Jump to content
jgb

Most embarrassing top 5 QB bust

Rate this topic

Who will be the biggest bust of the "big 5"?  

72 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will bust the hardest?



Recommended Posts

Allen - I really cant think of a player in recent history that has "all the tools" without the production, to put it together at the next level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chose Allen because I am assuming he is going in top 6 based on press, which I know isn't a guarantee. Now if he goes in the 20s then I don't know if i would say a "hard bust". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Mayfield and Jackson would be embarrassing, per se, because the inherent risks in drafting either of them are out in the open. Similarly, Allen busting wouldn’t be much of a shocking surprise—it’d get everyone fired and you’d just move on from him like the Dolphins will with Tannehill. The guy with the most potential to straight-up embarrass a franchise would be Rosen, because he’d be loud about it and it’d look something like what Luck is doing in Indy: getting hurt, then dictating when he’s coming back, when he feels like playing again, etc. Then he’d spend two seasons on IR and retire, then write an op-ed on The Player’s Tribune portraying your organization as a new-age Triangle Shirtwaist Factory situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Allen - I really cant think of a player in recent history that has "all the tools" without the production, to put it together at the next level. 

Maybe Stephen Hill.  Can’t think of another QB that has been so over hyped in my life.  Even Akili Smith has one fantastic year at OR.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, Josh Allen is 100% feast or famine. There's a chance he could be great? But then again despite all we saw to the contrary I suppose it's possible OJ was innocent?! The MUCH more likely scenario is that he busts hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Whoever is picked 3rd overall. 

probably.. the browns should Not have traded the #1 pick to us    ;)

 

 

 

:wine:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen by the length of an Allen deep pass.  And that's a long way.

He might have a chance of success if he is drafted by the 1970s Raiders, and just gets to throw deep on every passing play. But I don't think that's too likely to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it, and to elaborate on the question, I think only two QB's are going to be successful and become FQB's. Rosen and Mayfield. I think all the rest have too many questions and things that I view as high risk. Rosen will be a good QB IMO. I just prefer Mayfield more than anyone else. More than anything Mayfield's work ethic cannot be questioned. He's proven himself over and over again. Lets see if he can prove himself once more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Maybe Stephen Hill.  Can’t think of another QB that has been so over hyped in my life.  Even Akili Smith has one fantastic year at OR.  

 

Stephen Hill the WR we drafted over Alshon Jeffery who lasted 2 years in the league?  

I was specifically referring to QB but yeah, I think you could probably expand that out to include other positions and it would still apply.  Except for some of the UDFA type guys...but even most of them produce in college just dont project/test like others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen.  Not sure how he is going to miraculously and significantly improve his completion percentage at the pro level where windows to throw are smaller and the defenses are smarter and faster. Being coached up on his mechanics and catering an offensive system that plays to his strengths will help, but that's a lot of moving parts that have to come together for him to be successful. I'm not going to pretend to know if he can do it or not, but compared to the other 4 QB's, I think he has the most to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

For me, Josh Allen is 100% feast or famine. There's a chance he could be great? But then again despite all we saw to the contrary I suppose it's possible OJ was innocent?! The MUCH more likely scenario is that he busts hard.

20% chance he becomes John Elway. 80% chance he’s Christian Hackenberg.

If we were at #6 and the 3 other guys were gone I’d take the risk. Fortunately, we won’t have to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I voted Baker Mayfield. Only because it would be fitting for me to have sang his praises on the forum for over 2 years, watched him get drafted by my favorite team then proceeded to some how outperform the butt fumble. 
Worth the risk though. 


Hey man you gotta say what you feel. Nothing wrong with not being right once in a while. I am going to be happy if he is the pick in the same way I was about every other QB pick. I just want the Jets to get this thing right for once.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

Get Winning Picks

×