Baker Mayfield meeting with Jets Brass(yesterday and today.)

Patriot Killa

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/75621/baker-mayfield-in-new-jersey-to-meet-with-jets-brass

Baker Mayfield in New Jersey to meet with Jets' brass

Quarterback Baker Mayfield is scheduled to be in Florham Park, New Jersey, on Monday and Tuesday for a pre-draft visit with New York Jets officials, the team's last chance to meet with the Heisman Trophy winner before the April 26 draft.

• Replies 141
    • Created
    • Last Reply

I can only hope and pray Mac is 1) smart enough to realize Mayfield is the most pro ready QB in this draft. 2)sometimes being a cocky little sh*thread is a great thing. It will serve Mayfield well in NY. 3) Stop worrying about height. Some guys can overcome that and Mayfield is one of them.

I thought I read Rosen will be in tonight and tomorrow 

With the NFL Draft a little over two weeks away, the Jets continue to get their last live look at the top prospects they could select with their third overall pick. 

After Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield wraps up his private workout with the Jets Tuesday, UCLA QB Josh Rosen will visit the team, per SNY's Ralph Vacchiano.

After Rosen's visit, USC QB Sam Darnold is expected to be next on the list at some point later this week. Wyoming QB Josh Allen is also expected to visit at a later date.

18 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I thought I read Rosen will be in tonight and tomorrow 

With the NFL Draft a little over two weeks away, the Jets continue to get their last live look at the top prospects they could select with their third overall pick. 

After Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield wraps up his private workout with the Jets Tuesday, UCLA QB Josh Rosen will visit the team, per SNY's Ralph Vacchiano.

After Rosen's visit, USC QB Sam Darnold is expected to be next on the list at some point later this week. Wyoming QB Josh Allen is also expected to visit at a later date.

Still waiting for the ratings grab when the draft evolves into a rose ceremony. 

New York Jets: Baker Mayfield-Josh Rosen Conundrum

The New York Jets met with Baker Mayfield on Monday. Is there a chance they take him over Josh Rosen if both are available at No. 3 overall?

The 2018 NFL Draft is an intriguing one for the New York Jets, because they need a quarterback, and all of them have major concerns. Sam Darnold has turnover issues, and Josh Allen has accuracy issues.

However, when it comes to Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield, it just may come down to which problem the Jets think will end up rearing its ugly head in the NFL, or if either will.

Advertisement

25 Tips for Beating Spring Allergies 
    Here are 25 simple yet effective tips for fighting off allergies this season.
    Ad by Flonase 

On NFL.com, Lance Zierlein posted these two weaknesses on the profile of Josh Rosen:

Durability is a concern

Scouts question his passion for football and whether he will be a willing student

Those are two major red flags that Rosen will have to overcome during the draft process.

When it comes to Mayfield, his on the field antics and off the field issue are a major concern. The arrest for public intoxication, disorderly conduct, fleeing the police, and resisting arrest, and the crotch grabbing incident are issues. As Zierlein wrote on his profile:

Has to prove he can reign in and control on-field edge and cockiness

When deciding between the two, it’s a matter of preference. Do they want the pro-ready guy who can step in as soon as possible, but may not have the passion needed to play the quarterback position, or the cocky quarterback who already has an arrest on his record?

According to NFL.com, their grades aren’t that far apart. The grades given rank them on NFL.com as “Should Become Instant Starter.” Both of them will likely end up being a starter — on the Jets — sometime in 2018. So, there’s one question that’ll remain if their both on the board. With the third pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select…

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/75621/baker-mayfield-in-new-jersey-to-meet-with-jets-brass

Baker Mayfield in New Jersey to meet with Jets' brass

Quarterback Baker Mayfield is scheduled to be in Florham Park, New Jersey, on Monday and Tuesday for a pre-draft visit with New York Jets officials, the team's last chance to meet with the Heisman Trophy winner before the April 26 draft.

There goes that.  We're screwed.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did you miss the part about the Chris Johnson meddling?

I seen that part. just didn’t really seem like a huge deal to me though. Probably just wants to know the kids just as well as our GM/HC will soon get to. 

The day to worry is the day that he decides he wants a certain QB and demands Mac to make it happen. That’s when you truly can get worrisome over meddling. 

Mac is a professional GM and while I don’t agree with all his moves, he should have the room and ability to do his job without the CEO breathing down his neck. Hopefully that never happens.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I seen that part. just didn’t really seem like a huge deal to me though. Probably just wants to know the kids just as well as our GM/HC will soon get to. 

The day to worry is the day that he decides he wants a certain QB and demands Mac to make it happen. That’s when you truly can get worrisome over meddling. 

Mac is a professional GM and while I don’t agree with all his moves, he should have the room and ability to do his job without the CEO breathing down his neck. Hopefully that never happens.

That's the way I interpreted his comment that he was going to be involved.  Meddling. 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

lol...if Mayfield doesn’t get drafted here than no one will care enough to ask.

Clever, Robert.

Oddly specific, though. I’d imagine the information he’s working off of is Giants taking Rosen at 2.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oddly specific, though. I’d imagine the information he’s working off of is Giants taking Rosen at 2.

Maybe. Hell, as long as we don’t take Mayfield with Rosen still on the board, i’ll be okay. 

Love Baker but if Rosen is still there, it’s kinda gonna piss me off.

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

LOL literally no one thinks Giants are taking Rosen. This just reaffirms other reports that Jets like Mayfield better than Rosen. They probably think he fits Jeremy Bates west coast offense bec he is better throwing on the run.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's the way I interpreted his comment that he was going to be involved.  Meddling. 

you are confusing the Johnsons...if this was Woody then I'd say maybe you have a point but since Chris has been in charges things are actually being handled in a more professional manner. 

Aside what everyone thinks and says if Rosen, Mayfield and Allen are still on the board at three, MAC should take the best QB available. And IMHO that has to be Rosen. The Jets have the best opportunity that they have had in many years to land a franchise QB. I still have my reservations with Mayfield and Allen

22 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Aside what everyone thinks and says if Rosen, Mayfield and Allen are still on the board at three, MAC should take the best QB available. And IMHO that has to be Rosen. The Jets have the best opportunity that they have had in many years to land a franchise QB. I still have my reservations with Mayfield and Allen

Rosen's injuries scare me man. 

How can anyone from NY or NJ have a problem with the crotch grabbing incident, that's just as common as a hand wave. He will fit right in. If he did that to Brady or BB after he threw a TD he would be a local hero. I know, maturity, work place ethic blah, blah, blah.

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I've said this before. Mayfield's questions seem to be the easiest to counter of the 4 QBs.

Right...because while Allen could get more accurate, Darnold could learn to throw less INTs and Rosen could avoid more injuries, there is really no point in asking if Mayfield is going to grow two more inches :)

Archived