Johnathan Hankins???

GangGreenDover

The fact that he's still sitting out on the FA market a month after being cut certainly starts to bring up some serious questions about this.  It's the entire league passing on him at this point, not just the Jets, which seems quite peculiar given his past level of play.  I was, and to an extent still am, in favor of bringing him in, but it seems like there must be more to this story.

At this point, the only possibilities I can imagine is he's either asking for significantly more than any team thinks he's worth, or there's some other questionable stuff going on that somehow hasn't gone public (presumably off the field).  I have to imagine he hasn't suddenly been forced out of the league, so unless he has a year-long suspension coming his way, sooner or later he'll end up somewhere and maybe more information will come along with it.

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The fact that he's still sitting out on the FA market a month after being cut certainly starts to bring up some serious questions about this.  It's the entire league passing on him at this point, not just the Jets, which seems quite peculiar given his past level of play.  I was, and to an extent still am, in favor of bringing him in, but it seems like there must be more to this story.

At this point, the only possibilities I can imagine is he's either asking for significantly more than any team thinks he's worth, or there's some other questionable stuff going on that somehow hasn't gone public (presumably off the field).  I have to imagine he hasn't suddenly been forced out of the league, so unless he has a year-long suspension coming his way, sooner or later he'll end up somewhere and maybe more information will come along with it.

I think it's the former; he wants to be paid way more than teams are willing to.  The real question is why the disconnect

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

I think it's the former; he wants to be paid way more than teams are willing to.  The real question is why the disconnect

That was my initial impression as well, but you would think by now he'd be lowering his asking price, as it's now been a month.  The interest level will only further drop after the draft, so he's not doing himself any favors if it's about nothing but money.

Has to be a $$$ issue, Hankins did the same thing last year before signing with IND.  I would

like him but he's hurting himself because the draft is two weeks away.  If he doesn't want

to sign we can look for someone in the later rounds

39 minutes ago, KRL said:

Has to be a $$$ issue, Hankins did the same thing last year before signing with IND.  I would

like him but he's hurting himself because the draft is two weeks away.  If he doesn't want

to sign we can look for someone in the later rounds

Yup. He didn't sign until a couple weeks before last years draft. So, he is definitely comfortable holding out for what he thinks he is worth.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Stop making sense.  He's not signed because our FO sucks.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Report was that he wouldn’t fit as a starter.

Not sure I believe that. There’s lots of tape and scouting on him. He’s played in the NFL for multiple teams. Why would the Jets even bring him in, which they did, if he wasn’t a fit?

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure I believe that. There’s lots of tape and scouting on him. He’s played in the NFL for multiple teams. Why would the Jets even bring him in, which they did, if he wasn’t a fit?

That was the report. I think he said he didn’t see how he fit. Either way, no biggie

5 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

That was my initial impression as well, but you would think by now he'd be lowering his asking price, as it's now been a month.  The interest level will only further drop after the draft, so he's not doing himself any favors if it's about nothing but money.

Usually there is a rash of signings the week following the draft.  Teams get to look at their full rosters, and quickly fill the remaining holes.

He doesn't get signed that week, something strange is up.

19 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Gotta agree. I'd love to have him in green and white but I'm thinking it's about the benjamins. Macc probably has a price set and that's that. Same as with ASJ. Hankins better take something before the draft cause people will soon forget about him.

13 hours ago, varjet said:

He would need to sign a three year, reasonable, incentive based contract to be worth it. 

Same thing with Dez Bryant. 

I think Chris has clipped Mac’s wings on these deals.  

I'm betting Dez signs within the NFC East. Washington ? I think he'd love to play the Boys twice a year.

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Actually their linebackers (Williamson and Jenkins) are graded well at stopping the run, I believe 

And how exactly will they grade out that well with a depleted DL in front of them and lead blockers constantly getting through? Darron Lee is completely ineffective when tasked with fighting off blocks.

Archived