Rich Cimini" I'm predicting Baker Mayfield at No. 3....I really think they like Mayfield"

Jetsbb

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

All good, we have our opinions and I am ready to cheer for the Jets pick, even if it's Allen :) - looking forward to moving past the draft and seeing if they have a team that can compete...

i am with you. ill be happy no matter who they pick...until i am not...and then we can get all of them fired and start over :blink:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

And if Sam Bradford could have stayed healthly - ever - he would have been a very successful NFL QB.

Bradford is a very good example on why you pass on Rosen...

how about Eli, Peyton Manning, and Phillip Rivers? are they an example of why you pass on Rosen?

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

how about Eli, Peyton Manning, and Phillip Rivers? are they an example of why you pass on Rosen?

Did those guys have multiple concussions, injuries dating back to high school, injuries to their throwing shoulders and didn't finish each of their last two college seasons? 

Because that's Rosen's track record - and the idea that anyone thinks he's going to get through a 16 week NFL schedule is just wishful thinking.  Drafting Rosen will set this franchise back 5 years.

15 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The injuries scare me though

For me, it is more an issue regarding his style of play being one that might put him at risk.  He doesn't seem to be as good at sidestepping hits as he is at delivering the ball.  And that would seem to be something that might keep him from having a long career.

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

and sam bradford threw for 50 TD's his last year in Oklahoma. dont buy the hype...its not happening.

just saw that Baker isnt even going to be at the draft!! u know who does that? a player who thinks he is sliding....thats who.

If you say so.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

A source I know that works at the restaurant where the Jets took Baker last night (to protect him, let's just call him the pasta guy), said he believes the Jets love Baker and will take him if he is there at #3.

What did the pepper boy think?

If the Jets are so high on Mayfield and making it so public to me that's a risk. I don't think Mayfield to the Jets is a sure thing as some do. There might be a team sitting back ready to jump ahead of us if they have Mayfield as their #1. I am all for Mayfield to the Jets but it just seems like they are showing there hand way too much. I know some will say nobody is going to trade up to 2 to grab Mayfield, but nobody knows for sure. 

From least to most accurate; Jets and Mayfield -- this thing won't go away.

The MMQB's Robert Klemko stated he is "putting my money" on Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield landing with the Jets.

Klemko is deep into a multi-part series covering Mayfield's time at Oklahoma and his draft process. Right now there is no one closer to Mayfield's team and his features have included great details about Mayfield's experience over the last month. As we all know, the Jets traded up to the third overall pick weeks before the draft. It is impossible for them to know exactly who will be on the board, but Mayfield could be the target.

Archived