Josh Allen Film Review

Doggin94it

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He plays the best QB. As sad as reality is, Fitz and McCown we’re our best QB’s. Any doubt of that was erased once Petty stepped on the field. That kid is hot garbage and likely threw his last NFL pass. Hack is even worse which is hard to even fathom. Just because you didn’t see him on the field doesn’t make it any less true.

If our draft pick is better than Josh McCown on opening day he’s gonna play.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Still disagree. The CS admitted they would not work on what needed to be corrected in Hack till after the season. I do not trust Mr Todd Bowels to make any prudent evaluation or provide needed development for our QB's . Let's just pray to god Bates is the answer and has the cajones to stand up  to Todd for the better of Jets football.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Still disagree. The CS admitted they would not work on what needed to be corrected in Hack till after the season. I do not trust Mr Todd Bowels to make any prudent evaluation or provide needed development for our QB's . Let's just pray to god Bates is the answer and has the cajones to stand up  to Todd for the better of Jets football.

Like the plan to redshirt him being from draft day, this is a false interpretation of coaching staff quotes.  This sh*t is like telephone.  

30 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Are you telling me Gailey didn't say that ???

Yes.  Gailey said they could not completely change Hackenberg's footwork during the season.  That does not mean that they refused to "work on what needed to be corrected in Hack till after the season."  

This board wants to make Gailey's statements out to be an indictment of the coaching staff for not developing the kid.  They were an indictment of Hackenberg who apparently was so far from an NFL QB that he basically needed to be taught how to throw.

6 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

No worries.  Just avoid lines like "you have to know what you're looking at" when you're going off memory, because if your memory is off it comes off poorly.

There was a second vertical farther to the right and a look to the left would have held the safety for a split second.  If this was a one-time problem for Allen that would be one thing, but I'm seeing in that tape what Orlovsky is describing generally: a habit of staring down his intended receiver.

No, I was literally talking about his mechanics - he threw off his back foot with an awkward short-arm motion, and while it's impressive that he can "arm" the ball that far, he had more than enough space to step into the throw and put it on target.  He'd have gotten hit after he threw, but that's a price a QB needs to be willing to pay on a play like that, especially a guy as big as Allen.

I'm attaching screen shots of the pass rush and step into the pass that Allen makes - you can see he takes a half step bringing his feet even on the throw, rather than a full step

Again, I'm attaching screenshots; you can see that the intended receiver has no chance of making a play on the ball

FireShot Capture 002 - NCAAF 2017 Week 08 Boise State vs Wyoming - _ - https___www.youtube.com_watch.png

FireShot Capture 001 - NCAAF 2017 Week 08 Boise State vs Wyoming - _ - https___www.youtube.com_watch.png

FireShot Capture 003 - NCAAF 2017 Week 08 Boise State vs Wyoming - _ - https___www.youtube.com_watch.png

FireShot Capture 004 - NCAAF 2017 Week 08 Boise State vs Wyoming - _ - https___www.youtube.com_watch.png

FireShot Capture 005 - NCAAF 2017 Week 08 Boise State vs Wyoming - _ - https___www.youtube.com_watch.png

It was a bad pass like you said. Folks can explain it away all they want. He had minimal pressure in the pocket, over threw his man who was surrounded by 3 players in blue, got the ball picked but had a guy wide open 5 yards away from him with the defender giving a 5 yard cushion on 2nd and 10. 

These be the plays that I sit back and watch folks try to explain away with magic and voodoo. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes almost like the parrotty posts of dbatseman - Allen Sucks, Allen Sucks , Allen Sucks , dbates want's a cracker Allen Sucks !!! :D

You really don't know the difference between parody and "parrotty", do you?  (Hint - the latter isn't a word)

39 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

You really don't know the difference between parody and "parrotty", do you?  (Hint - the latter isn't a word)

No , I really don't know , I only scored a 30 on my wonderlic . it was sarcasm that obviously went over your head.

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Ah. I "may of" missed that.

No problem. I really do appreciate the guys like yourself who will break down film or back up your points with substance as opposed to those like I mentioned earlier who think their funny just reiterating stuff like Allen Sucks. 

17 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

If I get a chance, sure.  Glad it was appreciated

Very much appreciated, also don't sell yourself short you did a fine job evaluating what was going on. Remember it's just a game not rocket science sometimes I think fans give coaches and analysts way too much credit. I played this game for a long time and watched the game for a long time there is not much to process when watching film yes some have the time to do it as a job but it certainly does not make them soooo much more qualified like some may think. Thank You.

FWIW I hope the Jets take Rosen. When it comes to watching his film I think you will see a much more polished QB who still has the size and a very strong arm . The measureables between Rosen and Allen are not that far apart to make the statement Allen has so much more upside that's just crap people seem to make up as they go along. IMHO Rosen is far and above the best QB in this draft for many different reasons. The biggest reason ? Hes smart and questions everything he does and his coaches do, not because hes a smart ass but because he wants to understand the position better than anyone, that's what I get from Josh Rosen. If he didn't want to be bothered like some suggest why question anything :)

Archived