All Draft QB Rumor Mill Thread

Gangrene

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Despite all of the talk about the Jets' interest in Mayfield, I think he's the backup plan in case Rosen isn't there at #3. Mac always goes with the safe pick in the first round, and Rosen is the safe pick.

I would agree but with his concussion history i cant.  All NFL teams place a huge amount of grade on what they predict the health of a draft pick to be.  Someday soon(if not already) they will be using DNA/cellular testing to grade odds of bone/muscle and ligament tears.

23 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Despite all of the talk about the Jets' interest in Mayfield, I think he's the backup plan in case Rosen isn't there at #3. Mac always goes with the safe pick in the first round, and Rosen is the safe pick.

I still think Wackagnan has Shorty Mayfield tunnel vision 

On 4/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, T0mShane said:

I’d disagree that Macc picks the “safest” guy. He picks the one who will give them the least trouble. That’d be Darnold, who will be gone, and the next guy up would be Allen. It’d take some level of guts to draft either Rosen or Mayfield.

Wow!  I'm thinking the same way as you.  Rosen with his concussions and worry about how he will hold up is the same concern with Mayfield, who is smallish and a rarity to make it with his physical shortcomings.

Darnold and then Allen is the pick.  If both are gone, I think the Jets would be "hard pressed" to pick a quarterback that they really don't want.

Moving down to 3 was a risk, in that if Darnold and Allen are both gone, they will look stupid if they tradedown significantly and get a second tier QB not in the top 4.

It's Darnold, Allen or bust!!

Archived