Why is Revis doing this?

prime21

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

this looks cool... that’s probably why he did it... also if he’s gonna announce his retirement then he pays homage to his journey while making it clear he’s a Jet first.

CDDDE3AB-377F-47DF-B5AD-C4D8E16E8304.png

Ah yes, the Revis principles of hard work, play, and practice - with the only exceptions being holdouts, faking injuries, or the lazy fat ass that twice followed both of his large, long-term contracts.

Revis hoping Jets fans forget all the crap he did to us while he was on a mission to suck out every penny he could from football. It was his right but it came with consequences including a fan base that will never truly consider him an all time jet despite being arguably the best 1 or 2 players that ever played for this team.

17 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Revi$= Douchebag.

Even the few times in history where the Jets got it right and drafted and developed a HOF-calibre player... this is what he gets. I wonder why FAs are turning down more money from the Jets to play elsewhere??

Loved watching Revis and Cro play back in the day. Even though our safeties were pedestrian at best having those two on the team made our secondary so damn good.

Clearly wasn't the same when brought back and when he fell off the cliff he is still to hit the bottom.

Time is right for him to retire. Yeah he held out but he isn't on his Pat Malone there. I choose to remember what he did for the Jets and overlook the less salubrious things he did.

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Even the few times in history where the Jets got it right and drafted and developed a HOF-calibre player... this is what he gets. I wonder why FAs are turning down more money from the Jets to play elsewhere??

Perhaps you missed the last Couple of years of his play. The guy dogged it on 17 mill per.

He was never the same after the knee injury, before he was traded to the Buc's. 

We basically got 4 years of Stellar play, and paid for 8. Not an all time great for me, his attitude and stealing money tainted him, he's 32 and out of football. He can't carry Charles or Ron Woodson's jock.

23 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Perhaps you missed the last Couple of years of his play. The guy dogged it on 17 mill per.

He was never the same after the knee injury, before he was traded to the Buc's. 

We basically got 4 years of Stella play, and paid for 8. Not an all time great for me, his attitude and stealing money tainted him, he's 32 and out of football. He can't carry Charles or Ron Woodson's jock.

I guess if your boss offered to pay you more than you were worth you'd decline out of "loyalty," "fairness," or some other implausible virtue.

The vitriol against a historical-best player is SOJF.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I guess if your boss offered to pay you more than you were worth you'd decline out of "loyalty," "fairness," or some other implausible virtue.

The vitriol against a historical-best player is SOJF.

He'd also fire me if I Dogged it. Revis stole money and his play was a big FU to the fans. He's no James Harrison.

He should retire as a Jet. If he's going to retire, Mac should sign him to a one day contract so he can retire as a Jet. He's hands down the very best player I've ever seen wear the NYJ uniform and yes, I saw guys like Klecko play in their prime. Revis trumps them all.

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

He'd also fire me if I Dogged it. Revis stole money and his play was a big FU to the fans. He's no James Harrison.

Given all the Jets' mistakes, embarrassments, flubs, gaffs, jokes, blunders, scandals and shames over its history, I just don't have any hate left for the 2nd Jet ever that we drafted and played the majority of his career here that is going to the Hall.

Let him show his face to be “honored” at MetLife and we’ll give him the same treatment we gave Firefraud and he’ll wish he never showed up. 

Lazy, selfish fakers saying they represent the team who only care about themselves.  We’re not the gullible fools they think we are, the Giants Stadium drunkards aren’t running the show anymore.  Ed found that out the hard way.  Looks like Darrelle is next.

SAR I

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Revis hoping Jets fans forget all the crap he did to us while he was on a mission to suck out every penny he could from football. It was his right but it came with consequences including a fan base that will never truly consider him an all time jet despite being arguably the best 1 or 2 players that ever played for this team.

that damn guy, he was only the best player to ever play for this franchise and one of the best corners of all time.  Damn him for wanting to actually get paid what he was worth!

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Only Jets fans can hate one of the best players in our history. Shocking. Not.

THE best and no one comes close.  No Jet has ever played their position at a hi9gher level than Revis but Jet fans bash him and praise Brett favre.  It's why we don't deserve to win.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that damn guy, he was only the best player to ever play for this franchise and one of the best corners of all time.  Damn him for wanting to actually get paid what he was worth!

THE best and no one comes close.  No Jet has ever played their position at a hi9gher level than Revis but Jet fans bash him and praise Brett favre.  It's why we don't deserve to win.

A lot of the hatred stems from Macagnan and Woody giving him a $100 million contract only to watch him become a dud

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Given all the Jets' mistakes, embarrassments, flubs, gaffs, jokes, blunders, scandals and shames over its history, I just don't have any hate left for the 2nd Jet ever that we drafted and played the majority of his career here that is going to the Hall.

I don't hate him, I just don't like him. His lack of effort was got me. He may get in the Hall but he's not first ballot.

Give me a Wayne Chrebet, Victor Green, Joe Klecko, any day over a Revis.

Things get buried with time no need to hold a grudge against him. At the end of the day business is business and he had to cater to his career. He got a chip for it and solidified being a HoF. 

I’m still a Revis Fan 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Can’t blame Revis for that. Revis never turn down more money. 

Archived