An actually good read from Manish

Dcronin

1 minute ago, Dcronin said:

Saw that last week.  It is a good story but saying nice things about Rosen completely conflicts with the "Baker Mayfield saves puppies and makes plants grow in the desert" narrative so please keep it off this board.

All these kids are not as good or as bad as we and the media make them out to be. Hell the way some would have you think they are all defective. Its why all these stories are bullspit this time of year and its actually good to hear something positive about one of them. Now where's the story about Darnold saving the puppies and Mayfield rescuing the kittens out of the tree? Take it all with a grain of salt. Its the only thing you can do at this time of year.

20 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Im so conflicted. If i had my way all 4 guys would whip out their penises for measurement. Take the biggest one. Done.

and everyone in the prison shower takes one step away from HighPitch.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Totally agree 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Idk man..seems kinda like a blank thought to me.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This

1 minute ago, peebag said:

I loved the "White Album"

I cut and pasted from the article but there was some tomato sauce on my thumb that got on my phone screen which screwed up the “paste” part so I deleted it.

If the Jets pass on Josh Rosen to take Baker Mayfield then Mayfield better become the best damn midget quarterback the NFL has ever seen!  Rosen has been an elite prospect that NFL scouts have been drooling over for two years now.  Until Darnold burst onto the scene Rosen was the clear-cut #1 prospect.  He's kept it rolling for over 24 months and all-of-a-sudden people are concerned about little attitude things here and there, or the chance that Rosen, like any other player, could get injured in the NFL.  It's like these morons who listen to so much BS and eventually talk themselves into believing the Earth is flat.  They've now convinced themselves that Rosen isn't worth a #3 pick???  That's nuts.

Remember when Bill Polian almost talked himself out of Peyton Manning being the first pick??  There were concerns that he wasn't mobile enough and that his arm was very good, but not great.  He also didn't throw tight spirals...

Another personnel man didn't like the fact that Manning seldom threw a tight spiral. That's never really changed, either.  "Hell, yes, Manning's good, but his ball waffles all the time," the scout said. "I didn't like his ball velocity, either."

My goodness. What are we doing here?  If Rosen is there at #3 just take him.

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hey, give credit where credit is due...

Manish has been on a roll as of late...good read. He really has that type of consistency in him but he sold his soul to the NYDN.

maneesh on a roll? just because he pegged wilky? the guy is still a little twerp who needs to be shoved in a locker next to serby.  he's building his stories up for the kill when he'll naysay anything the jets do in the draft.

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

maneesh on a roll? just because he pegged wilky? the guy is still a little twerp who needs to be shoved in a locker next to serby.  he's building his stories up for the kill when he'll naysay anything the jets do in the draft.

There has been several other articles in a row that were pretty decent reads.

to each his own though, I suppose.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I cut and pasted from the article but there was some tomato sauce on my thumb that got on my phone screen which screwed up the “paste” part so I deleted it.

I just assumed you were trying to say "less is more".  I agree!

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If the Jets pass on Josh Rosen to take Baker Mayfield then Mayfield better become the best damn midget quarterback the NFL has ever seen!  Rosen has been an elite prospect that NFL scouts have been drooling over for two years now.  Until Darnold burst onto the scene Rosen was the clear-cut #1 prospect.  He's kept it rolling for over 24 months and all-of-a-sudden people are concerned about little attitude things here and there, or the chance that Rosen, like any other player, could get injured in the NFL.  It's like these morons who listen to so much BS and eventually talk themselves into believing the Earth is flat.  They've now convinced themselves that Rosen isn't worth a #3 pick???  That's nuts.

Remember when Bill Polian almost talked himself out of Peyton Manning being the first pick??  There were concerns that he wasn't mobile enough and that his arm was very good, but not great.  He also didn't throw tight spirals...

Another personnel man didn't like the fact that Manning seldom threw a tight spiral. That's never really changed, either.  "Hell, yes, Manning's good, but his ball waffles all the time," the scout said. "I didn't like his ball velocity, either."

My goodness. What are we doing here?  If Rosen is there at #3 just take him.

I really like Mayfield as a a player and think he can be successful, and as a fan it will be fun to root for him.

But I cannot imagine taking him over Rosen.  We have a kid who has the physical ability to make every throw accurately, with enough arm to play in the northeast winters and who should have all character concerns wiped out by a NFL scouting dept.  All that is there is the injury history, which is a fluky thing that could happen to anyone.

7 hours ago, BCJet said:

I really like Mayfield as a a player and think he can be successful, and as a fan it will be fun to root for him.

But I cannot imagine taking him over Rosen.  We have a kid who has the physical ability to make every throw accurately, with enough arm to play in the northeast winters and who should have all character concerns wiped out by a NFL scouting dept.  All that is there is the injury history, which is a fluky thing that could happen to anyone.

This.

Archived