Mark Sanchez suspended for PEDs

JetsFanatic

10 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Maybe he didn't get the best coaching or handling.  But he had a great chance in Philly to nail down the starting QB job and blew it.  He can't say he didn't get a second chance-he did.

That was after the devastating preseason throwing arm injury.  You can't look at Mark after that.

SAR I

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/15/2018 at 9:02 AM, SAR I said:

Exactly. 

Confidence is half the battle in the NFL. Rex and Idzik destroyed Mark. This franchise hasn't been the same since.

SAR I

They didn’t have enough color coded wrist bands for him ? Lol. Mark had it all, a running game with dominant line that carried him. Top 3 D that allowed him to do virtually nothing on offense.

I feel bad for our in coming rookie, the Oline is a shell of itself compared to what Sanchez had. The D sucks too now so the pressure will actually be on the qb to score points. 

52 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They didn’t have enough color coded wrist bands for him ? Lol. Mark had it all, a running game with dominant line that carried him. Top 3 D that allowed him to do virtually nothing on offense.

So the Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl because Nick Foles had no talent?  That's your argument?  If so, the Jets should have won back to back Super Bowl's because not only did Mark Sanchez play very well in our 4 playoff wins he was also the best Jet on the field in our 2 playoff losses.  Or, perhaps, the failure of the Jets in the Sanchez era was on the D and the Ground & Pound both of which sh*t the bed in Championship Games.

Can't have it both ways, chief.  Sanchez played well in the playoffs.  So either the QB carried the D and RB or the D and RB played like ass.  If you watched the games you know the answer.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gangrene said:

Mark Sanchez has earned $65,975,000 in his NFL career, there is no need to worry...the rent is paid for a while.

He was scammed in a Ponzi scheme I read somewhere lost a lot of money. 

SPORTS

Mark Sanchez cheated out of $7.8M by ‘good Christian’ scammer

By Associated Press

June 21, 2016 | 6:46pm

HOUSTON — Several professional athletes, including San Francisco Giants pitcher Jake Peavy, Denver Broncos quarterback Mark Sanchez and retired Houston Astros pitcher Roy Oswalt, were cheated out of more than $30 million by an investment adviser in a Ponzi-like scheme, federal investigators said Tuesday.

In a lawsuit filed last month in Dallas federal court, the Securities and Exchange Commission alleges that Ash Narayan told his clients he was pursuing a low-risk investment strategy for their money but actually put more than $33 million of it into an Illinois-based online sports and entertainment ticket business, The Ticket Reserve, that had lost money for the last four years. It also says he didn’t tell them that The Ticket Reserve paid him nearly $2 million in finder’s fees for directing their money to the company. Narayan stressed his “Christian faith” and “interest in charity” to gain their trust, according to a legal brief in the case obtained by USA Today.

“Narayan exploited athletes and other clients who trusted him to manage their finances. He fraudulently funneled their savings into a money-losing business and his own pocket,” Shamoil T. Shipchandler, director of the SEC’s Fort Worth regional office, said in a statement.

The SEC’s lawsuit alleges that Narayan, The Ticket Reserve, the ticket company’s CEO, Richard Harmon, and its chief operating officer, John Kaptrosky, violated antifraud provisions of federal securities laws and a related SEC antifraud rule, and accuses Narayan of violating the antifraud provisions of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.

The SEC said Tuesday that it obtained a court order freezing the assets of Narayan, Harmon, and Kaptrosky. A receiver has also been appointed to manage the ticket business. No criminal charges have been filed.

“Mr. Narayan has always sought to act in his clients’ best interests. Accordingly, he will continue to work with the SEC to ensure that this matter is resolved in the most favorable manner for those clients,” Howard M. Privette, Narayan’s attorney, said in an email.

Court records did not list attorneys for Harmon and Kaptrosky. They did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment on the lawsuit left with The Ticket Reserve.

Narayan worked out of Irvine, California, for a Dallas-based financial firm, RGT Wealth Advisors, from 1997 until earlier this year. In a statement, RGT said it fired Narayan after discovering what he had done.

“These actions did not conform to RGT’s high standards of client service and our core values of integrity and professionalism,” RGT said. “We are outraged by this conduct, and are working hard to try to recoup invested funds for the clients involved.”

According to court documents, Narayan directed more than $30.4 million into the ticket business from three current and former athletes: $15.1 million from Peavy; nearly $7.8 million from Sanchez; and nearly $7.6 million from Oswalt.

In statements filed as part of the lawsuit, both Peavy and Sanchez said they believe Narayan forged their signatures to transfer money from their accounts to the business.

Peavy said he had been working to set aside $20 million for after his playing days were over.

“Between 2011 and 2016, Narayan invested approximately $15 million of my funds in (the ticket business) without my authorization. This represents the vast majority of the personal funds that Narayan managed for me. … To date, I have yet to receive a return on any of my funds used to invest in” the ticket business, Peavy said.

Before the Giants’ game Tuesday in Pittsburgh, Peavy said he can’t speak publicly on the SEC investigation.

“We’re working through it best we can. Just have got to stay focused on this team and doing my job. … There’s always outside distractions in what we do. This obviously has been one,” he said.

All three athletes said they hired Narayan in part because he represented himself as a devout Christian involved in charitable causes and claimed to be a certified public accountant. The SEC says Narayan has never been a CPA.

In his statement, Sanchez said he had agreed to make only a $100,000 investment in the online ticket company and “because it is such a risky investment, I would not have knowingly invested additional funds in (the business) — much less committed millions of dollars to that company.”

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So the Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl because Nick Foles had no talent?  That's your argument?  If so, the Jets should have won back to back Super Bowl's because not only did Mark Sanchez play very well in our 4 playoff wins he was also the best Jet on the field in our 2 playoff losses.  Or, perhaps, the failure of the Jets in the Sanchez era was on the D and the Ground & Pound both of which sh*t the bed in Championship Games.

Can't have it both ways, chief.  Sanchez played well in the playoffs.  So either the QB carried the D and RB or the D and RB played like ass.  If you watched the games you know the answer.

SAR I

What ?? Lol. Where did I say nick Foles had no talent ? He played MUCH better than Sanchez ever did in the playoffs. Sanchez did well in the playoffs in the 4 games before the big time afc championships. He choked in both games. Stage just got too big for him, where as Foles just got better when the pressure increased. But yes, in the wild card games and div rounds, Sanchez played well. Which brings up a very overlooked point. Not many teams go on to win the Super Bowl that didn’t a 1st rd bye. If Sanchez wasn’t so terrible in regular season, things could have been different without playing the wildcard weekend both years. But he was terrible in the regular season both years.

On 4/13/2018 at 6:50 PM, SAR I said:
30076411_166617344037445_248935417565413 

I knew this ****er would never do what it takes to be a winner. 

On 4/15/2018 at 12:55 PM, BigO said:

Nonsense. He’s still a more competent back up QB than most teams have on their roster. Would you take Clemens, Hoyer, Geno over Sanchez? I think not.  It’s his first offense if found guilty. Not the end of the world. And with the state of lousy QB’s in the league, Sanchez will easily find a job. 

He's better than Clemens, but he can't carry Hoyer's jock. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He was scammed in a Ponzi scheme I read somewhere lost a lot of money. 

“Narayan exploited athletes and other clients who trusted him to manage their finances. He fraudulently funneled their savings into a money-losing business and his own pocket,” Shamoil T. Shipchandler, director of the SEC’s Fort Worth regional office, said in a statement.

I find it hard to believe that this is real.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Sanchez did well in the playoffs in the 4 games before the big time afc championships. He choked in both games. Stage just got too big for him, where as Foles just got better when the pressure increased. But yes, in the wild card games and div rounds, Sanchez played well. Which brings up a very overlooked point. Not many teams go on to win the Super Bowl that didn’t a 1st rd bye.

No first round bye?  How could that be since Mark was "carried" by the D and the Ground & Pound?  Why weren't they good enough to secure homefield advantage?  Wait, perhaps they sucked, not the 22 year old quarterback?

Oh, and Mark 'choked' in the AFC Championship Games?  LOL.  I suggest you watch them.  At Indianapolis he threw for 2 TD's and gave his road team a shocking 11 point lead.  A lead that the D and the Ground & Pound blew letting Manning pick them apart and getting 80 yards rushing on 30 carries.  And at Pittsburgh we were down 24 points before you finished your first beer as the D didn't get off the bus, D'Bust gave up a gimmie strip sack TD, and our Ground & Pound RB's had less than 70 yards rushing while Mark Sanchez completed 61% of his passes, threw for 2 TD's, had 0 INT's, and a QBR of 102.2 highest in team postseason history.

You're going to have to do better than "I think he sucks" when discussing Mark Sanchez performances in 2009, 2010, and 2011, chief.  And to save you the trouble-  you can't.  Because those Jet teams weren't undermined by the young QB.  They were undermined by lousy coaching, a D that choked in big games, and a rushing attack that wasn't playoff caliber.  That's the truth, not the "blame the quarterback" scapegoating that took place when Ryan and Tannenbaum found themselves on the hot seat.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No first round bye?  How could that be since Mark was "carried" by the D and the Ground & Pound?  Why weren't they good enough to secure homefield advantage?  Wait, perhaps they sucked, not the 22 year old quarterback?

Oh, and Mark 'choked' in the AFC Championship Games?  LOL.  I suggest you watch them.  At Indianapolis he threw for 2 TD's and gave his road team a shocking 11 point lead.  A lead that the D and the Ground & Pound blew letting Manning pick them apart and getting 80 yards rushing on 30 carries.  And at Pittsburgh we were down 24 points before you finished your first beer as the D didn't get off the bus, D'Bust gave up a gimmie strip sack TD, and our Ground & Pound RB's had less than 70 yards rushing while Mark Sanchez completed 61% of his passes, threw for 2 TD's, had 0 INT's, and a QBR of 102.2 highest in team postseason history.

You're going to have to do better than "I think he sucks" when discussing Mark Sanchez performances in 2009, 2010, and 2011, chief.  And to save you the trouble-  you can't.  Because those Jet teams weren't undermined by the young QB.  They were undermined by lousy coaching, a D that choked in big games, and a rushing attack that wasn't playoff caliber.  That's the truth, not the "blame the quarterback" scapegoating that took place when Ryan and Tannenbaum found themselves on the hot seat.

SAR I

Lol you are a funny guy. Does mark know you are his #1 fan in the whole wide world ???. Your crush bias is gleaming bright. Ohh ya after not showing up in first half of pitt game, he put on a show when game was already over. That prevent D pitt threw out just made it slightly interesting. If they continued to pressure mark he would not have been able to eat up garbage time yards. In the colt affcc he didn’t show up at all for 2nd half. CAnt blame it on the D, they can only carry the 1 of the worst qb in the league so far. You are right though, our D may have been very good top in league, but they were NOT a hall  fame D like the 2000 ravens who carried a bad qb also. If we had farve in 09 and not Sanchez, we likely win Super Bowl. Or many others. We had a great team, qb was by far the 1 weakness. Shame.

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol you are a funny guy. Does mark know you are his #1 fan in the whole wide world ???. Your crush bias is gleaming bright. Ohh ya after not showing up in first half of pitt game, he put on a show when game was already over. That prevent D pitt threw out just made it slightly interesting. If they continued to pressure mark he would not have been able to eat up garbage time yards. In the colt affcc he didn’t show up at all for 2nd half. CAnt blame it on the D, they can only carry the 1 of the worst qb in the league so far. You are right though, our D may have been very good top in league, but they were NOT a hall  fame D like the 2000 ravens who carried a bad qb also. If we had farve in 09 and not Sanchez, we likely win Super Bowl. Or many others. We had a great team, qb was by far the 1 weakness. Shame.

Read what you just wrote because it will enlighten you.

The Jets were built to win by a "you take one of ours we'll take two of yours" D and a "all weather ground and pound" rushing attack.  Remember?  It was said at every press conference Rex Ryan ever had, he was very clear on the matter, we're going to go smashmouth on both sides of the ball, remember?

Nowhere in Rex Ryan's strategy did it say "we are going to win it in the air".  Nowhere in Mike Tannenbaum's marching orders did it say "we are going to have a set of devastating skill receivers to tear up the NFL".  The strategy, all along, was to have a cheap and mediocre passing game so that the RB's and the expensive D could do all the damage, remember?

So when it all goes south, the blame needs to go to the areas of the team on which the winning strategy was built, primarily the "we don't get off the bus" D and the Ground Not Found RB's and not on the 22 year old QB with old geezers at WR.  Things really started going wrong in late 2011 and 2012 because we couldn't run the ball and we were always behind 10-0 in the first quarter, and then we needed the QB to play catch-up all game and Clyde Gates.

So shut up and listen.  Cool?

SAR I

On 4/13/2018 at 6:30 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

He will go down as 1 of the biggest qb busts in history. Shame when we had a great team overall, we also had a bottom ranked qb both 09/10

Not even close.    Not even top 5 bust.

I blame Rex and Mr. T for all of thise

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Read what you just wrote because it will enlighten you.

The Jets were built to win by a "you take one of ours we'll take two of yours" D and a "all weather ground and pound" rushing attack.  Remember?  It was said at every press conference Rex Ryan ever had, he was very clear on the matter, we're going to go smashmouth on both sides of the ball, remember?

Nowhere in Rex Ryan's strategy did it say "we are going to win it in the air".  Nowhere in Mike Tannenbaum's marching orders did it say "we are going to have a set of devastating skill receivers to tear up the NFL".  The strategy, all along, was to have a cheap and mediocre passing game so that the RB's and the expensive D could do all the damage, remember?

So when it all goes south, the blame needs to go to the areas of the team on which the winning strategy was built, primarily the "we don't get off the bus" D and the Ground Not Found RB's and not on the 22 year old QB with old geezers at WR.  Things really started going wrong in late 2011 and 2012 because we couldn't run the ball and we were always behind 10-0 in the first quarter, and then we needed the QB to play catch-up all game and Clyde Gates.

So shut up and listen.  Cool?

SAR I

Lol Sit down boy. What choice did Rex have ? He had a qb who constantly turned the ball over. He wasn’t asked to throw much, but when he did you had to hold your breath because he holds the record for turnovers per pass attempts. His only achievement. He went on to be a 3rd stringer because he is not a good qb. Or he thought big of a wussy that he couldn’t go to another team and succeed ? If you blame Rex for Mishandling him, why couldn’t he pick up and start somewhere else ? Don’t tell me the little hotdog boy was too ruined by the jets he just couldn’t overcome lol. If he was a man, and a good qb, he would have. Now he should retire and save himself the embarrassment. He can go coach hs ball maybe.  

Archived