CBSSports: Giants will only draft Darnold at #2: no interest in Rosen

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Why wouldn’t they trade with broncos ? Get a hoard of picks and select prob same guy they were going to take at 2

Out here they're talking about the Bronco's possibly trading DOWN with the Bills to 12th. Of course that was before Incognito quit. Who the hell knows what's going to happen between today and draft nite.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Out here they're talking about the Bronco's possibly trading DOWN with the Bills to 12th. Of course that was before Incognito quit. Who the hell knows what's going to happen between today and draft nite.

Don’t think it’s smart to pretend you will trade down when reality is they have perfect spot to trade up for a decent price ? I just don’t see any reason why giants wouldn’t love to trade with broncos. If it’s actually true they wouldn’t take Rosen. The giants gm loves to build through the line, sure he loves Nelson. It would be stupid to take him at 2, many will argue even 5 is too high for a guard, even if he is the best guard prospect in at least a decade.

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Dorsey's not stupid. I think they take Darnold at #1 and that's that. Chubb or Barkley at #4.

but the question was asked, why do the giants want the browns to take darnold?  my response was, well, let's look at who else the browns are considering.  

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i dunno dude this Josh Allen at 1 stuff was real this time last year and is getting realer by the day 

Interesting Bit . If the Brownies take Allen and the Jints take Darnold then it comes down to Rosen vs Mayfield which seems like the likely scenario . If the Browns take Darnold and the Junts Barkley then we add Allen to the Jets choices. I'm leaning to Cleveland taking Darnold . They have spent a lot of time with him and his family. Time will tell.

On 4/9/2018 at 5:14 PM, Warfish said:

Yup.

With that said, alot of folks are worried about Rosen.  Fragile.  Meh average NFL Arm despite his fans claims to the contrary.  Prefers Tennis to football, has problems with authority and doing what he's told by coaches, and generally has a sh*tton of interests beyond football.

As much as with Mayfield, Rosen could be the ultra-bust of this draft if all these issues go sideways at once.  An injury, a fight with coaches, and a "**** this, I'm off to run for State Senate, lolz, **** this Trump'loving Jets ownership!" exit.

Or, he could just be Chad Pennington.  Good, solid, never great, till hurt, then not so solid.

Rosen is always described as the "most NFL ready", he's never described as having "potential for true greatness".

How can anyone be this wrong about QBs.  First Darnold had a weak arm and now Rosen had an average arm?  Well you do cover yourself by insisting you don't watch minor league football.  That's apparent.  Now where has it even been hinted that he prefers tennis? It that he has a problem with authority or doing what he's told.  Because he wants to be engaged? 

Lol, you don't have to like him, but you don't need to post imaginary issues from imagination or from clips.  

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Because Matt Ryan will never win a Super Bowl and cannot really carry a team on his back?

It would certainly be a major upgrade for US, no doubt.  Thats the silver lining here, is that whomever we settle for when they fall to us at #3 SHOULD be a major material upgrade over the McCown's and Fitzpatrick's of recent years.

Someone else said it, I forget who, but when you pick in the top 5, you should be doing so thinking that the guys you pick will one day wear the Yellow jackets of the HOF.  I agree with that mindset.

You do not pick "average" at #3.  You can get average later.  You pick for greatness at #1, #2, #3, etc.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, Didn't.  I am sure SAR will be along shortly to say that Mark Sanchez "would have won a Super Bowl if...." too.

Your point is legit, Matt Ryan > Any Jets QB since at least Chad Pennington (or one half year of Brett Favre). 

If we get Rosen, and he can stay healthy (big if), reacts well to our questionable coaching staff (big if) and defense-focused head Coach, and becomes a Matt Ryan clone, it's still much better than trotting out Josh 33% Winning Percentage McCown at age 39, 40 or 41....

Again, I'm really talking theory here.  I watched Rosen's interview with um....****, forget the guys name, was posted here someplace, but I liked the kid.  I like all the kids so far, not a one seems like a dirtbag (Mayfield sometimes get close tho).

If we draft Rosen, I won;t be here starting "Rosen Sucks, Fire Macc" threads, be assured.  But the number of issues each has will have me worried no matter who we take tbqh.

The guy who said that is the one who is going to be drafting Rosen.  

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Because Matt Ryan will never win a Super Bowl and cannot really carry a team on his back?

It would certainly be a major upgrade for US, no doubt.  Thats the silver lining here, is that whomever we settle for when they fall to us at #3 SHOULD be a major material upgrade over the McCown's and Fitzpatrick's of recent years.

Someone else said it, I forget who, but when you pick in the top 5, you should be doing so thinking that the guys you pick will one day wear the Yellow jackets of the HOF.  I agree with that mindset.

You do not pick "average" at #3.  You can get average later.  You pick for greatness at #1, #2, #3, etc.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, Didn't.  I am sure SAR will be along shortly to say that Mark Sanchez "would have won a Super Bowl if...." too.

Your point is legit, Matt Ryan > Any Jets QB since at least Chad Pennington (or one half year of Brett Favre). 

If we get Rosen, and he can stay healthy (big if), reacts well to our questionable coaching staff (big if) and defense-focused head Coach, and becomes a Matt Ryan clone, it's still much better than trotting out Josh 33% Winning Percentage McCown at age 39, 40 or 41....

Again, I'm really talking theory here.  I watched Rosen's interview with um....****, forget the guys name, was posted here someplace, but I liked the kid.  I like all the kids so far, not a one seems like a dirtbag (Mayfield sometimes get close tho).

If we draft Rosen, I won;t be here starting "Rosen Sucks, Fire Macc" threads, be assured.  But the number of issues each has will have me worried no matter who we take tbqh.

And who cares if the guy likes tennis more than baseball?  Lebron James liked football more than baseball.  So did Shaq.  

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

The guy who said that is the one who is going to be drafting Rosen.  

Ah, right, the Giants GM.

So if Rosen is going to #2 and the Giants (as you say).....why do WE care about him? 

He won't be a Jet, so why waste time pining for, and white knighting, him?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Browns: Darnold

2. Giants: Rosen

3. Jets: Allen

4. Bills (trade w/Browns): Mayfield

5. Broncos: Barkley

Then Dolphins take Jackson and Patriots take Lauletta who ends up better than all of them. I know it, you...we and we all go down together 

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Then Dolphins take Jackson and Patriots take Lauletta who ends up better than all of them. I know it, you...we and we all go down together 

My call too. Pats get the best QB at the bottom of the round

Archived