advice for a Bill's mock

Dcat

So I am in a 3-round mock representing Buffalo.  No trades.  All 4 top QBs were off the board at #12.  (Miami took Allen at #11)

@Thai Jet lives up there in Bills land and @New York Mick already drafted for Bills in our mock.  Would appreciate your input as well as from everyone else who has an opinion here.

My picks so far:  1.12 Roquan Smith, LB;  1.22 Courtland Sutton, WR;  2.21 Braden Smith, OG (was going to take OT, but we just can't have Ducasse being the best G on the team.. thank you very much Richie Incognito). 

2.24, 3.01 and 3.32 yet to go

Here are the remaining QBs on the board: Lauletta, Falk, White, Litton and everyone below.  Rudolph is gone.

I'd like to wait until 3.01 to take a QB, because although I like Lauletta's potential, I think I can get much better value than him at 2.24.  (as in a tackle)

Here are seven the teams between 2.24 and 3.01: Titans, Falcons, 49ers, Steelers, Jaguars, Vikings, Patriots.

I think that the Steelers or Jaguars could take a QB, but probably not.  I think the Patriotrs will take one of them, likely Lauletta.

A few questions for you all:  I really have not watched much of Lauletta beyond the Sr Bowl (where he impressed me).  I've not watched Falk or White beyond a few highlight clips.  I don't care that much to do so, to be honest.  So I'm lazy and thus, this post. 

1. Is Lauletta head and shoulders a better pick than Falk, White or Litton? 

2. And if so, should I value Lauletta to the degree that I should pick him at 2.24 just in case the Pats, Jaguars or Steelers might snipe him or just wait it out past those three teams and hope he's there at 3.1? 

3. If he does get sniped before 3.1, do I then wait it out to 3.31 for one of Falk, White or Litton, and if so, which do you like best?

Thanks in advance for doing my work.  That's what friends are for.  View it as compensation for 15 days of managing that mock and/or the resulting Gato perma ban.

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So I am in a 3-round mock representing Buffalo.  No trades.  All 4 top QBs were off the board at #12.  (Miami took Allen at #11)

@Thai Jet lives up there in Bills land and @New York Mick already drafted for Bills in our mock.  Would appreciate your input as well as from everyone else who has an opinion here.

My picks so far:  1.12 Roquan Smith, LB;  1.22 Courtland Sutton, WR;  2.21 Braden Smith, OG (was going to take OT, but we just can't have Ducasse being the best G on the team.. thank you very much Richie Incognito). 

Here are the remaining QBs on the board: Lauletta, Falk, White, Litton and everyone below.  Rudolph is gone.

I'd like to wait until 3.01 to take a QB, because although I like Lauletta's potential, I think I can get much better value than him at 2.24.  (as in a tackle)

Here are seven the teams between 2.24 and 3.01: Titans, Falcons, 49ers, Steelers, Jaguars, Vikings, Patriots.

I think that the Steelers or Jaguars could take a QB, but probably not.  I think the Patriotrs will take one of them, likely Lauletta.

A few questions for you all:  I really have not watched much of Lauletta beyond the Sr Bowl (where he impressed me).  I've not watched Falk or White beyond a few highlight clips.  I don't care that much to do so, to be honest.  So I'm lazy and thus, this post. 

2. And if so, should I value Lauletta to the degree that I should pick him at 2.24 just in case the Pats, Jaguars or Steelers might snipe him or just wait it out past those three teams and hope he's there at 3.1? 

3. If he does get sniped before 3.1, do I then wait it out to 3.31 for one of Falk, White or Litton, and if so, which do you like best?

Thanks in advance for doing my work.  That's what friends are for.  View it as compensation for 15 days of managing that mock and/or the resulting Gato perma ban.

I’d take a C. Ragnow is available. The QBs will be there later

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I got Litton in the 7th Round with the Niners pick in the Jets forum mock. That's a guy you can stash and develop. Cannon arm, great size, smart kid. He will probably be around for a while, maybe not till the 7th but I would focus on his as the available QBs seem to be sparse. 

Not sure why you did not draft O-line earlier. That is a MASSIVE need for the Bills. I would have taken an OT at 12. Anyway...good luck. Also, love the Sutton pick. I think he may be the best WR coming out of this draft.   

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I got Litton in the 7th Round with the Niners pick in the Jets forum mock. That's a guy you can stash and develop. Cannon arm, great size, smart kid. He will probably be around for a while, maybe not till the 7th but I would focus on his as the available QBs seem to be sparse. 

Not sure why you did not draft O-line earlier. That is a MASSIVE need for the Bills. I would have taken an OT at 12. Anyway...good luck. Also, love the Sutton pick. I think he may be the best WR coming out of this draft.   

My round 1 thoughts:

I took Roq for value and need.  Bills LBs are atrocious... if not the worst, near the worst in the league.  Love the roq pick at 12.  No brainer for me there.

Bills WRs: Kelvin Benjamin (unreliable, oft injured, underproductive), Zay Jones (crazy as bat sh*t, see hotel incident, and can't be trusted right now), Andre Holmes, Rod Streater,  Malachi Dupree and some other unrecognizable scrubs.  Could be the worst group in the NFL just like the linebackers.  I was very happy with Sutton at 2.22.  I think he may be the best WR in the draft. Size, hands... has what it takes and a dire need for the Bills.

took guard at 2 because 1, he was very good value there and 2, Incognito left Ducasse as the best guard on the roster.  Pretty bad. 

Now I want tackle next, but am tempted to pull trigger too early for Lauletta. Does Lauletta live up to the recent hype?  Or is he just a guy?  Is he significantly better than Falk and White?

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Does Lauletta live up to the recent hype?  Or is he just a guy?  Is he significantly better than Falk and White?

IMO it is WAY too early to be taking any of these QBs. So if you were considering an OT, get one now, maybe one who is not a plug and play guy but has starting LT potential. I don;t know who's still on the board but a guy like Jamarco Jones comes to mind. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

IMO it is WAY too early to be taking any of these QBs. So if you were considering an OT, get one now, maybe one who is not a plug and play guy but has starting LT potential. I don;t know who's still on the board but a guy like Jamarco Jones comes to mind. 

Yeah, I'm going tackle here.  Here are the OT's still on the board:

Crosby, Okorafor, Corbett, Rankin, O'Neill, J. Jones.

I'm deciding between Crosby and okorafor at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well it depends on who else you have your eye on, if you have that many tackles i would take the Qb and then come back with  the top reaming tackle,

Agreed.  Lauletta doesn't get past the Pats in that scenario, and he's got enough separation from Falk and White to be worth grabbing there

Probably too late for my ten cents here but if I am the bills I am taking Lamar jackson at 12. Yes it is a reach but it is a reach at a position of dire need with no options remaining for them imo. Jackson could end up being pretty decent or end up sucking but he buys their front office some time while they find out and gets them out of the press confrences where they would have to explain trading away tyrod or even worse the fans demanding they trade to get tyrod back. With their next pick reach for the best availible wr or te so they have a playmaker hopefully. The idea of bpa is fine and dandy if you have a decent team already but the bills do not.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Sorry, I never posted the  mock for the Bills (It is a 4 round mock with no trades)

1.12 - Roquan Smith, ILB

1.22 - Courtland Sutton, WR

2.21 - Braden Smith, G

2.24 - Kyle Lauletta, QB

3.01 - Chukwuma Okorofor, OT

3.32 - Tarvarus McFadden, CB

4.21 -  B.J. Hill, DT  

Archived