Baker Mayfield vs Josh Allen vs Josh Rosen?

Sarge4Tide

QB at #3?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. If it came down to the Jets drafting Baker Mayfield vs Josh Allen with the #3 pick, my preference would be........

• Mayfield by a WIDE country mile
    • Close call, but I'd prefer Mayfield
    • Either one would be cool with me
    • Close call, but I'd prefer Allen
    • Allen by a WIDE country mile
  2. 2. If it came down to the Jets drafting Baker Mayfield vs Josh Rosen with the #3 pick, my preference would be........

• Mayfield by a WIDE country mile
    • Close call, but I'd prefer Mayfield
    • Close call, but I'd prefer Rosen
    • Rosen by a WIDE country mile
  3. 3. If it came down to the Jets drafting Josh Rosen vs Josh Allen with the #3 pick, my preference would be........

• Rosen by a WIDE country mile
    • Close call, but I'd prefer Rosen
    • Close call, but I'd prefer Allen
    • Allen by a WIDE country mile

1. Rosen

2. Mayfield

Wide Country Mile

Allen

I think Rosen has the highest floor of the bunch and is the likeliest to reach his maximum potential. I think if he's there at three he's the pick. That said, I really like Baker and would be happy with him. I like both guys more than Darnold at this point. If Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 I think Baker is the obvious choice... But I would be a little disappointment if we passed on Rosen for Baker, even if I like Baker. Just seems like particuarly with the trade up you want the more clear cut "franchise" guy who isn't trying to break the mold.

I wouldn't touch Allen in the first round.

Honest Question.

So what happens when the Jets take Allen at 3 and Mayfield and Rosen are still on the board at 6? Do you:

a.) go straight to the ER

b.) go straight to your local drug dealer

c.) beat wife or significant other and kids with your old John Abraham jersey

d.) practice buddhism and watch darts on the BBC for fun instead 

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Honest Question.

So what happens when the Jets take Allen at 3 and Mayfield and Rosen are still on the board at 6? Do you:

B

39 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Honest Question.

I will:

Go to my local drug dealer, which will cause me to be rushed to the ER where I will beat someone else significant other (preferably a Giants fan) with a Josh Brown jersey on to point blame away from JetNation. Then and only then will I join the remnants of the Branch Davidians' and prepare for the end of time.

:Trk:

51 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Honest Question.

e.) buy an Allen jersey and argue weapons. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Honest Question.

I think at that point it's time to fire up the "Fire Mac" billboards/planes/etc. 

The basic problem with Rosen appears to be the injury risk. The basic problem with Allen (with perhaps the best pure athleticism) seems to be accuracy although some of this may be because of his receivers. Mayfield is a bit shorter than the others. How those negatives are viewed by the GMs haven't been revealed so it is all a guessing game.

It is all conjecture and guessing games as it is with each draft. Enjoy the rumors.

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Honest Question.

E.) All of the above

6 hours ago, TheSage said:

The basic problem with Rosen appears to be the injury risk. The basic problem with Allen (with perhaps the best pure athleticism) seems to be accuracy although some of this may be because of his receivers. Mayfield is a bit shorter than the others. How those negatives are viewed by the GMs haven't been revealed so it is all a guessing game.

It is all conjecture and guessing games as it is with each draft. Enjoy the rumors.

Receivers weren't the problem for Allen.  His receivers really didn't drop a lot of passes.  Allen looked brilliant at times, and clueless at others with some of his throws.  So it's just a matter of whether or not you're willing to live with that.  Blaming anyone but Allen for his flaws will prove to be a fruitless exercise.  

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll probably put this in multiple threads, but I've finally settled on who I want.

Regardless of pick, the QB I want most is Mayfield.  Then Darnold, Rosen and Allen.  

Blast away, but if it were me, I'd be taking him 1st overall.

While I don't agree your oder - I respect the opinion - and what people around need to come around to that thinking with Mac.  

We have to forget where he's being picked, who else is on the baord, what we gave up to get to 3 etc....What we want is for Mac to take guy he thinks will be the best NFL QB - and not worry about what the fans, other teams and media will think.

The Jets have clearly done their due dillegence, knew they were taking a QB before the college season started, have scouted all of their games live, went to every pro-day, had private workouts and spent time with each of these young men on a personsal level.

Just take the guy you think is best and don't look back! That's all any of us should hope for.

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

Honest Question.

Image result for standing on train tracks gifs

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

Honest Question.

I'm a Jets fan and it's draft day. I'll already have drugs so B is just redundant. I'm going to start with C and end up at D.

Archived