all our sakes he’s successful.

Archived