Joel Klatt on Josh Rosen

Untouchable

51 minutes ago, bitonti said:

BIT: "please God don't let them take this dbag Josh Rosen. I just couldn't stand listening to two more words come out of his stupid face"  

GOD "Sure prayer granted. Angels, let him fall to... how about 23 and New England Patriots, Make sure Bit is tortured for another 20 years.  Peace out yall" 

Maybe it would turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Maybe Rosen can get Belichick fired like he did Jim Mora. :-) 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, should we start a list on how many QBs have a difficult personality? Do we have the time?

1. Brady - he's a dick

2. Rodgers - mind of his own

3. Rivers - can be abrasive

4. Big Ben - not enough time

5. Marino - always acted like a dick in games

I'll stop there. Feel free to add to the list.

Remember when IK Enkampali punched Geno Smith in the face?

Consider this: for whatever reason the Jets are starting to flirt with the Suh types, and are giving passes to KNOWN trouble makers (like Robby Anderson, Antonio Calloway, Isaiah Crowell, etc). 

It would take a STRONG locker room  to employ a mouth like Rosen without it getting itself wired shut.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Trying your best to avoid Cleveland, and publicly doing it are two different things. I remember when this broke and for a month Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold had to constantly state that they didnt mind going to Cleveland because Rosen made it such a toxic topic. 

He could have easily kept the public responses very general while privately speaking to his agent to help make sure he didnt get drafted by them. He made it a public spectacle. 

Very publicly refusing to play for the team with the No 1 overall pick didn't hold Eli Manning back, not John Elway for that matter

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Remember when IK Enkampali punched Geno Smith in the face?

Consider this: for whatever reason the Jets are starting to flirt with the Suh types, and are giving passes to KNOWN trouble makers (like Robby Anderson, Antonio Calloway, Isaiah Crowell, etc). 

It would take a STRONG locker room  to employ a mouth like Rosen without it getting itself wired shut.

This is a very good point actually. Rosen is given a pass now because of him being viewed as a potential franchise rookie QB. But all it takes is for fans of him today not to like him tomorrow, fans will jump for joy the moment one of these guys lay him out. 

Just look at the disrespect Geno Smith received. 

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

Calling Rosen and “intellectual QB” is a compliment.  Basically means he is able to process and learn everything he can from a coaching staff.  And if the staff doesn’t put forth the effort to make sure that the offense is going to be successful, they should get called out for it.

Brady, Brees, Manning, they would all do the same thing.  

But we have Todd Bowles who just fired his OC because we passed the ball too much.

The REAL issue is Rosen will call out his coaches to their face.  Based on previous history, Mayfield will tell his Dad and his Dad will go to Cimini and Manish.

No. From the sound what was reported Morton and OL coach were fired because they couldn’t get a consistent run game going. Plus Morton clashed w/other coaches.

Bates is a good match for Rosen. Reportedly both are prickly, intelligent. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

My original statement tells you exactly my point. 

Ah the old ‘I don’t actually know what my point was so i’ll act all like it’s so blindingly obvious only a fool couldn’t see it’....so you don’t actually have a point....fine, move on

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is a very good point actually. Rosen is given a pass now because of him being viewed as a potential franchise rookie QB. But all it takes is for fans of him today not to like him tomorrow, fans will jump for joy the moment one of these guys lay him out. 

What? The “disrespect” was because he was a turnover machine and wasn’t good. 

Complete passes to green and white uniforms, help win games and fans will love you

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I care less about the fans (divided opinions are inevitable), than I do about finally getting a franchise QB then not getting to see him play because of attitude-induced injuries. 

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

No. From the sound what was reported Morton and OL coach were fired because they couldn’t get a consistent run game going. Plus Morton clashed w/other coaches.

Bates is a good match for Rosen. Both prickly, intelligent.. 

Out of all qbs Rosen is the best fit for Bates’ west coast offense

Just now, C Mart said:

What? The “disrespect” was because he was a turnover machine and wasn’t good. 

Complete passes to green and white uniforms, help win games and fans will love you

Exactly, and the moment Rosen has a Memphis game or an Arizona game what do you think will happen? 

You just said it. 

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

I care less about the fans (divided opinions are inevitable), than I do about finally getting a franchise QB then not getting to see him play because of attitude-induced injuries. 

Or concussions everytime he takes a hit in the pocket. Remember, this is also a guy who hasnt shown that he can be durable. 

49 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Is Rosen really as accurate as he is perceived?  I am sure the Bill Barnwell piece has been referenced here, but the breakdown was eye opening for me

Rosen is incredibly accurate from 4 yards or closer.  72%.  However when you keep moving down the field, his accuracy is strikingly similar to Josh Allen.  Between 5-14 yards(ball in air) Allen Completes 60.3%, Rosen 59.3%.  15+ Allen 43.7, Rosen 44.2%

Now no data set tells an entire story, but Barnwell's article was the most in depth I've seen. I just found it extremely interesting. Rosen is widely considered surgical and Allen a mess.  

I think it goes to show that the most important thing is let QBs do what they at best at.  Allen coming to a WC offense like the Jets would probably be a disaster.  Rosen on the other hand, probably a very good fit.  

Rosen’s accuracy down the field isn’t great but he’s excellent on short and medium routes, can read defenses, go through multiple progressions, split the safety, has excellent feet and a Peyton Manningesque football iq 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly, and the moment Rosen has a Memphis game or an Arizona game what do you think will happen? 

You just said it. 

Not 1 game. Jesus. So freakin literal. Geno had seasons. Good grief. 

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

Calling Rosen and “intellectual QB” is a compliment.  Basically means he is able to process and learn everything he can from a coaching staff.  And if the staff doesn’t put forth the effort to make sure that the offense is going to be successful, they should get called out for it.

Brady, Brees, Manning, they would all do the same thing.  

But we have Todd Bowles who just fired his OC because we passed the ball too much.

The REAL issue is Rosen will call out his coaches to their face.  Based on previous history, Mayfield will tell his Dad and his Dad will go to Cimini and Manish.

Mayfield played with a stacked roster in Oklahoma playing in a wimpy defense conference he will fall like a house of cards on this current jets roster

Rosen will actually make players around him better.  

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

You left out the torn labrum and the 2 concussions sustained within, what, a 2-3 month period? He didn’t finish the season the last two years in a row.

No one is denying his talent, just like no one should deny that he has a worrisome injury history and a tendency to rub a sh*tload of people the wrong way.

I'm worried about the injury history, not so much about the personality issues.  I get the feeling the personality issues are overblown and seem to apply to coaches, not players.  And if a coach is complaining that a QB is asking "why?" then fire the idiot coach.  I WANT a QB who asks "why?"

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not 1 game. Jesus. So freakin literal. Geno had seasons. Good grief. 

"Seasons" are currently hindsight. Guys were getting on him as a rookie. Be serious. 

Geno played 2 seasons with the Jets, his second season all of his major stats went up and he cut his INT's damn near in half. Geno played 2 games after that. 

You making it seem like the dude played 4 or 5 years. He was getting the business during his rookie season and even more of it his 2nd year. That was just 30 games. 

Dont make my comment out to be like I dont know Jets fans. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Seasons are currently hindsight. Guys were getting on him as a rookie. Be serious. 

Geno played 2 seasons with the Jets, his second season all of his major stats went up and he cut his INT's damn near in half. Geno played 2 games after that. 

You making it seem like the dude played 4 or 5 years. He was getting the business during his rookie season and even more of it his 2nd year. That was just 30 games. 

Dont make my comment out to be like I dont know Jets fans. 

You’re now a Geno apologist because he played in the same system and same conference as Mayfield 

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if he screws it up... nothing happens

the Jets are the 9th most valuable franchise, worth $2.7 Billion according to Forbes 2017 rankings

buying the team for $635 million in the year 2000 was the greatest financial decision Woody has ever made or will ever make

On the grand scheme of things, sure.  A super wealthy person becomes even more wealthy.

All the while he has a team with zero stars and potentially a disaster at QB all the while the Giants will have either Darnold, Barkley, or Chubb, all of which are better than anyone on our team.  And if the Bills get Rosen, we can go another 15 years without clinching the division.

You are right, Woody is going to be fine because he accepts being the Pats and Giants b!tch.  Just replace NE with Buffalo when they get Rosen after we pass because we Had the mentality of the man votes, therefore we need someone dumber and more conforming.

Just now, Pcola said:

On the grand scheme of things, sure.  A super wealthy person becomes even more wealthy.

All the while he has a team with zero stars and potentially a disaster at QB all the while the Giants will have either Darnold, Barkley, or Chubb, all of which are better than anyone on our team.  And if the Bills get Rosen, we can go another 15 years without clinching the division.

You are right, Woody is going to be fine because he accepts being the Pats and Giants b!tch.  Just replace NE with Buffalo when they get Rosen after we pass because we Had the mentality of the man votes, therefore we need someone dumber and more conforming.

Woody celebrates  5-11

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It really is amazing all the barbs Rosen has to go through from people that don't know him at all. It's frustrating for me and I never met him. If people care more about how a player fits in more than winning games I don't know what to tell you. And no, one does not follow the other. I'm sure Brady is a pleasure to have in the locker room. Isn't it enough that a guy like that has been kicking our butts for 15 years - but no, we don't need a talented guy like that. Rosen has more talent coming out of college than Brady did. I just refuse to bash a guys personality when I know nothing about him. Every bit of information is an interpretation from the media. Namath was far from a yes man. I want a leader, not a follower. Talented QBs get special treatment by teams - they have and always will. 

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

It really is amazing all the barbs Rosen has to go through from people that don't know him at all. It's frustrating for me and I never met him. If people care more about how a player fits in more than winning games I don't know what to tell you. And no, one does not follow the other. I'm sure Brady is a pleasure to have in the locker room. Isn't it enough that a guy like that has been kicking our butts for 15 years - but no, we don't need a talented guy like that. Rosen has more talent coming out of college than Brady did. I just refuse to bash a guys personality when I know nothing about him. Every bit of information is an interpretation from the media. Namath was far from a yes man. I want a leader, not a follower. Talented QBs get special treatment by teams - they have and always will. 

Did you know Rosen’s family is rich and he actually majored in something other than basket weaving in college?  Hes quitting football in 2 years or is the next Chad Pennington!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Bates is a good match for Rosen. Reportedly both are prickly, intelligent. 

I agree with what you said, but with all the hype this class is going to get, they are forever going to be compared to each other.  So which one of these guys are going to sit back and allow the CS to hand the ball off to average RBs on 1st and 2nd down and then ask him to convert on 3rd and long?

So when people say that Rosen will clash with this CS, I say that any guy they draft is going to potentially have issues.

Just now, Greensleeves said:

That's the thing though, he wasnt winning alot at UCLA to begin with and he seems to be an injury prone player. UCLA lost 7 games this season. They lost their bowl game to Kansas State because Rosen refused, I mean was injured. Last season he missed most of the season due to injury and in his rookie year they lose 5 games and again lose their bowl game. 

He's not even winning games like that. 

5 minutes ago, Pcola said:

all the while the Giants will have either Darnold, Barkley, or Chubb, all of which are better than anyone on our team. .

theres nothing stopping the Jets from taking Saquon Barkley 

are we talking about Saquon Barkley again cause I'll be the conductor of that crazy train 

Just now, bitonti said:

theres nothing stopping the Jets from taking Saquon Barkley 

are we talking about Saquon Barkley again cause I'll be the conductor of that crazy train 

Every time I bring him up, it is not received very well either.  Maybe that’s our compromise.  ?

Archived