Can a #3 overall QB in Rosen

Mike135

Draft this beast.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/10/josh-rosen-if-tom-brady-ends-up-with-six-super-bowl-rings-i-want-seven/

Josh Rosen: If Tom Brady ends up with six Super Bowl rings, I want seven

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 10, 2018, 1:24 PM EDT
gettyimages-898855152-e1523381025812.jpg
Getty Images

UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen says his goal as an NFL player is to win more than any quarterback has ever won before.

Rosen told ESPN that he wants to go beyond Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who has won five Super Bowls. So if Brady wins one more before he retires, Rosen will want seven in all 

“I want to be great — in everything I do,” Rosen said. “As far as football, I always looked up to Kellen Moore of Boise State. I thought it was the coolest thing that he was the winningest QB of all time. I thought that was a cool word: winningest. So I want to be the winningest QB in NFL history. I want to win the most games and most championships. I’d say six titles, but if Tom Brady gets six, I’ll say seven.”

If Rosen sounds cocky, he says you have to be cocky to succeed in the NFL.

“I’m the best QB in the draft,” Rosen said. “A lot of guys are flashier, but I think I’m the most efficient, monotonously consistent QB in this draft. Rodgers has some flair, but if you watch Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, there’s nothing that’s explosive or Johnny Manziel — like. It’s just quarterbacking.”

Rosen says of his outlook, “I’m supremely confident in my abilities as a quarterback.”

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Rosen a break.  He's trying to show the naysayers that he's confident and that he cares about winning.  If he said nothing, people would bitch and moan.  If he says stuff like this, people are gonna bitch and moan.  He's in a no win position.

Draft day can't come soon enough.

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Here's something I can't stand it's the adverbs.

He's not confident. He's SUPREMELY confident.

He's not consistent. He's MONOTONOUSLY consistent. 

One of the things I can't stand is when folks arrive at the conclusion first, then back-fill with whatever they can possibly find.

It's INORDINATELY lazy thinking.

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He likes to hear himself talk. If he can play- no one will care. 

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

"I have all the confidence in the world in myself, so I'm ready to work," Wentz said after he was drafted.

Why couldn't wentz just have confidence in himself and not "all the confidence in the world"???

8 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

He makes sense when he says that the great qbs aren't flashy, but more out of his ilk. Interesting. 

Not sure that's true though. 

He said it, but Aaron Rodgers is, in fact, flashy...so is Drew Brees.

Brady isn't - 

you certainly don't need to be flashy to be good but to say the good QB's aren't flashy is just not true.

37 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

"I have all the confidence in the world in myself, so I'm ready to work," Wentz said after he was drafted.

Why couldn't wentz just have confidence in himself and not "all the confidence in the world"???

Carson Wentz ended up injured. Nick Foles won that title. 

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Seven Rings? At what point will we be sitting here posting going,"Are we at 4 or 5 with that last Lombardi?" YAWN

People thought Patriot fans are arrogant aholes, could you imagine us Jet fans after the 3rd Super Bowl. Scuse me, scuse, me, J-E-T-S jets,, jets, jets fans coming through!

44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

People thought Patriot fans are arrogant aholes, could you imagine us Jet fans after the 3rd Super Bowl. Scuse me, scuse, me, J-E-T-S jets,, jets, jets fans coming through!

I'd be calling us the greatest team ever the minute we win one Super Bowl during my life time. 3 super bowls...I can't even imagine how big my head would get. 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If mayfield said it it’s arrogance lol 

True story. He was being cocky when he said he is the one to turn the Browns around. Cocky/Arrogant vs. Confidence...people decide between those two based on how much they like you. If they like you, it's confidence. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure that's true though. 

He said it, but Aaron Rodgers is, in fact, flashy...so is Drew Brees.

Brady isn't - 

you certainly don't need to be flashy to be good but to say the good QB's aren't flashy is just not true.

No but Brady is fashionable. Even Giselle said he cares more about clothes than she does...

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

No but Brady is fashionable. Even Giselle said he cares more about clothes than she does...

Was it Wes Welker in an interview a few years back who said that Tom Brady is obsessed with moisturisers ?

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He likes to hear himself talk. If he can play- no one will care. 

I'm just hoping he eventually starts to refer to himself in the third person.

"Josh Rosen is the best quarterback in the Draft this year.  Josh Rosen is monotonously consistent," said Josh Rosen at today's pre-Draft interview for Josh Rosen.

If he is there at #3 don't get cute, just take this guy and let's consider ourselves lucky.  It's like teams are trying to talk themselves out of him for some reason when for 2+ years everyone has known this guy is either the first or second best QB prospect in the Draft.  It's been this way for 24 months....he's the guy.  Yet in the final month or two before the Draft everyone wants to pick it apart and find a way to avoid him.

The Jets talked themselves out of Dan Marino and took a lesser prospect because they convinced themselves Marino was a drug risk.

Archived