Baker Mayfield meeting with Jets Brass(yesterday and today.)

Patriot Killa

On 4/12/2018 at 1:44 PM, Augustiniak said:

agreed but the giants are trading that far back.  even if the bills got to 8 and then tried to trade to 2, who are the giants taking at 8 after the qbs, barkley, chubb and nelson are gone?  this is a big problem for teams trying to trade up, and why the main team to worry about is denver.  the giants can slide to 5 and still get barkley or chubb or nelson.  and denver may steal mayfield from us.  but still, moving from 5 to 2 is costly, at least an early 2nd this year and another good pick. 

The Dolphins love Mayfield he is a perfect fit in Gase's system and it would not surprise me at all to see the Tanny give up the farm for this kid especially with the chatter/ rumors in south FL. I agree Denver and the Bills are an obvious greater threat, it dosent help that we are so  blatantly showing so much interest in him. It may be possible that they love him that much that they may trade up a spot depending on what the Browns do, that is the only way I can see them being so confident in him being there at 3. I don't see that happening and don't really want to lose anymore picks.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Easy to do that facing soft Big 12 defenses 

Not to mention Baker being arrested for "Public Drunkennes". This is the difference between our NY Jets and the NY Giants. They dont deal with players with immaturity issues like that. They could never win anything.

Oh, wait. 

OLE MISS QB ELI MANNING ARRESTED

AP, Associated Press

Feb. 3, 2000 1:47 PM ET

OXFORD, Miss. (AP) _ Mississippi freshman quarterback Eli Manning was jailed briefly after his arrest last weekend for public drunkenness.

Manning, 19, is the son of former Ole Miss and New Orleans Saints star Archie Manning and the brother of Peyton Manning, quarterback for the NFL's Indianapolis Colts.

Also charged were Justin Wade, a redshirt freshman linebacker from Jackson, according to justice court records.

The charges were filed after campus police were called to a fraternity party late Saturday night. Records show Manning also was charged with disorderly conduct, while Wade, 19, faced an additional charge of possession of liquor by a minor.

Campus police declined to discuss the charges, and a spokesman for the Oxford Police Department said his agency was not involved.

Manning, contacted Thursday by telephone in Oxford, said he had no comment and Wade could not be reached.

``Apparently two of our players, Eli Manning and Justin Wade, have used poor judgment at a party over the weekend,'' Ole Miss football coach David Cutcliffe said in a statement.

``Although I do not condone their behavior in any way, I know these young men regret their actions and we will take steps to ensure they have learned from their mistakes,'' Cutcliffe said.

The coach said disciplinary action would be taken ``as an internal team matter.''

Archived