Jetsbb

Rich Cimini" I'm predicting Baker Mayfield at No. 3....I really think they like Mayfield"

Rate this topic

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

until he takes a knee wearing a “Bring Back Kap”  T-Shirt during the National Anthem

💩👺

I don't want Rosen but as a Trump voter I'd wear a F Trump hat to games if he can complete 60+% of his passes and get us to the playoffs yearly. 

13 hours ago, joebabyny said:

I’m 41 and I still pull that prank when the niece and nephews do the egg coloring with grandma. 

I don’t do that but I always try to mix the left over dye at the end and create the closest color I can get to the “ egg turd.” Then I pick it up and make farting  sounds. I’m totally undraftable 

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't want Rosen but as a Trump voter I'd wear a F Trump hat to games if he can complete 60+% of his passes and get us to the playoffs yearly. 

I’d wear Trumps toupee to games for that. I’m bald too so I would of course rock it. 

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Crazy thing is, I’m the farthest thing from a Liberal and I still can see there really isn’t an issue in what he did.

What I'm saying is to expect on opinionated outspoken player in Rosen. That might rub folks the wrong way and potentially drop him in the draft.

4 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

:good::yahoo:

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

He's unemployed cause he's a backup level QB who isn't worth the headache. Same reason Tebow is playing for the Mets

I disagree. This is an entertainment sport, driven by ticket sales. When a player’s politics become the headline event it hurts the bottom line. 

I know fringe fans who boycotted the NFL because of the kneeling debacle, and if you consider that the commish is the highest grossing person in the league, it’s not hard to imagine him making 32 private phone calls “encouraging” a no hire policy. 

I think Kaep is incredibly talented, but like you said...not worth the headache. I think it’ll be interesting to see the impact “political views” have on high draft choices. 

10 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

What I'm saying is to expect on opinionated outspoken player in Rosen. That might rub folks the wrong way and potentially drop him in the draft.

I understand but as long as he plays well and doesn’t get too out of line with it, I don’t see it having much of an affect. I’d bank on him being smart enough to know what is too much and whats alright to say/do. I’d also bank on him to understand when the appropriate time to do any of that is.

He’s not a dumb kid, I don’t see reason in worrying about something major that may or may not even happen..and even then..that just goes back to the original point..he should know when and what to say if he wants to speak his mind.

He’s got enough mentors and such inside the league and out that will most likely tip him off like.. “Look, congratulations getting draft to the Jets. But you need to know that New York will put you under the microscope with every little thing that you say or do and it’s imparitve that you understand that to the fullest extent and carefully calculate each move you make in public.”

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I disagree. This is an entertainment sport, driven by ticket sales. When a player’s politics become the headline event it hurts the bottom line. 

I know fringe fans who boycotted the NFL because of the kneeling debacle, and if you consider that the commish is the highest grossing person in the league, it’s not hard to imagine him making 32 private phone calls “encouraging” a no hire policy. 

I think Kaep is incredibly talented, but like you said...not worth the headache. I think it’ll be interesting to see the impact “political views” have on high draft choices. 

I think you're reading too much into it. If the league viewed him as top 15 QB he'd have a job. If I thought he was any good I'd want him here despite not having an affinity for the whole kneeling thing. I honestly just think he's not a very good player at this point and who wants that attention unless you're winning for it? 

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've said all along I am 100% fine with Mayfield.  I actually prefer him to Rosen, ever so slightly.  

I actually think Rosen will be the pick, just because he is probably the least risky/best chance for immediate payoff, and that seems like something that a Coach and GM who might be on the hot seat might value.

Pretty much stolen from my lips. I love Rosen, and still think he's going to be the pick -- but i'm starting to acknowledge that you have at least factor in injuries... even if it's just a little bit. That little bit might be the extra ounce on the scale tho...

Other thought -- is this possibly an over-correction on Macc's part? Hackenberg failed because accuracy (in a nut shell), and so we're going with the MOST-efficient option?

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The standard we hold these 21-22 year old kids fresh out of college is literally hysterical. My 21 year old son took a wax pencil and secretly drew dicks on the side of Easter eggs my daughters and wife were coloring so after they took the color.. yeah you guessed it. Pretty sure he is dropping to the seventh round for that . 

The originality of the deed should give him some points no? I say he drops no lower than late 4th early 5th.

Could of been worse. He could have done this:

image.png

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Cimini is losing his touch. Guy seems to have no ins with this front office so he is irrelevant to me. Been wrong To much

Not a Cimin fan, but he did call the McCown + Bridgewater before it happened.

8 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I think you're reading too much into it. If the league viewed him as top 15 QB he'd have a job. If I thought he was any good I'd want him here despite not having an affinity for the whole kneeling thing. I honestly just think he's not a very good player at this point and who wants that attention unless you're winning for it? 

He’s healthy. He’s not injured. He has experience leading a team to, and playing in, a Super Bowl. 

Yet Christian Hackenburg is drawing an NFL paycheck, and he isn’t. Smells like collusion. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

How much do you really love this man?

He’s the John Starks of the Jets franchise, in that he sucks and gets lit up by everyone who plays against him. But the fans admire his grit anyway, even though Gerald Wilkins was better.

**** me if we pass on Rosen/Allen/Darnold for Mayfield. Would be the most jetsiest thing ever, take the small, unathletic project qb cause he's a leader and grabs his balls.

He is neither unathletic or a project. Allen is athletic but a huge project. Allen is the one I’m worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s the John Starks of the Jets franchise, in that he sucks and gets lit up by everyone who plays against him. But the fans admire his grit anyway, even though Gerald Wilkins was better.

He was a fcking rookie. 

2 hours ago, Joejet said:

So basically football players shouldn’t have an opinion about anything but football?

Yeah sure its AOK when their views align with yours amirite?

28 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

He’s healthy. He’s not injured. He has experience leading a team to, and playing in, a Super Bowl. 

Yet Christian Hackenburg is drawing an NFL paycheck, and he isn’t. Smells like collusion. 

Tim Tebow truck sticked us out of the playoffs. Mark Sanchez made 2 championship games. Kap would have a job if he was any good. He was already the backup before any of the kneeling garbage. He never looked any good without Harbaugh. I would take him in a second if I thought he was a winning NFL QB. I'm sure most teams would also

41 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Pretty much stolen from my lips. I love Rosen, and still think he's going to be the pick -- but i'm starting to acknowledge that you have at least factor in injuries... even if it's just a little bit. That little bit might be the extra ounce on the scale tho...

Other thought -- is this possibly an over-correction on Macc's part? Hackenberg failed because accuracy (in a nut shell), and so we're going with the MOST-efficient option?

Or, maybe mayfield is the best qb in the draft, but teams are afraid to admit it because he's a little shorter than they'd like.   I also question the definition of upside in qbs.  Why is Allen's upside higher than any of the other qbs in the draft?  Why does arm strength equate with upside?  Why doesn't accuracy, leadership, pocket awareness, etc. also factor into upside?  I think the 'allen has the most upside' is more of a flawed premise than the fallacy that you can 'coach' accuracy.  

I doubt the jets traded 4 picks for allen, a guy who needs to sit a year or more.  It's not how the Johnsons do business.  The Johnsons want a marketable qb, bates wants someone who can execute his offense and mccagnan drafts players in the first round from big college programs who produced in college.  These factors point to mayfield first, Rosen second.  I really doubt allen was considered when they traded up to 3, i think they traded up to avoid having to take him.   

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bravo! LOL. :lol:

17 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Tim Tebow truck sticked us out of the playoffs. Mark Sanchez made 2 championship games. Kap would have a job if he was any good. He was already the backup before any of the kneeling garbage. He never looked any good without Harbaugh. I would take him in a second if I thought he was a winning NFL QB. I'm sure most teams would also

If you seriously think Kaepernick is less talented than 32 starters and 32 backups, I’d implore you to check out a list of the league’s backup QB situation (shoot, pick any division). 

It’s not a talent issue or question of ability. This is 100% PITA-factor. 

Not that I care. I’m going to go back to drawing dick cats. 

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Or, maybe mayfield is the best qb in the draft, but teams are afraid to admit it because he's a little shorter than they'd like.   I also question the definition of upside in qbs.  Why is Allen's upside higher than any of the other qbs in the draft?  Why does arm strength equate with upside?  Why doesn't accuracy, leadership, pocket awareness, etc. also factor into upside?  I think the 'allen has the most upside' is more of a flawed premise than the fallacy that you can 'coach' accuracy.  

I doubt the jets traded 4 picks for allen, a guy who needs to sit a year or more.  It's not how the Johnsons do business.  The Johnsons want a marketable qb, bates wants someone who can execute his offense and mccagnan drafts players in the first round from big college programs who produced in college.  These factors point to mayfield first, Rosen second.  I really doubt allen was considered when they traded up to 3, i think they traded up to avoid having to take him.   

The first thing I i thought after hearing of the trade up to 3 was "Awesome!! We're getting Darnold, Rosen or Allen!"  Never did it cross my mind that Mayfield was an option. Not once. 

And I'm sticking to that. 

3 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I saw Namath play and he wasn't anything like Rosen.  I question anyone's judgement who is trying to be drafted and says they don't want to play for team drafting first then reverses himself, and the politicization of football is just distasteful to me.  Everything else seems to be getting political, can't we just have one bastion where politics doesn't play and we just can enjoy the game.   

Exactly.

image.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

If you seriously think Kaepernick is less talented than 32 starters and 32 backups, I’d implore you to check out a list of the league’s backup QB situation (shoot, pick any division). 

It’s not a talent issue or question of ability. This is 100% PITA-factor. 

Not that I care. I’m going to go back to drawing dick cats. 

I don't think he's worse than 64 QBs. I also don't think he's a top level starter. I go back to my original point. He's not worth the headache for a QB who isn't really moving the needle for your franchise. It's the same reason Tebow is a baseball player now. I remember we had to have a press conference for him in a field house to make room for reporters. He was our punt protector. Tebow isn't worse than 64 other QBs, just a pain in the ass distraction who isn't good enough to make it worth it

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Yeah sure its AOK when their views align with yours amirite?

And you know me and my beliefs how? Let me help you out, I am a 65 year old veteran who fought for peoples rights whether they are the same as mine or not.  How about you?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He doesn't suck, are you drunk or institution punch or sniffing craft glue. COME ON MAN