Manish Mehta, Ralph Vacchiano and Steve Serby mock Baker Mayfield to the Jets with Rosen still on the board.

Jetsbb

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The only idiotic part is that you keep saying this.  The owner doesn't run the team any more. The guy he left in charge doesn't agree with Trump either.  

that's not entirely true.  what chris johnson said was he didn't think having a rule to force players to stand for the national anthem was a good idea.  i suspect he wants his team to be fully supportive of the flag and what it stands for.  i also think this whole michael bennett thing is going to take quite a bit of wind out of this whole scene this season.  imo bennett had quite a bit more pull with the players than kapernick did.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Chrissy is even dumber than Woody.  Last I checked Woody still owns the team, signs the checks and he absolutely still has final say

Check again.  He owns the team, Chris runs the team.  Woody isn't consulted, doesn't have final say, isn't involved. And nothing about Chris says he's dumb. 

56 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's not entirely true.  what chris johnson said was he didn't think having a rule to force players to stand for the national anthem was a good idea.  i suspect he wants his team to be fully supportive of the flag and what it stands for.  i also think this whole michael bennett thing is going to take quite a bit of wind out of this whole scene this season.  imo bennett had quite a bit more pull with the players than kapernick did.

So he doesn't agree with Trump who thinks players and owners should be "fired" for not standing.  

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Mayfield’s had at least two documented concussions one against TCU the other against Clemson 

Here is the video showing his TCU concussion:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14189437

Here is all that is said:

Baker Mayfield injured on huge hit

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield takes a big hit from TCU's Ty Summers. Mayfield would continue playing until halftime with an undisclosed injury before being pulled for Trevor Knight.

I don't see anywhere that states Mayfield had a concussion.

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So he doesn't agree with Trump who thinks players and owners should be "fired" for not standing.  

i think that's hard to say.  he may very well agree but understands how difficult it would be to fire a player for not standing.  the owners would have to enact a rule and then the player's association would have to go along with it.  so in this sense he doesn't agree with trump but more as a practical matter than one that truly reflects his deep down feelings.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:03 PM, Thai Jet said:

And I think this whole NE moving up into the top 5 is TOTAL BS. I fully believe they will target a 2nd tier QC like Lauletta , Rudolph etc.

And he’ll probably end up being the best pick of the draft. ?

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

And he’ll probably end up being the best pick of the draft. ?

Sadly I'm afraid you might be right. One knock on Lauletta is that he lacks the arm strength to make all the NFL throws. I think that's something you can work on to build up that arm. 

18 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Mayfield was in concussion protocol twice in 2015  a few weeks  apart, probably the same concussion.  He missed a total of 1/2 games.  Nothing since.

Rosen on the other hand had surgery on his throwing shoulder early in the 2016 season.  Didn't play rest of year.

In 2017 he had a concussion mid way thru the season, missed one game.  At the end of the season he had a severe concussion, that a month later he still couldn't get clearance to play in a bowl game, a month later.

Rosen hasn't finished his last two years of NCAA.  Ended last year with a severe concussion.  This isn't something you want to see in a franchise QB.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Rosen hasn't finished his last two years of NCAA.  Ended last year with a severe concussion.  This isn't something you want to see in a franchise QB.

When Rosen gets hit he gets trucked. The Cal Defensive line whips him around like a rag doll. He crumbles and as a Jets fan I can't help but think of Chadwick. 

On April 7, 2018 at 10:48 AM, Philc1 said:

Mayfield’s had at least two documented concussions one against TCU the other against Clemson 

Here is the video showing his TCU concussion:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14189437

That hit on Mayfield would give anyone a concussion.

Here's a hit that knocked Rosen out of a game:

Notice the pass protection. Rosen had enough time to eat a cheese calzone lunch special.

Whichever team drafts Rosen will set the record for most commercials per game.

Every time he takes a hit trainers will be on the field.

People  (Fans, the team that drafts him and Mayfield) are going to be in for a real rude awakening once he hits the pros.

All the rah rah leadership stuff is massively overrated for a QB these days.  Teams need leaders but it does not have to be the QB.  Also you will only be followed as a leader AFTER you show the team you are damn good and your play can up lift the team.  (This is one reason Adams is picked on  here.  He acts like he is a great super bowl vet and he has done not much so far.)

Going up against vastly superior competition is going to magnify every small physical thing.  His height will be a far bigger issues than in college.  Way better coaching of dlines here way more guys actively get their hands up.

He is going to be playing against worlds of difference competition.  The defenses he faces are going to be a nightmare compared to the schlock they call defense in the Big 12.

He is going to be the Qb for Wyoming (The jets) instead of Oklahoma.

If all goes well he can have a Sanchez like career, he can have some success because he is not without skill but a lot aspects that people love him for are going to mean jack squat in the pros.

The jets have to get lucky and pray either the browns or the giants do not take one of darnold or rosen.

Sorry boys that is the way I feel.  I am not enamored with mayield or Allen but if forced to chose I'd take Allen.......blech.

5 hours ago, jetrider said:

That hit on Mayfield would give anyone a concussion.

Here's a hit that knocked Rosen out of a game:

Notice the pass protection. Rosen had enough time to eat a cheese calzone lunch special.

Whichever team drafts Rosen will set the record for most commercials per game.

Every time he takes a hit trainers will be on the field.

He took himself out of game because of a cut on his non throwing hand? That Manish story just writes itself. Didn’t realize how many sacks he took...

People  (Fans, the team that drafts him and Mayfield) are going to be in for a real rude awakening once he hits the pros.
All the rah rah leadership stuff is massively overrated for a QB these days.  Teams need leaders but it does not have to be the QB.  Also you will only be followed as a leader AFTER you show the team you are damn good and your play can up lift the team.  (This is one reason Adams is picked on  here.  He acts like he is a great super bowl vet and he has done not much so far.)
Going up against vastly superior competition is going to magnify every small physical thing.  His height will be a far bigger issues than in college.  Way better coaching of dlines here way more guys actively get their hands up.
He is going to be playing against worlds of difference competition.  The defenses he faces are going to be a nightmare compared to the schlock they call defense in the Big 12.
If all goes well he can have a Sanchez like career, he can have some success because he is not without skill but a lot aspects that people love him for are going to mean jack squat in the pros.
The jets have to get lucky and pray either the browns or the giants do not take one of darnold or rosen.
Sorry boys that is the way I feel.  I am not enamored with mayield or Allen but if forced to chose I'd take Allen.......blech.

Completely, agree. Just hope we have a shot at Rosen or Darnold. However, at the end of the day I think we get the choice Allen or Mayfield. I’d take Allen over Mayfield but who really knows.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If Rosen had a clean injury history -- it really shouldn't be a discussion. But he does have at least some lingering concern...

I don't understand what the anti-Mayfield crowd has up their ass. I've not seen 1 good argument for why he shouldn't considered a potential pick. Not one. 
You have seen the dance video .... Right ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 4/7/2018 at 8:18 PM, ARodJetsFan said:

The video is right there showing him getting a concussion against TCU, Mayfield went through concussion protocols and played with a concussion.  Sorry

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The video is right there showing him getting a concussion against TCU, Mayfield went through concussion protocols and played with a concussion.  Sorry

Just reading what the article said buddy - and it said a non-disclosed injury.

As it turns out Mayfield was in the concussion protocol twice in 2015 a few weeks apart.

That was 3 years ago.....non-factor.

Again the beat writers are not stupid they know mocking Mayfield to the Jets at 3 riles up the fan base, he is the most loved, and hated QB by the fan base, and will generate the most attention to their stories, they have zero knowledge, they are not even thinking they are purposely putting Mayfield there with zero info, or thought other then this will get the most traffic period.
After thinking about the Giants, and if they stay put to take a QB, and they let Shurmur decide which one based on his offense I’d say Rosen probably doesn’t fit as well as the other 3 do, BUT Rosen is the closest thing to Eli Manning I’ve seen since well Eli Manning, and they can take the Eli designed offense, and just seamlessly transition Rosen over in a year, or 2, what the Giants do will greatly impact the future of the Jets franchise IF the Browns don’t take Mayfield, Allen, or Barkley 1st overall.

Mark Sanchez was 1 5/8 “ taller than mayfield, only started 16 college games. His completion % was 63. And how did that turn out?

53 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

Mark Sanchez was 1 5/8 “ taller than mayfield, only started 16 college games. His completion % was 63. And how did that turn out?

Better then I ever anticipated, thought drafting Sanchez was a colossal mistake, in hindsight we literally gave up nothing to move from 17-5 to draft him, and he was the starting QB in the 2 most exciting seasons the Jets have had since 1998, it’s still guess work as if the Jets forever screwed him up by developing him terribly, or if he was just lucky his first 2 years with the awesome supporting cast.  Sanchez was NEVER going to be that QB that was gonna make offenses great, and the main reason why they won even at his ceiling, but if he was developed the way say Alex Smith was with Harbaugh then Reid where the offensive talent, and scheme were built around his strengths that if you could get him to play with in the system he could have been a reliable QB who has shown he plays best when the spotlight was biggest unlike Smith.  But no I’d never would have drafted him top 5, never mind trading up to #5 to pick him then, but looking back again like I already stated it was all fine the way it turned out until the Jets decided to go full clown show by giving Sanchez a ridiculous extension after making him play through a shoulder injury, and then making him rehab it instead of get the required surgery, and follow that up with bringing in Tebow, and Sparano that’s where everything went ass sideways, follow that up with drafting Geno Smith in a horrendous QB class when the following draft class produced Bridgewater, Carr, and Garrapollo all of him could have been had by the Jets with their 1st round pick, and Garrapollo with their 2nd round pick, and if the Jets don’t draft Geno in 2013 you damn well better believe they would have been all in drafting a QB in the 2014 draft, most likely in Jets fashion they would have selected the one that completely busted in Johnny Manziel (who I liked coming out of college not realizing how bad his off the field stuff was, and like everyone else is now with Mayfield was blinded by all the possible excitement, and energy he could bring not caring that he didn’t have prototypical size, and his athleticism which was much better then Baker’s is still wasn’t good enough to get away with all the scrambling to make big plays in the NFL like it was in college, I’m no longer blind to this stuff, and that’s why Mayfield is tied as the 5th ranked QB in this draft class, in case you care it’s 1. Darnold 2. Rosen 3. Jackson 4. Lauletta 5A. Allen 5B. Mayfield.  I think both Darnold, and Rosen are top 5 picks, and Jackson top 10, the other 3 are 2nd round prospects that will need to be developed, and molded with Lauletta being the guy who would need the least amount of time, the best on field football IQ, but the least physical talent.  Mayfield would be right behind Lauletta, and can probably be ready to play year 2 with a offensive system designed for him to thrive in, and Allen who IF he reaches his potential would be the best QB 5 years from now will probably need a very patient team from Owner to Executives to Coaches to players to have a chance to realize that potential.  Perfect situations for QB’s Darnold, and Rosen doesn’t matter IMO, Jackson anywhere with an offensive minded HC who is willing to transform his offense to accommodate Jackson till he can learn to play inside the pocket, Lauletta any system as long as they have coaches in place who know how to develop young players, Mayfield anywhere outside the big market teams, and preferred warm climate, or Dome, and great supporting cast, Arizona comes to mind, Allen IMO MUST go somewhere like the Giants, Chargers types where he can sit behind the starter for at least 2 years so he isn’t thrust into action before he is ready that’s how much of a project he is.  So like I’ve said a hundred times before if the Jets don’t walk away with Darnold, or Rosen then the trade was an epic failure, and the QB the Jets select unless it’s Jackson which it won’t be has zero chance at success here).

Rant over, and last one before the draft, and I’ve said if it’s Mayfield I’m out, I’m also leaning towards if it’s Allen I’m also out.  Give me Rosen, or Darnold, trade back for Jackson, or Lauletta, or this entire draft plan has been an epic failure, drafting Allen, or Mayfield out of desperation, and bringing them into the Jets toxic environment is the same thing we have seen teams do with guys like Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Tebow, Manziel to name a few QB’s that we’re way over drafted because of hype, and desperation at the QB position, at least doing it at 6 wouldn’t have cost you 3 other potential starters this draft, and next draft, but trading those 3 picks to move up 3 spots you better land a can’t miss guy.

On 4/8/2018 at 3:24 PM, Beerfish said:

Considering his SUPERIOR arm strength, accuracy, lack of batter balls in college please explain why his height will be a big issue. He is the same size as Brees, Montana and Young, and 2" taller than Wilson. One of the analysis places rated him #1 at NFL Type throws. I just dont see the issues others do. It just seems like your problem is his personality more than his play on the field. I think for some reason you see Manziel.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:39 AM, Lupz27 said:

Better then I ever anticipated, thought drafting Sanchez was a colossal mistake, in hindsight we literally gave up nothing to move from 17-5 to draft him, and he was the starting QB in the 2 most exciting seasons the Jets have had since 1998, it’s still guess work as if the Jets forever screwed him up by developing him terribly, or if he was just lucky his first 2 years with the awesome supporting cast.  Sanchez was NEVER going to be that QB that was gonna make offenses great, and the main reason why they won even at his ceiling, but if he was developed the way say Alex Smith was with Harbaugh then Reid where the offensive talent, and scheme were built around his strengths that if you could get him to play with in the system he could have been a reliable QB who has shown he plays best when the spotlight was biggest unlike Smith.  But no I’d never would have drafted him top 5, never mind trading up to #5 to pick him then, but looking back again like I already stated it was all fine the way it turned out until the Jets decided to go full clown show by giving Sanchez a ridiculous extension after making him play through a shoulder injury, and then making him rehab it instead of get the required surgery, and follow that up with bringing in Tebow, and Sparano that’s where everything went ass sideways, follow that up with drafting Geno Smith in a horrendous QB class when the following draft class produced Bridgewater, Carr, and Garrapollo all of him could have been had by the Jets with their 1st round pick, and Garrapollo with their 2nd round pick, and if the Jets don’t draft Geno in 2013 you damn well better believe they would have been all in drafting a QB in the 2014 draft, most likely in Jets fashion they would have selected the one that completely busted in Johnny Manziel (who I liked coming out of college not realizing how bad his off the field stuff was, and like everyone else is now with Mayfield was blinded by all the possible excitement, and energy he could bring not caring that he didn’t have prototypical size, and his athleticism which was much better then Baker’s is still wasn’t good enough to get away with all the scrambling to make big plays in the NFL like it was in college, I’m no longer blind to this stuff, and that’s why Mayfield is tied as the 5th ranked QB in this draft class, in case you care it’s 1. Darnold 2. Rosen 3. Jackson 4. Lauletta 5A. Allen 5B. Mayfield.  I think both Darnold, and Rosen are top 5 picks, and Jackson top 10, the other 3 are 2nd round prospects that will need to be developed, and molded with Lauletta being the guy who would need the least amount of time, the best on field football IQ, but the least physical talent.  Mayfield would be right behind Lauletta, and can probably be ready to play year 2 with a offensive system designed for him to thrive in, and Allen who IF he reaches his potential would be the best QB 5 years from now will probably need a very patient team from Owner to Executives to Coaches to players to have a chance to realize that potential.  Perfect situations for QB’s Darnold, and Rosen doesn’t matter IMO, Jackson anywhere with an offensive minded HC who is willing to transform his offense to accommodate Jackson till he can learn to play inside the pocket, Lauletta any system as long as they have coaches in place who know how to develop young players, Mayfield anywhere outside the big market teams, and preferred warm climate, or Dome, and great supporting cast, Arizona comes to mind, Allen IMO MUST go somewhere like the Giants, Chargers types where he can sit behind the starter for at least 2 years so he isn’t thrust into action before he is ready that’s how much of a project he is.  So like I’ve said a hundred times before if the Jets don’t walk away with Darnold, or Rosen then the trade was an epic failure, and the QB the Jets select unless it’s Jackson which it won’t be has zero chance at success here).

Rant over, and last one before the draft, and I’ve said if it’s Mayfield I’m out, I’m also leaning towards if it’s Allen I’m also out.  Give me Rosen, or Darnold, trade back for Jackson, or Lauletta, or this entire draft plan has been an epic failure, drafting Allen, or Mayfield out of desperation, and bringing them into the Jets toxic environment is the same thing we have seen teams do with guys like Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Tebow, Manziel to name a few QB’s that we’re way over drafted because of hype, and desperation at the QB position, at least doing it at 6 wouldn’t have cost you 3 other potential starters this draft, and next draft, but trading those 3 picks to move up 3 spots you better land a can’t miss guy.

Wow, holy wall of unreadibility. Mayfield is NOTHING like Manziel. If you think that you literally just have a preconceived notion of him and cant actually see him.

Considering his SUPERIOR arm strength, accuracy, lack of batter balls in college please explain why his height will be a big issue. He is the same size as Brees, Montana and Young, and 2" taller than Wilson. One of the analysis places rated him #1 at NFL Type throws. I just dont see the issues others do. It just seems like your problem is his personality more than his play on the field. I think for some reason you see Manziel.

Love Baker ... But the one thing I will say ... Rosen throws a much prettier ball in terms of release, ease and spin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Don't put words in my mouth sport.

He is going to have a FAR tougher time in the NFL than Rosen or Darnold.  Both of them are far superior Qb prospects and if the Jets pass on either in favor or mayfield they are flat out nuts.  We'll see who is right and who is wrong on this issue in time.

On 4/14/2018 at 12:22 AM, johnnysd said:

If you want arm strength Josh Allen is your guy. Personally I rank Darnold and Rosen as 1 and 1A.  Rosen makes throws that Allen and Mayfield dream about.  Bill Belichek will trade up to 4 for Rosen, that's who the Patriots have rated at the top of their draft board after Darnold.  For Belichek it's a coin flip.  Rosen or Darnold is the only way Jets should go. If they were both gone, I might grab Saquon Barkley. He is a generational back and I can live with a healthy Bridgewater. 

On 4/6/2018 at 12:55 PM, Paradis said:

If Rosen had a clean injury history -- it really shouldn't be a discussion. But he does have at least some lingering concern...

I don't understand what the anti-Mayfield crowd has up their ass. I've not seen 1 good argument for why he shouldn't considered a potential pick. Not one. 

Mayfield played in a big 12 that had very weak defense.  If you want a Heidman trophy winner that won't be successful, just sign Manziel.  Baker is the same guy but with less God given talent than Manziel.  To not pick darnold or Rosen means you will be regretting this pick for years.  If those two go 1,2 I would pick Barkley.

3 hours ago, 68CamaroRS said:

Mayfield played in a big 12 that had very weak defense.  If you want a Heidman trophy winner that won't be successful, just sign Manziel.  Baker is the same guy but with less God given talent than Manziel.  To not pick darnold or Rosen means you will be regretting this pick for years.  If those two go 1,2 I would pick Barkley.

That would be very jetsy I will give you that. I am sure Toilet is lobbying for it.

15 hours ago, 68CamaroRS said:

I prefer rosen but your statement about weak defenses is false https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/baker-mayfield-pass-defense-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-sam-darnold-josh-allen

On 4/15/2018 at 1:37 AM, 68CamaroRS said:

Manziel was actually better in college he got his stats facing SEC defenses every week

Archived