Why is Revis doing this?

prime21

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Revis had ONE bad year for us. he was very good in 2015, he wasn't Revis 2009/2010 but nobody has ever played the position as well as Revis 2009/2010.

The same wayne Chrebet that held the Jets hostage in 2002 knowing how popular he was w/ the fans and threatening to sign w/ the giants if he became a FA.  The money we gave Wayne at the end of his career could have gone to Coles but we'd lose coles in FA thanks to Wayne.

we all love Wayne but the guy wasn't half the player Revis was.  Wayne was a nice player, revis an all time great.

I wonder why you hate revis for playing for other teams but you were ok w/ Victor Green going to NE and Klecko going to Indy?

Players have a short window to maximize their earnings, it sucks for fans sometimes but I don't blame any player for getting as much as they can. 

The only season he wasn't in shape was his last season when he was hurt and rehabbing.  You act like it was an annual thing, it was one offseason and one bad year. 

Revis was the biggest reason why we had SB chances and we had enough talent, including at QB, to get to and win SBs in his peak years.  The guys around him just didn't get it done.

did he leave us via FA? No, he was TRADED away then when TB released him he contacted the Jets about wanting to return.  we had no interest and he went to a place he could win.  That is on us not him.

One year? He missed training camp to hold out like an annual event. Pulled his hammy because that’s what happens when you are out of football shape. Yeah sure. One year. 

0F2849E6-A10D-4A26-9780-7E58A4040EFC.jpeg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Ed was replaced by a guy in a spandex body suit and boxers.  

I want the entire fan mascot genre gone so if it takes a worse version of Ed to make the “super fan” crap stop for good so be it. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

One year? He missed training camp to hild out like an annual event. Pulled his hammy because that’s what happens when you are out of football shape. Yeah sure. One year. 

One year.  

And, he was really beaten like a drum by Moss on that catch. 

As an owner or GM my approach to a player that is under contract that holds our would be simple 

No discussion until the player shows up and works hard 

If they actually start missing practices  the offer is rescinded and goes down 5% a day 

The players only have so many years to make money and nobody has ever sat an entire year. 

Call the bluff 

The holdouts are on weak management 

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

I want the entire fan mascot genre gone so if it takes a worse version of Ed to make the “super fan” crap stop for good so be it. 

SAR I

The J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant was the best in the NFL 

Diehard fans in their seats weekly appreciated and participated instead of having their faces in phones

End of discussion

On 4/13/2018 at 11:31 PM, Bleedin Green said:

Glad to see you still managed to sneak some more of your emo victimization into this one.  It's quite the skill you have.  The entire basis of your "unpopular opinion" is telling everyone else why the negative opinion of others about a particular player isn't allowed.  Your entire argument quite literally contradicts itself, over and over and over again.

I'm sorry trumpets don't sound and clouds don't part when you express your opinion, but here in the real world others will disagree. If you want to conflate lack of fanfare for the end result of the electric sparks between your neurons with banning your point of view, you've got a tough road of life ahead.

Again, and I invite you, and others, to discuss the merits of both side of this. If you want to spin this into a civil rights issue, well I slept through Constitutional Law, that's why I became a pharma lawyer.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I'm sorry trumpets don't sound and clouds don't part when you express your opinion, but here in the real world others will disagree. If you want to conflate lack of fanfare for the end result of the electric sparks between your neurons with banning your point of view, you've got a tough road of life ahead.

Again, and I invite you, and others, to discuss the merits of both side of this. If you want to spin this into a civil rights issue, well I slept through Constitutional Law, that's why I became a pharma lawyer.

You've kind of gone off the deep end, huh?  I mean literally the fit you're throwing right now is playing the victim of what you are the only one here actually doing, that you're committing an entire thread full of posts to, which is that no one is allowed to have an opinion other than your self-declared almighty one.  You're not even arguing the point, rather just throwing a little tantrum every time someone doesn't concede to you.  Lots of people think Revis is an a$$hole, and you're trying to tell everyone why that opinion, which has absolutely nothing to do with you at all, makes you some sort of poor, innocent victim.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, SAR I said:

Let him show his face to be “honored” at MetLife and we’ll give him the same treatment we gave Firefraud and he’ll wish he never showed up. 

Lazy, selfish fakers saying they represent the team who only care about themselves.  We’re not the gullible fools they think we are, the Giants Stadium drunkards aren’t running the show anymore.  Ed found that out the hard way.  Looks like Darrelle is next.

SAR I

Do you get paid commission every time you complain about drunks, or something?

2 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Rewards points towards a free pretzel for texting in people cheering too loudly at the game.:rolleyes:

A text messaging system is in place to enable fans to anonymously notify stadium security of any incidents while they are in the stadium. The team works closely with MetLife Stadium team members to respond to complaints of improper fan behavior. MetLife Stadium is proactively monitoring and issuing warnings. Bad behavior will not be tolerated.

To text: Open a blank text message and address the message to 78247. Type the word JETS followed by a space, the issue and the location.

9 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

You've kind of gone off the deep end, huh?  I mean literally the fit you're throwing right now is playing the victim of what you are the only one here actually doing, that you're committing an entire thread full of posts to, which is that no one is allowed to have an opinion other than your self-declared almighty one.  You're not even arguing the point, rather just throwing a little tantrum every time someone doesn't concede to you.  Lots of people think Revis is an a$$hole, and you're trying to tell everyone why that opinion, which has absolutely nothing to do with you at all, makes you some sort of poor, innocent victim.

When you're ready to focus on discussing football (Is or isn't Revis worthy of praise/adulation by Jets fans, in this thread, for example) let me know. Your game of sucking people into a debate about whatever it is your complaining about won't work.

On 13 April 2018 at 2:44 PM, Warfish said:

What I can't understand is the wide-eyed fanboi act here.

Revis was a good player, yes.  Given.  Not the GOAT (lol, no), but fine, if YOU want to think he was the GOAT, have at it.

He was also a mercenary whose constant holdouts hurt himself and hurt this team's chances.  

He was also just one CB, his great play (for the brief period it was great) was never great enough to really influence wins/losses.

He also vastly underperformed his later, larger, contracts, and hurt our team due to how much was invested in him.

He then made sure he got traded due to his constant difficulty and demands, and went on to win a Super Bowl with our MOST ******* HATED RIVAL.

He never, ever, had love for the Jets or jets fans.  He's spit on you and take a sh*t on your face if it meant another lucrative contract for him.  I don't fault a man for getting what he thinks is his......but nor do I need to blow him in fanboi awe after he does it to a point that hurts the franchise.

And he's certainly not posting this sh*tshow to honor or talk about the Jets, it's clearly a "look at me, I'm going to be in the Hall soon" self promotion/image repair service for his last few years of abysmal play.

I'll tell you this, the era of "Revis Island" was shorter than folks like to think, and the era of "Burnt Toast revis" alot longer.  All this "he's a lock first ballot" talk is premature.  The hall usually wants ten years of consistent greatness, Revis doesn't have that.

But even if he IS a HOF'er, good for him, because it's all about him.  Not us, not the Jets, not any legacy of his time here.  He won nothing, and hurt us as often as his play helped us.  

If you want to blow that guy,have at it, but I'm going to shove that grinning ****sticks Patriots Super Bowl picture right down your virtual throats every time you do.  THAT is his legacy, that ring, not what he did here.

image.jpg

12 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

It's the easiest way to describe a segment of the 1980's and 1990's Jets fan base that is almost entirely extinct.  Public drunkenness is no longer a tolerable form of behavior at Jets games, it's one of the biggest benefits of the PSL cleansing that took place in the creation of MetLife Stadium. 

The Jets mistake, and often the mistake made by these retired drunks who no longer regularly attend Jets games, is failing to recognize that the fans in MetLife Stadium today aren't the same drunken blue collar group with the terrible Mets-like low expectations from decades passed.  

That embarrassing radio commercial campaign offering season tickets with a voiceover character doing a blue-collar "dis team is da best" Long Island accent, the "pregame biggest Jets chant in history" which was an embarrassing bust for Firefraud, the chant contest that no one cared about to replace Ed who no one wanted anymore, and on and on.  Honoring a lazy Jets-quitter like Darrelle Revis would be another misread of the fanbase, just like they did in constantly shoving blue collar man Fireman Ed in our white collar faces and now blue collar loser Chad Pennington in our white collar winner faces.  

SAR I

12 minutes ago, King P said:

Oh look, JN being upset again that a player put business first before everything else. Color me shocked 

If it were up to ya'll, players would be making peanuts like the good ol days 

To Darrelle Revis, "business" means running away from a tackle because he might get injured and lose bonus money and then setting that example in the locker room encouraging others to loaf and hold out.  He was a decent player corrupted by the "business".  And now he wants to run the retire-as-a-Jet playbook and make more money off our backs at card shows and personal apppearances?  GFY, Darrelle.

So now he can enjoy his money while the fans he cheated can withhold the respect he apparently craves. We get the last laugh as the boo's cast down from MetLife Stadium on Darrelle Revis Day.  Perhaps 82,500 true fans will throw pennies at him and watch him scurry around collecting them like the underprivileged kids did in the old Gate D spirals.  

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's the easiest way to describe a segment of the 1980's and 1990's Jets fan base that is almost entirely extinct.  Public drunkenness is no longer a tolerable form of behavior at Jets games, it's one of the biggest benefits of the PSL cleansing that took place in the creation of MetLife Stadium. 

The Jets mistake, and often the mistake made by these retired drunks who no longer regularly attend Jets games, is failing to recognize that the fans in MetLife Stadium today aren't the same drunken blue collar group with the terrible Mets-like low expectations from decades passed.  

That embarrassing radio commercial campaign offering season tickets with a voiceover character doing a blue-collar "dis team is da best" Long Island accent, the "pregame biggest Jets chant in history" which was an embarrassing bust for Firefraud, the chant contest that no one cared about to replace Ed who no one wanted anymore, and on and on.  Honoring a lazy Jets-quitter like Darrelle Revis would be another misread of the fanbase, just like they did in constantly shoving blue collar man Fireman Ed in our white collar faces and now blue collar loser Chad Pennington in our white collar winner faces.  

SAR I

Washington Capital games and Washington National games have more white collar patrons than any sporting event probably should.  I always figured they don’t get hammered as much  because it’s contraindicated due to their Zoloft prescriptions  they take because they are Washington Capital and Washington’s National fans. 

Shit! Who knew?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Washington Capital games and Washington National games have more white collar patrons than any sporting event probably should.  I always figured they don’t ger hammered as much  because it’s contraindicated due to their Zoloft prescriptions  they take because they are Washington Capital and Washington’s National fans. 

sh*t! Who knew?

Have you seen the beer at Nationals Park?  It's like going to a microbrewery.

Sadly, it's 100 flavors of yellow IPA, not a single damned Porter or Stout available, much disappoint!

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Washington Capital games and Washington National games have more white collar patrons than any sporting event probably should.  I always figured they don’t get hammered as much  because it’s contraindicated due to their Zoloft prescriptions  they take because they are Washington Capital and Washington’s National fans. 

sh*t! Who knew?

It's just an example of changing morals.  Twas a time where smoking and drunkenness in public were thought to be cool.  But that ended when zubaz and Molly Hatchet ended and it took the likes of the PSL enema to weed those people out and send them to their moldy basements and stale pretzels.

Whether inebriation, career choice, or intelligence level, Jets fans of today are smart enough not to fall for the old Jedi Mind Tricks of the past.  We ended turncoat Fireman Ed who abandoned us as soon as the playoff runs stopped through sheer indifference, we'll end Darrelle Revis and his I-don't-tackle turncoat money-grabbing selfishness because we all know he played us for a decade and is now trying it again. 

Drunken Long Island Jets fans used to be gullible.  Those days are over.  Sober New Jersey Jets fans know better.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's just an example of changing morals.  Twas a time where smoking and drunkenness in public were thought to be cool.  But that ended when zubaz and Molly Hatchet ended and it took the likes of the PSL enema to weed those people out and send them to their moldy basements and stale pretzels.

Whether inebriation, career choice, or intelligence level, Jets fans of today are smart enough not to fall for the old Jedi Mind Tricks of the past.  We ended turncoat Fireman Ed who abandoned us as soon as the playoff runs stopped through sheer indifference, we'll end Darrelle Revis and his I-don't-tackle turncoat money-grabbing selfishness because we all know he played us for a decade and is now trying it again. 

Drunken Long Island Jets fans used to be gullible.  Those days are over.  Sober New Jersey Jets fans know better.

SAR I

Spoken like a true Gate D participant!!!!!! 

On 4/13/2018 at 3:50 PM, FidelioJet said:

I never blamed him, begrudge him money or desire to win a championship...just said he's not a "Jet"...doesn't belong in the ring of honor, number retired etc...

How, why or when means little to me other than that fact.

He will be in the ring of honor and will have his number retired after he becomes only the second Jet drafted by the team that spent the majority of his career with the Jets to make the Hall of Fame (and the first one to actually earn it on the field)

On 4/13/2018 at 4:12 PM, The Crusher said:

One year? He missed training camp to hold out like an annual event. Pulled his hammy because that’s what happens when you are out of football shape. Yeah sure. One year. 

So you are saying he was bad in 2010?  Do you watch football? He wasn't in football shape (how could he be?) early 2010 but when he was he was as good or better than his incredible 2009 season.  

Jet fans bashing his 2010 season? We have the worst fanbase in sports

57 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He will be in the ring of honor and will have his number retired after he becomes only the second Jet drafted by the team that spent the majority of his career with the Jets to make the Hall of Fame (and the first one to actually earn it on the field)

So you are saying he was bad in 2010?  Do you watch football? He wasn't in football shape (how could he be?) early 2010 but when he was he was as good or better than his incredible 2009 season.  

Jet fans bashing his 2010 season? We have the worst fanbase in sports

We also have the worst poster ever on a message board. You. Please show me where I said anything about 2010? I didn’t. You made that up because that’s all you do to make your point. I’m sorry if you need a hero so bad in your life you are willing to overlook things to make one  up. I’m not. Here worship your hero you Greatest Jet Fan of us all. Here is the high point of your hero’s career. 

381FB146-E8E7-4844-8BB1-872DFD488159.jpeg

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We also have the worst poster ever on a message board. You. Please show me where I said anything about 2010? I didn’t. You made that up because that’s all you do to make your point. I’m sorry if you need a hero so bad in your life you are willing to overlook things to make one  up. I’m not. Here worship your hero you Greatest Jet Fan of us all. Here is the high point of your hero’s career. 

381FB146-E8E7-4844-8BB1-872DFD488159.jpeg

I said he had one bad year, you countered by bringing up his holdout then hamstring issue accompanied by the photo of the line time moss beat him (revis used to dominate moss). That happened in 2010 so YOU brought up 2010.

Again, we TRADED him then when he became a FA the came to us and we passed.  He then went to NE to help them win a SB. How can any rational human being blame him for that?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I said he had one bad year, you countered by bringing up his holdout then hamstring issue accompanied by the photo of the line time moss beat him (revis used to dominate moss). That happened in 2010 so YOU brought up 2010.

Again, we TRADED him then when he became a FA the came to us and we passed.  He then went to NE to help them win a SB. How can any rational human being blame him for that?

My bad didn’t realize that was 2010. The reality is Revis held out in 2010. That’s fine get that money, he deserved it. But, please come back in football shape since you skipped training camp to get it. His right but I don’t think it’s a lot to ask to have himself ready to go when he got back .

He was the one that blamed his hammy for Moss one hand catching that ball in his face. Maybe training camp would have helped guess we would never know. But if we look past that he never really seemed to care to be in football shape for the season. He 100% quit on his last contract here and what he did in KC was literally parody quality. 

He was a great player here for awhile but The last thing I remember is him quitting on us. I don’t blame for going to the Pats to win a championship, that was his right just like it’s my right to not give a fuck about him. Yeah, yeah he was great for a few seasons while he was here but never a Jet as far as I’m concerned. He played for team Revis. That was his right to make that choice and it’s my right to not be a team Revis fan. 

Yes he will make the hall and yea he will be in the ring of honor. Honor? Haha. Honor!

On 4/15/2018 at 8:31 AM, King P said:

Oh look, JN being upset again that a player put business first before everything else. Color me shocked :rolleyes:

If it were up to ya'll, players would be making peanuts like the good ol days :lol:

If I rooted for the Revis Bank Accounts, I’d be ecstatic.  Unfortunately, I root for the New York Jets, who were negatively impacted by the Revis Bank Accounts.  You know that it’s possible to both make a ton of money in the NFL and not hamstring the team every other year.

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

If I rooted for the Revis Bank Accounts, I’d be ecstatic.  Unfortunately, I root for the New York Jets, who were negatively impacted by the Revis Bank Accounts.  You know that it’s possible to both make a ton of money in the NFL and not hamstring the team every other year.

Don't be ridiculous, Revis' actions should not only be accepted, but celebrated.  Don't you feel honored to have a player who, despite his ability, both the team and it's fans wanted to see sent packing... twice?

Bottom line, the entire cause of this discussion is Revis' desperate attempt to try to link back to the team on a personal level now that he's completely done, despite the endless justification of every action he took being "just business".

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My bad didn’t realize that was 2010. The reality is Revis held out in 2010. That’s fine get that money, he deserved it. But, please come back in football shape since you skipped training camp to get it. His right but I don’t think it’s a lot to ask to have himself ready to go when he got back .

He was the one that blamed his hammy for Moss one hand catching that ball in his face. Maybe training camp would have helped guess we would never know. But if we look past that he never really seemed to care to be in football shape for the season. He 100% quit on his last contract here and what he did in KC was literally parody quality. 

He was a great player here for awhile but The last thing I remember is him quitting on us. I don’t blame for going to the Pats to win a championship, that was his right just like it’s my right to not give a **** about him. Yeah, yeah he was great for a few seasons while he was here but never a Jet as far as I’m concerned. He played for team Revis. That was his right to make that choice and it’s my right to not be a team Revis fan. 

Yes he will make the hall and yea he will be in the ring of honor. Honor? Haha. Honor!

It is hard to be in football shape when you show up with a week to go before start of the season.  

In 2016 he was hurt and rehabbing all offseason then was terrible but he never showed up out of shape in any other season. 

We all hate when players hold out but we have to separate on field and off field. On the field he is the best player we have ever had.  I'm not saying build a statue but do we have to bash him all the time?   

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Please explain how the Jets were negatively impacted by revis?  Putting aside he was our best player on teams that made 2 conf championship games (the only time this has happened in franchise history) please tell me how we were negatively impact?

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Don't be ridiculous, Revis' actions should not only be accepted, but celebrated.  Don't you feel honored to have a player who, despite his ability, both the team and it's fans wanted to see sent packing... twice?

Bottom line, the entire cause of this discussion is Revis' desperate attempt to try to link back to the team on a personal level now that he's completely done, despite the endless justification of every action he took being "just business".

Exactly.  If you want to treat this as exclusively a business, that's fine.  You're certainly entitled to.  But, you're seeing the reaction when you do that, and then try to play the beloved champion role.  It has nothing to do with Jets fans, and everything to do with having no tolerance for the disingenuous nature of the whole thing.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Please explain how the Jets were negatively impacted by revis?  Putting aside he was our best player on teams that made 2 conf championship games (the only time this has happened in franchise history) please tell me how we were negatively impact?

No.  I've explained this before.  It's simply not worth debating it with you.  Sorry, not interested.

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

But those defenses were solely at fault for the failures in those games, right?

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

No.  I've explained this before.  It's simply not worth debating it with you.  Sorry, not interested.

All you had to do was say that you couldn't give me a rational argument.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

But those defenses were solely at fault for the failures in those games, right?

Those teams were led by defense, they were reason #1 that we won also reason #1 we lost those title games.  Revis was the biggest reason we got there and he did his job in both title games.

33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

All you had to do was say that you couldn't give me a rational argument.

No, there are many.  I just don't want to.  Sorry.  No one owes you anything, despite what you obviously think.  Search the older posts if you need the answer, it's already there.

Archived