Rich Cimini" I'm predicting Baker Mayfield at No. 3....I really think they like Mayfield"

Jetsbb

4 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I just don't want some self important athlete come to the Jets and tell me his version of what the world should be.  That get's old real quick.

So basically football players shouldn’t have an opinion about anything but football?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
**** me if we pass on Rosen/Allen/Darnold for Mayfield. Would be the most jetsiest thing ever, take the small, unathletic project qb cause he's a leader and grabs his balls.
Unathletic?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I just don't want some self important athlete come to the Jets and tell me his version of what the world should be.  That get's old real quick.

Shut up and throw the ball huh? Be the NFL’s personal zombie.

yeaaaah..not gonna happen for someone that intelligent.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

That young man is anything but “unathletic” Shows your ignorance on this particular player.

Well, maybe this cop was a D1 track star, lol

6F26FAE7-F0D9-48AE-B129-810160FB04A0.gif

but serioulsy, I don’t have a problem with him being our choice. 

41 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The standard we hold these 21-22 year old kids fresh out of college is literally hysterical. My 21 year old son took a wax pencil and secretly drew dicks on the side of Easter eggs my daughters and wife were coloring so after they took the color.. yeah you guessed it. Pretty sure he is dropping to the seventh round for that . 

I’m 41 and I still pull that prank when the niece and nephews do the egg coloring with grandma. 

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I'm OK with passing on Rosen, for Darnold, Allen an Mayfield in that order.  Between saying he didn't want to play for Cleveland, to wearing a F-Trump hat (politics should stay the hell out of football) and the fact that's he's not mobile and a target for injuries, I'm just not comfortable with him.  He's a guy who appears to put himself before his team and the NFL.  I don't think we need someone like him despite how pretty his passes are.  Regardless I still think the Jets will draft him.

lol people keep saying its between Rosen and Mayfield as if we have that choice. Rosen will be gone, to either the Giants or to someone they trade with. We wont sniff his balls....our choices are Mayfield or Allen. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m of the belief that the Giants will take Rosen even if the Browns take Allen and leave Darnold on the board. It’s hard to figure what Dorsey will do, but I’d imagine that will become clear in the next two weeks. 

Thank you Captain. 

raw

40 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The real story of this story is that if a 25-year-old who started a home playoff game 27 months ago has a lights-out preseason, the Jets will gleefully trade him so they can hand the starting job to a 39-year-old with a career record of 23-50.

it's called a bridge mentor hold the fort quarterback, bro montana, and if you dont see the value in that i dont know what to tell you

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

When first overall pick was at stake he didn't clam up.  He knew he was making a political statement when he wore that hat.  Namath was colorful and fun, but from my perspective never acted like he was better than anyone else.  I don't see those qualities in Rosen.  Namath was more like Mayfield come to think of it.

I understand your perspective, I just think he's a "smart-ass" type of guy/humor who probably still has some LIFE maturation to do. While it's a noteworthy caveat, I just don't think those actions are as grave as getting arrested or suspended. His injury/durability concerns, OTOH, I think are a more valid argument AGAINST drafting Rosen. 

I'll GLADLY take ANY of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, in THAT order. If Jets go Allen over Mayfield, it MAY be Hackenberg REDUX, but let's see if Jeremy Bates is worth his hype and maybe can forge something out of that GOLDen arm everyone believes is so malleable. 

1 hour ago, paulyjet said:

? He wore an F -Trump hat!!!

I'm in. ???

But, I agree, keep your politics out of my football! ?

Forgive my ignorance, but did Josh Rosen wear this hat on the sidelines during a football game or while being interview during a football game ? 

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

So basically football players shouldn’t have an opinion about anything but football?

Football players, or anyone else for that matter can do whatever they want, but doesn't mean it doesn't have repercussions.  I, like everyone else am entitled to my opinion and based on early information I have my concerns.   

I really thought all this smoke was a smokescreen. But, now the more reports coming out, I believe it. If we take anyone over Rosen I’ll be livid. I’ll support whoever we pick, but I’ll be holding my nose at it. If Rosen is off the board, I’ll be very happy with Mayfield. 

2 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

**** me if we pass on Rosen/Allen/Darnold for Mayfield. Would be the most jetsiest thing ever, take the small, unathletic project qb cause he's a leader and grabs his balls.

Jetsiest move ever:

Mayfield because he's a leader and grabs his balls.

Allen because he's a misfiring cannon

Rosen because he's a hot tub anti-Trumper

Darnold because he's Buttfumble part 2

Trust me, no matter who we pick there will be fifty guys on here who will howl like wounded dogs that we picked the wrong guy. THAT's the Jetsiest fan move, guaranteed.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

That young man is anything but “unathletic” Shows your ignorance on this particular player.

I don't know. I saw him try and run from the cops on video. He didn't get very far, and the cop that got him didn't seem very athletic (he took a good angle).  Makes sense with the slow 40 time.^_^

14 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Forgive my ignorance, but did Josh Rosen wear this hat on the sidelines during a football game or while being interview during a football game ? 

He wore it on the Trump's Golf Course during a round of golf.  Quite the showman.

"Rosen hasn't been shy about sharing his opinions on all things, and he's been willing to try to skirt some rules. Depending on your political persuasion, you are now either a significantly bigger Rosen fan, or, well, the opposite".

1 minute ago, long suffering jets fan said:

He wore it on the Trump's Golf Course during a round of golf.  Quite the showman.

So basically this had nothing to do with football, just a young man exercising his constitutional rights of freedom of speech and expression . 

Seems to me the only people bring what he did into the football arena are those who constantly mention this act .  

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

So basically this had nothing to do with football, just a young man exercising his constitutional rights of freedom of speech and expression . 

Seems to me the only people bring what he did into the football arena are those who constantly mention this act .  

Seems like no one can have an opinion contrary to what someone says, or does without being accused of attacking their freedom of speech and expression.  Unless that opinion is favorable to your perspective that is.

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

uAnM86ui_400x400.jpg

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Lol ... if he comes to NY and plays up to his draft position who's gonna give a sheet stain what his hats say. If he flunks he is just another in a long line of NYJ QB doofus's

until he takes a knee wearing a “Bring Back Kap”  T-Shirt during the National Anthem

??

7 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Seems like no one can have an opinion contrary to what someone says, or does without being accused of attacking their freedom of speech and expression.  Unless that opinion is favorable to your perspective that is.

Crazy thing is, I’m the farthest thing from a Liberal and I still can see there really isn’t an issue in what he did.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

until he takes a knee wearing a “Bring Back Kap”  T-Shirt during the National Anthem

??

I don't want Rosen but as a Trump voter I'd wear a F Trump hat to games if he can complete 60+% of his passes and get us to the playoffs yearly. 

13 hours ago, joebabyny said:

I’m 41 and I still pull that prank when the niece and nephews do the egg coloring with grandma. 

I don’t do that but I always try to mix the left over dye at the end and create the closest color I can get to the “ egg turd.” Then I pick it up and make farting  sounds. I’m totally undraftable 

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't want Rosen but as a Trump voter I'd wear a F Trump hat to games if he can complete 60+% of his passes and get us to the playoffs yearly. 

I’d wear Trumps toupee to games for that. I’m bald too so I would of course rock it. 

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

He's unemployed cause he's a backup level QB who isn't worth the headache. Same reason Tebow is playing for the Mets

I disagree. This is an entertainment sport, driven by ticket sales. When a player’s politics become the headline event it hurts the bottom line. 

I know fringe fans who boycotted the NFL because of the kneeling debacle, and if you consider that the commish is the highest grossing person in the league, it’s not hard to imagine him making 32 private phone calls “encouraging” a no hire policy. 

I think Kaep is incredibly talented, but like you said...not worth the headache. I think it’ll be interesting to see the impact “political views” have on high draft choices. 

10 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

What I'm saying is to expect on opinionated outspoken player in Rosen. That might rub folks the wrong way and potentially drop him in the draft.

I understand but as long as he plays well and doesn’t get too out of line with it, I don’t see it having much of an affect. I’d bank on him being smart enough to know what is too much and whats alright to say/do. I’d also bank on him to understand when the appropriate time to do any of that is.

He’s not a dumb kid, I don’t see reason in worrying about something major that may or may not even happen..and even then..that just goes back to the original point..he should know when and what to say if he wants to speak his mind.

He’s got enough mentors and such inside the league and out that will most likely tip him off like.. “Look, congratulations getting draft to the Jets. But you need to know that New York will put you under the microscope with every little thing that you say or do and it’s imparitve that you understand that to the fullest extent and carefully calculate each move you make in public.”

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I disagree. This is an entertainment sport, driven by ticket sales. When a player’s politics become the headline event it hurts the bottom line. 

I know fringe fans who boycotted the NFL because of the kneeling debacle, and if you consider that the commish is the highest grossing person in the league, it’s not hard to imagine him making 32 private phone calls “encouraging” a no hire policy. 

I think Kaep is incredibly talented, but like you said...not worth the headache. I think it’ll be interesting to see the impact “political views” have on high draft choices. 

I think you're reading too much into it. If the league viewed him as top 15 QB he'd have a job. If I thought he was any good I'd want him here despite not having an affinity for the whole kneeling thing. I honestly just think he's not a very good player at this point and who wants that attention unless you're winning for it? 

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've said all along I am 100% fine with Mayfield.  I actually prefer him to Rosen, ever so slightly.  

I actually think Rosen will be the pick, just because he is probably the least risky/best chance for immediate payoff, and that seems like something that a Coach and GM who might be on the hot seat might value.

Pretty much stolen from my lips. I love Rosen, and still think he's going to be the pick -- but i'm starting to acknowledge that you have at least factor in injuries... even if it's just a little bit. That little bit might be the extra ounce on the scale tho...

Other thought -- is this possibly an over-correction on Macc's part? Hackenberg failed because accuracy (in a nut shell), and so we're going with the MOST-efficient option?

Archived