Rich Cimini" I'm predicting Baker Mayfield at No. 3....I really think they like Mayfield"

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The standard we hold these 21-22 year old kids fresh out of college is literally hysterical. My 21 year old son took a wax pencil and secretly drew dicks on the side of Easter eggs my daughters and wife were coloring so after they took the color.. yeah you guessed it. Pretty sure he is dropping to the seventh round for that . 

The originality of the deed should give him some points no? I say he drops no lower than late 4th early 5th.

Could of been worse. He could have done this:

image.png

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I think you're reading too much into it. If the league viewed him as top 15 QB he'd have a job. If I thought he was any good I'd want him here despite not having an affinity for the whole kneeling thing. I honestly just think he's not a very good player at this point and who wants that attention unless you're winning for it? 

He’s healthy. He’s not injured. He has experience leading a team to, and playing in, a Super Bowl. 

Yet Christian Hackenburg is drawing an NFL paycheck, and he isn’t. Smells like collusion. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

How much do you really love this man?

He’s the John Starks of the Jets franchise, in that he sucks and gets lit up by everyone who plays against him. But the fans admire his grit anyway, even though Gerald Wilkins was better.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s the John Starks of the Jets franchise, in that he sucks and gets lit up by everyone who plays against him. But the fans admire his grit anyway, even though Gerald Wilkins was better.

He was a fcking rookie. 

28 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

He’s healthy. He’s not injured. He has experience leading a team to, and playing in, a Super Bowl. 

Yet Christian Hackenburg is drawing an NFL paycheck, and he isn’t. Smells like collusion. 

Tim Tebow truck sticked us out of the playoffs. Mark Sanchez made 2 championship games. Kap would have a job if he was any good. He was already the backup before any of the kneeling garbage. He never looked any good without Harbaugh. I would take him in a second if I thought he was a winning NFL QB. I'm sure most teams would also

41 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Pretty much stolen from my lips. I love Rosen, and still think he's going to be the pick -- but i'm starting to acknowledge that you have at least factor in injuries... even if it's just a little bit. That little bit might be the extra ounce on the scale tho...

Other thought -- is this possibly an over-correction on Macc's part? Hackenberg failed because accuracy (in a nut shell), and so we're going with the MOST-efficient option?

Or, maybe mayfield is the best qb in the draft, but teams are afraid to admit it because he's a little shorter than they'd like.   I also question the definition of upside in qbs.  Why is Allen's upside higher than any of the other qbs in the draft?  Why does arm strength equate with upside?  Why doesn't accuracy, leadership, pocket awareness, etc. also factor into upside?  I think the 'allen has the most upside' is more of a flawed premise than the fallacy that you can 'coach' accuracy.  

I doubt the jets traded 4 picks for allen, a guy who needs to sit a year or more.  It's not how the Johnsons do business.  The Johnsons want a marketable qb, bates wants someone who can execute his offense and mccagnan drafts players in the first round from big college programs who produced in college.  These factors point to mayfield first, Rosen second.  I really doubt allen was considered when they traded up to 3, i think they traded up to avoid having to take him.   

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bravo! LOL. :lol:

17 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Tim Tebow truck sticked us out of the playoffs. Mark Sanchez made 2 championship games. Kap would have a job if he was any good. He was already the backup before any of the kneeling garbage. He never looked any good without Harbaugh. I would take him in a second if I thought he was a winning NFL QB. I'm sure most teams would also

If you seriously think Kaepernick is less talented than 32 starters and 32 backups, I’d implore you to check out a list of the league’s backup QB situation (shoot, pick any division). 

It’s not a talent issue or question of ability. This is 100% PITA-factor. 

Not that I care. I’m going to go back to drawing dick cats. 

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Or, maybe mayfield is the best qb in the draft, but teams are afraid to admit it because he's a little shorter than they'd like.   I also question the definition of upside in qbs.  Why is Allen's upside higher than any of the other qbs in the draft?  Why does arm strength equate with upside?  Why doesn't accuracy, leadership, pocket awareness, etc. also factor into upside?  I think the 'allen has the most upside' is more of a flawed premise than the fallacy that you can 'coach' accuracy.  

I doubt the jets traded 4 picks for allen, a guy who needs to sit a year or more.  It's not how the Johnsons do business.  The Johnsons want a marketable qb, bates wants someone who can execute his offense and mccagnan drafts players in the first round from big college programs who produced in college.  These factors point to mayfield first, Rosen second.  I really doubt allen was considered when they traded up to 3, i think they traded up to avoid having to take him.   

The first thing I i thought after hearing of the trade up to 3 was "Awesome!! We're getting Darnold, Rosen or Allen!"  Never did it cross my mind that Mayfield was an option. Not once. 

And I'm sticking to that. 

3 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I saw Namath play and he wasn't anything like Rosen.  I question anyone's judgement who is trying to be drafted and says they don't want to play for team drafting first then reverses himself, and the politicization of football is just distasteful to me.  Everything else seems to be getting political, can't we just have one bastion where politics doesn't play and we just can enjoy the game.   

Exactly.

image.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

If you seriously think Kaepernick is less talented than 32 starters and 32 backups, I’d implore you to check out a list of the league’s backup QB situation (shoot, pick any division). 

It’s not a talent issue or question of ability. This is 100% PITA-factor. 

Not that I care. I’m going to go back to drawing dick cats. 

I don't think he's worse than 64 QBs. I also don't think he's a top level starter. I go back to my original point. He's not worth the headache for a QB who isn't really moving the needle for your franchise. It's the same reason Tebow is a baseball player now. I remember we had to have a press conference for him in a field house to make room for reporters. He was our punt protector. Tebow isn't worse than 64 other QBs, just a pain in the ass distraction who isn't good enough to make it worth it

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Yeah sure its AOK when their views align with yours amirite?

And you know me and my beliefs how? Let me help you out, I am a 65 year old veteran who fought for peoples rights whether they are the same as mine or not.  How about you?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He doesn't suck, are you drunk or institution punch or sniffing craft glue. COME ON MAN 

6 hours ago, KRL said:

Why do people continue to lie about Mayfield's game when Oklahoma was basically on TV every

weekend of the football season?  Did they choose not to watch, not know what they were

watching or are they just biased against Mayfield?

All they see is Manziel and they just get blinded. In my view, he is CLEARLY the best QB in the draft. 

38 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

All they see is Manziel and they just get blinded. In my view, he is CLEARLY the best QB in the draft. 

The Manziel comparison is a lazy one. People see an undersized white kid from the Big 12, and see Manziel. Never mind that his playing style is different, he prepares well for games, and isn't a drug addict nor an attention whore. 

If Darnold and Rosen are gone, yes, take Baker Mayfield.   Not a HUGE fan but I like him better than the risky but high-upside Josh Allen.

My Draft Board continues to be...

1. Darnold

2A. Rosen

2B. Mayfield

I have no problem taking him if the other two are gone.  He is just as risky as Allen......it's just that the risks are different. 

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

That young man is anything but “unathletic” Shows your ignorance on this particular player.

He ran a 4.8, you know who else ran a 4.8? Petyon ******* Manning. He also did it at 230 lbs, compared to Mayfield's 215. So let me get this straight, Peyton ******* Manning is more athletic then he is and you consider this kid athletic? 

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The standard we hold these 21-22 year old kids fresh out of college is literally hysterical. My 21 year old son took a wax pencil and secretly drew dicks on the side of Easter eggs my daughters and wife were coloring so after they took the color.. yeah you guessed it. Pretty sure he is dropping to the seventh round for that . 

I agree with you. However my concern is how many times after asking Todd "hey, why do I call this audible here?" or "Isn't it better to maybe do it this way?" and getting this back will Rosen keep his cool:

iewbb.jpg?a422952

27 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

He ran a 4.8, you know who else ran a 4.8? Petyon ******* Manning. He also did it at 230 lbs, compared to Mayfield's 215. So let me get this straight, Peyton ******* Manning is more athletic then he is and you consider this kid athletic? 

Well it was 4.84 and 4.9 but point well taken. However, there is more to athleticism than straight line speed. Remember Johnny Lam Jones?

I hope the pick is Mayfield, am totally fine with Rosen though.

As for Kaep, he is in the same boat as Tebow. If they weren't such a distraction they'd have a job. He's absolutely better than back ups in this league but if having him on the roster creates a circus in the media and turns off some of your fans then it makes no sense to sign him. I respect that he has taken a stance, backed it up financially, and threw away his career for what he believes in.

I don't think Rosen will be a distraction like that because 1 he's smart enough to have a filter in front of cameras and 2 he's a far better player than Kaep or Tebow were coming out of college. Just give us a good QB who can grab this division by the balls and I'm happy.

2 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

Brady ran a 5.28.... does that mean he is not an athlete? So you are only considered an athlete if you run a sub 4.4? I’ll be sure to tell all the young men in my kids HS baseball team that.

12 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I disagree. This is an entertainment sport, driven by ticket sales. When a player’s politics become the headline event it hurts the bottom line. 

I know fringe fans who boycotted the NFL because of the kneeling debacle, and if you consider that the commish is the highest grossing person in the league, it’s not hard to imagine him making 32 private phone calls “encouraging” a no hire policy. 

I think Kaep is incredibly talented, but like you said...not worth the headache. I think it’ll be interesting to see the impact “political views” have on high draft choices. 

Hardly anyone cared about the kneeling until we got tired of hearing about it non stop for a month. Now I don't think there are many who haven't had enough with it.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I agree with you. However my concern is how many times after asking Todd "hey, why do I call this audible here?" or "Isn't it better to maybe do it this way?" and getting this back will Rosen keep his cool:

iewbb.jpg?a422952

From what I have heard Rosen is pretty use to being the smartest guy in the room. Pretty sure he can spot the other smart, yet not quite as smart him guys and ask them the question.

Pretty sure Bowles will be in wide eyed awe of him for awhile being it’s the first potentially franchise QB he has gotten to coach since becoming a head coach. At the same time it’s reasonable to think he won’t know what do at first. 

Todd is stil going to learn how to feel about his rookie QB standing on the sideline in his uniform i game day  and not khakis and a Brooke’s Brothers casual shirt. “ Well damn, will you take a look at that!” 

8 hours ago, sourceworx said:

The Manziel comparison is a lazy one. People see an undersized white kid from the Big 12, and see Manziel. Never mind that his playing style is different, he prepares well for games, and isn't a drug addict nor an attention whore. 

Same system, same style of play at the qb position and that’s besides the obvious physical similarities and partyboy persona

But yes it’s lazy to point out stuff that’s completely obvious 

Archived