All Draft QB Rumor Mill Thread

Gangrene

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In my mind F'ck the face of the franchise bit.  I want to win and I want the best QB out there.  I can ignore a persons non football foibles if he wins.  If the Jets , after looking for a QB for years pass on a better QB for those reasons they fully deserve the idiotic purgatory we have all been in for for years.

I'm not disagreeing.  In this particular year there seems to be no clear cut "better QB" as there are as many advocating for Rosen as Mayfield or Darnold.  And unfortunately given the climate of the country now there is going to be a good sized part of the fan base that will struggle with the non-football stuff win or lose...

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm not disagreeing.  In this particular year there seems to be no clear cut "better QB" as there are as many advocating for Rosen as Mayfield or Darnold.  And unfortunately given the climate of the country now there is going to be a good sized part of the fan base that will struggle with the non-football stuff win or lose...

If Favre had stayed healthy and won a SB for us, fans would have been happily marching down Broadway waving signs with his dick-pics on them.  I don't think many will care about the non-football stuff if we are winning.

can't wait until Josh Rosen grows a sleazy movemember mustache

just when you think a guy can't get more annoying, throw some facial hair on him 

let's be real Discount Doublecheck flies in cheese country but were all sick of Rodgers from 1500 miles away. We can talk about how winning games blah blah blah but I'm already sick of Josh Rosen and his hot tub time machine bull crap and it hasn't even started. 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

The media love this Bills agenda. The Giants will miss on all the Tip tier none QB's if they do. It would be super stupid. I just can't see the Giants doing it.

If Darnold is sitting there at 2 they take him. Hell the Browns could take Barkley at 1# and still take Allen at 4.

I dont see the Giants taking one of the QBs at #2. They may trade, but Gettleman rarely moves in the draft. Giants fans lost their minds when Smith started last year, so I think they will ride Eli for 3 more years and pick either Chubb or Barkley.

The recent moves suggest the Browns are taking Allen. I doubt Buffalo trades to 2, it would require something like both 1s this year, next years 1, and probably 2 2s. Buffalo is probably thinking that if Allen goes 1, then he might make it past the Jets who are known to favor Mayfield. Then a trade to 4 or 5 might make sense to get Darnold.

Of course, we might pick Darnold in that scenario anyway we really dont know if they have him above Mayfield. Rumors around this time tend to become a little more accurate.

41 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The Jets could have a path to Darnold if these two things are true:

1. The Cleveland Browns are set on Josh Allen.

2. The Browns are convinced that there is no way the Giants are taking Allen at No. 2.

If these are the facts, the Jets could trade their 2019 No. 1 pick to Cleveland in exchange for switching places with the Browns. Nobody could top this offer, let alone the Bills, because it would guarantee that the Browns will still get Allen. I would make this trade to get Darnold, although I'm sure a lot of fans out there wouldn't be able to stomach the cost.

Do this in a heart beat, 3 years later when Darnold is the franchise QB the Jets, and their fans have been pining for nobody will care what they gave up to get him.

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not sure what it would take for the Bills to get to #1 from 12 in a Draft with several elite QB prospects but I'd have to guess the minimum ask is #12 and #22 this year and the 1st round pick next year.  If I'm the Browns and Bills offer that then I might listen if only because the Browns have Josh Allen as their target and they'd be convinced he would slip to #4 anyway.

The only other thing I'll thrown out there is a wild guess at how the draft could go down with a 0.1% probability....but still possible nonetheless.  Bills trade up to #4 because they think there is a prayer that Darnold slips for some reason:  1. CLE - J. Allen  2.  NYG - S. Barkley 3. NYJ - B. Mayfield  4. BUF - S. Darnold.  (Also, I'd shoot Macc)

Imagine the Bills give 12, 22, both 2nd’s, and next years 1st!  Browns would have 3 1st round picks, and 5 2nd round picks in this draft, and 2 1st rounders next year, and both probably top 10 picks.  That would be crazy!

35 minutes ago, freestater said:

JiF isn't mean, just cranky. Wait till you see how cranky he gets when we draft Mayfield ?

Cranky is a good way to describe me.  I'm a Gemini after all, so I do have mode swings or multiple personalities.  semantics

That said, I will only be cranky about taking Mayfield if it means passing on Darnold or Rosen.  If they're both gone, thats who I want at #3. It's QB or bust for me.  I think I'd almost be able to convince myself on Allen too.  I just want a ******* QB.

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Coops has been around for ever and a day on various boards.  Only a philistine would not know coops.

< Philistine

25 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I dont see the Giants taking one of the QBs at #2. They may trade, but Gettleman rarely moves in the draft. Giants fans lost their minds when Smith started last year, so I think they will ride Eli for 3 more years and pick either Chubb or Barkley.

The recent moves suggest the Browns are taking Allen. I doubt Buffalo trades to 2, it would require something like both 1s this year, next years 1, and probably 2 2s. Buffalo is probably thinking that if Allen goes 1, then he might make it past the Jets who are known to favor Mayfield. Then a trade to 4 or 5 might make sense to get Darnold.

Of course, we might pick Darnold in that scenario anyway we really dont know if they have him above Mayfield. Rumors around this time tend to become a little more accurate.

Giants fans lost their minds because they started Smith.  If they had benched Eli to see about Webb or a QB of the future they may have remained fairly calm. It was a poorly handled and senseless act and I hate that goober.

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

just when you think a guy can't get more annoying, throw some facial hair on him 

let's be real Discount Doublecheck flies in cheese country but were all sick of Rodgers from 1500 miles away. We can talk about how winning games blah blah blah but I'm already sick of Josh Rosen and his hot tub time machine bull crap and it hasn't even started. 

Man u got quite the bug up your azz with rosen. Did he kick your dog or something 

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Meanwhile, this, is cool:

Image result for Baker Mayfield gifs

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I gotta hand it to you, no one loves dying on a hill more than Bit!

55 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not sure what it would take for the Bills to get to #1 from 12 in a Draft with several elite QB prospects but I'd have to guess the minimum ask is #12 and #22 this year and the 1st round pick next year.  If I'm the Browns and Bills offer that then I might listen if only because the Browns have Josh Allen as their target and they'd be convinced he would slip to #4 anyway.

The only other thing I'll thrown out there is a wild guess at how the draft could go down with a 0.1% probability....but still possible nonetheless.  Bills trade up to #4 because they think there is a prayer that Darnold slips for some reason:  1. CLE - J. Allen  2.  NYG - S. Barkley 3. NYJ - B. Mayfield  4. BUF - S. Darnold.  (Also, I'd shoot Macc)

If the browns want Allen they would be idiots not to trade their 1 and just take him at 4. I think browns would get more than their tow 1’s this yr and 1 next. Maybe their 2nd next yr, which probably will be a great pick ?

“I want to be great — in everything I do,” Rosen said. “As far as football, I always looked up to Kellen Moore of Boise State. I thought it was the coolest thing that he was the winningest QB of all time. I thought that was a cool word: winningest. So I want to be the winningest QB in NFL history. I want to win the most games and most championships. I’d say six titles, but if Tom Brady gets six, I’ll say seven.”

If Rosen sounds cocky, he says you have to be cocky to succeed in the NFL.

“I’m the best QB in the draft,” Rosen said. “A lot of guys are flashier, but I think I’m the most efficient, monotonously consistent QB in this draft. Rodgers has some flair, but if you watch Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, there’s nothing that’s explosive or Johnny Manziel — like. It’s just quarterbacking.”

Rosen says of his outlook, “I’m supremely confident in my abilities as a quarterback.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meanwhile, this, is cool:

yes actually it is cooler because Baker Mayfield is who he is 

he doesn't do interviews where he promises to be another person who doesn't talk so much 

cause we all know that's bullcrap 

The Jets are probably going to lose games at least entertain me on the way down 

Just now, bitonti said:

yes actually it is cooler because Baker Mayfield is who he is 

he doesn't do interviews where he promises to be another person who doesn't talk so much 

cause we all know that's bullcrap 

The Jets are probably going to lose games at least entertain me on the way down 

Image result for Baker Mayfield dancing gif

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Image result for Baker Mayfield dancing gif

Honestly bro if i get to write out the card it's saying Saquon Barkley.

Mayfield is the best cultural fit but I don't truly love any of these guys.  People want to make this a Baker vs Josh vs Josh vs Sam thing, I say screw it get the generational player and shoot for Lauletta on the flip flop.

But that's regarded as even crazier than taking the 3rd QB at 3. 

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Honestly bro if i get to write out the card it's saying Saquon Barkley.

Mayfield is the best cultural fit but I don't truly love any of these guys.  People want to make this a Baker vs Josh vs Josh vs Sam thing, I say screw it get the generational player and shoot for Lauletta on the flip flop.

But that's regarded as even crazier than taking the 3rd QB at 3. 

***draft toilet toothbrush cleaner***

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

***draft toilet toothbrush cleaner***

looking back on this draft 10 years from now it's possible Barkley will be the best player and people will wonder why anyone passed on him 

Josh McCown is excellent short accuracy. He can throw a dump off pass to Barkley. 

maybe Teddy Bridgewater is the QB of the future. He can throw a dump off pass to Barkley. 

It's not that hard to get Saquon Barkley the ball in space and let him operate. It opens up the whole offense more than QB3. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

looking back on this draft 10 years from now it's possible Barkley will be the best player and people will wonder why anyone passed on him 

Josh McCown is excellent short accuracy. He can throw a dump off pass to Barkley. 

maybe Teddy Bridgewater is the QB of the future. He can throw a dump off pass to Barkley. 

It's not that hard to get Saquon Barkley the ball in space and let him operate. It opens up the whole offense more than QB3. 

***draft bathroom peephole participant***

53 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

You forgot his best clip

52 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

THAT's the clip to use

It is better with the sound. 

“By the way, he’s the quarterback for OU.”

“He is... Is he really?”

“That’s what his girlfriend said.”

“He’s not very fast.”

Archived