Mark Sanchez suspended for PEDs

JetsFanatic

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He has a chance to make the practice squad. I’d be ok with that. He is going to have to work really hard for the D though..

Mark Sanchez is the greatest quarterback in modern Jets history. No Jets QB since the merger was as productive in his first three seasons. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez is the greatest quarterback in modern Jets history. No Jets QB since the merger has been as productive in his first three seasons. 

SAR I

Mark Sanchez was the quarterback of the most productive Jets team over 3 years since the merger. He wasn’t the greatest QB in modern Jets history. 

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Mark Sanchez was the quarterback of the most productive Jets team over 3 years since the merger. He wasn’t the greatest QB in modern Jets history. 

He will go down as 1 of the biggest qb busts in history. Shame when we had a great team overall, we also had a bottom ranked qb both 09/10

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He will go down as 1 of the biggest qb busts in history. Shame when we had a great team overall, we also had a bottom ranked qb both 09/10

thats really really strong....he certainly didnt live up to this expectations, but there are far worse...and many of them.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

*Please READ*

I originally locked this thread but decided to not let a couple people who can’t follow rules screw it up for everyone. So...

Any personal attacks, politics, racism or religion in this  thread and you go away until training camp. Don’t care who you are or who you think you are . 

You been warned. Have fun kids! 

I’m sad I missed whatever prompted this.

53 minutes ago, freestater said:

He's probably using that patented TB12 training method Belicheat is afraid of getting caught with...

Daily prostate exams and 2 shots of jizz before each meal.

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez is the greatest quarterback in modern Jets history. No Jets QB since the merger was as productive in his first three seasons. 

SAR I

Even if true and it's not, this would change him being a cheater how?

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Josh McCown 1st yr as a Jet was by far better than any year mark Sanchez ever had, for any of his many teams. Don’t say playoffs, he was carried more than Trent dilfer was by the super bowl champions ravens 

The old "these aint my pants" defense....

I smell a cushy job Asst. coaching an Iowa-an football team in his future. 

"Boys..I am not perfect...far from it...and these may not be my pants depending on iffin I get stopped by the po po whilst driving home after practice. You'd do well to remember that should you end up in someone elses pants...er....let me re-phrase that"

That sort of thing without racist, sexist, offensive overtones. 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This reminds me of when Freddy Galvis of the Phillies was busted for PED use.  .218 career hitter with a negative WAR. 

If you're gonna suck no matter what, might as well avoid PEDs altogether. 

I think the opposite.  I can understand borderline guys taking a roid to make the league but not established guys who risk ruining their reputation. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Hard Knocks...Shake weights FTW

i got a question right in team trivia the other night thanks to him.  Question was when did shake weights come out.  I remember him distributing them in 2010 and so i figured they came out the year before.  i was correct :)

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

read teh last 2 lines as many times as it takes to set in, please.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/13/former-jet-mark-sanchez-suspended-4-games-for-peds/

Mark Sanchez fumbled part of his credibility in the NFL free-agent market Friday.

The former Jets quarterback was suspended for the first four games of the 2018 regular season for violating the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy. Sanchez has yet to find a new team after serving as the Bears’ third-stringer on a one-year deal last season.

Sanchez, who has bounced around four teams after spending his first four seasons with the Jets, said he was stunned when the NFL informed him of his positive test.

“I was blind-sided by the news and I want to say unequivocally that I have never cheated or attempted to gain a competitive advantage by using a banned performance enhancing substance,” Sanchez said in a statement on his Instagram account. “During the past 9 years as an NFL player I have been subject to 73 drug tests — an average of over 8 tests per season — and all but one have been clean. I have taken the same regimen of supplements for the past five years without any issues.

“The timing and results of my tests establish circumstances of unknowing supplement contamination, not the use of performance enhancing substances.”

Sanchez, 31, likely will appeal the suspension. In the meantime, he will hope for a call from a team in need of a veteran quarterback who has experience mentoring young talent, like Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch with the Broncos, Dak Prescott with the Cowboys and Mitchell Trubisky with the Bears.

Sanchez never played like the franchise quarterback the Jets envisioned when they selected him with the No. 5 overall pick in 2009. Starting almost every game over four years, Sanchez threw more interceptions (69) than touchdowns (68).

Archived